Weight Loss Challenge for August! (OPEN)

Options

Replies

• Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 145
    August Goal Weight: 140
    Personal Challenge: Work on C25k consistently and get some sort of activity in daily. Also - work on eating cleaner. - slowly cutting out processed foods.
  • egrif1
    egrif1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing any results from the Butt Bible dvd? I tried when it was offered through DirecTV, but it was long enough for me to realize any results.

Just wondering?????
  • egrif1
    Options
    I'm in:

SW: 199.4
    GW: 192
    Personal Challenge: Walk (at least) 30 minutes a day, start Slim 'N' 6 and do some light weight training (I hurt my left arm).
  • mancgolfer
    mancgolfer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in, though I don't know if anyone has noticed that this thread was started in 2011 :-)

Not that it matters of course, but I don't think there have been any weigh in dates chosen yet.

Starting weight: 213
    August Goal weight: 199
    Personal Challenge: Exercise 6 times a week and no alcohol!

How about weigh-in dates on Saturday's to tally with the final day? i.e.

Saturday 10th August
    Saturday 17th August
    Saturday 24th August
    Saturday 31st August

gives a good run for the first weigh in!
  • egrif1
    Options
    I'm in, though I don't know if anyone has noticed that this thread was started in 2011 :-)

Not that it matters of course, but I don't think there have been any weigh in dates chosen yet.

Starting weight: 213
    August Goal weight: 199
    Personal Challenge: Exercise 6 times a week and no alcohol!

How about weigh-in dates on Saturday's to tally with the final day? i.e.

Saturday 10th August
    Saturday 17th August
    Saturday 24th August
    Saturday 31st August

gives a good run for the first weigh in!

The dates sounds good to me. Let's try to keep this going through the end of the year at least!
  • egrif1
    Options
    SW: 163.5
    GW: 158

My fitness goal is to walk 5,000 steps a day, make wise food choices (and log them,) and finally, do at least 5 minutes of pilates a day. I know it sounds like too little but I've decided to only make choices that I can honestly answer with, "Yes. I can at least do this for the rest of my life." If I were to say I would do an hour of pilates every day and 10,000 steps, I would quit before the month is out. I've decided to hop on the moderation train. Typically, I'm an all or nothing gal. No more. The moderation train journeys into lifelong weight loss and good health. I would say good luck but instead I'll say, good work to all!

This makes excellent sense to me. I have decided to do the same thing. Only bite off what I can chew. So far, it has worked. Good work to you too!!!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Your starting weight for August
    Your personal goal for August
    Your personal self-challenge for August

Starting weight: 165.7
    Personal Goal: 159.9 (I want to see the "5"!!!)
    Self-Challenge: Finish the 30 Day Shred stronger and ready to move on to something more difficult!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight for August : 218
    Your personal goal for August : 210
    Your personal self-challenge for August: Complete half of C25K, on week one now. Control my eating on weekends. Cut back on simple carbs.
  • petrulak
    petrulak Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    For August

SW: 161.4
    GW: 156
    Challenge: To get myself up to 4 miles jogging :smile:

Weigh-in dates:

Saturday 10th August
    Saturday 17th August
    Saturday 24th August
    Saturday 31st August
  • Leslie0423
    Options
    Starting: 215
    August GW: 200
    Fitness Goal: To work out 5-6 days a week, and log it all in here, along with my food!
  • Stacenglish
    Stacenglish Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am totally up for this!!

Starting weight for August : 276.8
    Personal goal for August: 269
    Personal self-challenge for August:
    1. Log every single thing I put in my mouth
    2. Make sure I get my water in on the weekends
    3. Get my 10000 steps and 5 miles in each day
  • LindsayGo
    Options
    I'm excited for August but also a little panicked because I have a trip planned to Maui the first of November and I still have a good bit of weight I want to lose by then!

Your starting weight for August: 236 lbs
    Your personal goal for August: 220 lbs
    Your personal self-challenge for August: Starting P90x today...goal is not to quit and pace myself!!
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Start Weight Aug: 131 lb. (I'm only 5'1" - so this puts me in obese range)
    Goal Weight for Aug End: 128 lb. (I lose weight really slowly even with best effort)
    Personal Goal: Continue to eat plant based diet, work out 5 or 6 days/wk, be patient with my slow progress
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Travelling this month so super anxious to do my best!!!

SW 155
    GW 149.9 (dreaming????)
    Self challenge.. stay within my calories while i travel AND exercise at least something every day

Wish me luck... and goodluck to u all :)
  • lharvey2797
    lharvey2797 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight for August: 150
    Your personal goal for August: 145
    Your personal self-challenge for August: Challenge myself to stay under sugar allowance daily. I also want to challenge myself to start adding some jogging in with my daily walks.

WEIGH IN DATES:

Aug. 5th (4th) -
    Aug. 12th (13th) -
    Aug. 19th -
    Aug. 26th -

End of Month -
  • p8t5y
    p8t5y Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for August 150
    Personal goal for August 145
    Personal challenge, eating well and exercising while away at a conferencs and visits.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight for August: 248.6
    Your personal goal for August: 242
    Your personal self-challenge for August: Finish the 30 DS, continue C25K and start another series of DVD exercises... ripped in 30... p90X... Insanity... still choosing if anyone has thoughts. I think P90X/Insanity might be a little too intense for me for now. Please give advice!

:D
  • RebBarnes
    RebBarnes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I need to be held accountable by someone other than myself or my husband so here it goes.

Starting weight - 8/1/2013- 164.2

August Goal - 6 lbs, 158 lbs

Personal Challenge - I am bad for giving up. I start and stop things. I started Insanity in May and then quit after 3.5 weeks with the excuse of being on vacation. I do those things all the time. So my August goal is to start and maintain a gym routine. A minimum of 3x a week at the gym to complete the program that I have designed for myself.
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Your starting weight for August: 280
    Your personal goal for August: 276
    Your personal self-challenge for August: Work on being under my sugar grams each day and add strength training the workouts I do at least 3 days a week

Weigh in dates:
    8/7
    8/14
    8/21
    8/28
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I'll go ahead, even though my weight loss has slowed remarkably AND I have a cruise next week:

August 1: 133.4 lbs

Goal Weight (1/2 lb weight loss per week): 131.2