Healthy Snack Ideas for a SWEETS Junkie???

Options
124»

Replies

• MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruits are really sweet and yummy
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Ocean Spray has this great trail mix with cranberries and chocolate chips. It's filling and sweet--best of both worlds.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Jerusalem toffees. Exactly what it is called. Find at health food shops.... Oven roasted dates. Awesome.... Tastes just like toffee.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Smuckers sugar free orange marmalade. It's so sweet and tangy. You can do half a w/w english muffin or i do 4 w/w melba toast with marmalade for about 100 calories.

I also drink Folgers Vanilla Biscotti coffee with a tbsp of ff int' delight hazelnut and a splotch of low fat whipped cream on top. Only about 50 calories, but curbs my sweet tooth and tastes sinful.

A couple graham crackers with sugar free pudding is tasty too.

And the unhealthiest option: I buy a package of 2 bite brownies or 2 bite cupcakes, that are mainly a special treat for my little girl, but can be a sweet treat for me for just 100 or so calories.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Trader joe's has a chocolate yogurt I like.
  • brownsquirrel09
    brownsquirrel09 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    if you're an ice cream junkie like me, I just discovered this wonderful ice cream called "So Delicious" and it's made with coconut milk and there are 150 calories per serving and 4 servings per pint for the chocolate (not the healthiest option but still much better than most ice creams). It has a slight coconut taste but that's the part I REALLY love about it! It's a bit expensive but well worth it so you don't cave on something more detrimental....
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Snacky little fruits like cherries, grapes, blueberries, strawberries etc are good because they feel like little sweet treats to eat. I know people say you can freeze grapes, but I've never tried. Its going to be around 40C every day for the next week so it might be a good time to test this out!

I like dried fruit but the calories are relatively high for the quantity, unless you really watch the portion (or you really need the fibre!) then I tend to give them a miss. Although, compared to chocolate or candy, you are at least getting a bit of nutrition so it could be worse.
    I found something yummy in Woolworths (Australia) recently - they are called Date and Coconut rolls and the ingredients are: dates, coconut. They are very sweet and delicious and I'm not kidding myself that they are especially healthy, but they are a nice treat and at least not full of artifically processed and coloured stuff.

I try to get more savoury snacks in there like cheese and crackers, almonds, veggie sticks and hommous. They aren't the same as a sweet treat but I have been trying to gradually increase the amount of these vs fruit and other sweet stuff.

My other suggestion is just to try and find a small serve of something you are really craving and enjoy it. Replacing a delicious candy bar with a fat free, sugar free pudding is just not the same. I would rather try to have a small serve of the real thing - it seems to me that it's a much better habit to build than eating lots and lots of stuff that is artificially sweetened and fooling my body into thinking that it really needs lots of sweet stuff. I know lots of people don't agree with this - but it's my opinion!
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was suggested are not ... Nature Valley Granola Thins Crispy Squares Dark Chocolate - only 80 calories, 4g fat, 75mg Sodium 6g sugars 1g Protein and 1g of Dietary Fiber
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice creams are all goo and now they have candy too....the choc carmel turtles are pretty good. Also the fiber one brownies are yummy. I just got some chocolate cherrios and they are really good too!
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I love Nature Valley Thins in Dark Chocolate...its only 80 calories and really hits my sweet tooth spot
  • Annadrews
    Annadrews Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I found a brownie mix made with splenda, gonna go make them right now:)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Do you like coffee???
    I have a French vanilla coffee with sugar free French vanilla creamer and Splenda at night and it really helps me with my sweet "dessert" at night - 32 cals

Also weight watchers giant latte bars are either 80 or 90 cals each. Ice cream and coffee wonderful. My sister and i call them heaven on a stick...

Denise
  • scraplady7
    Options
    I like fat free vanilla yogurt with blueberries, or strawberries. Also fruit smoothies.
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    i like the 100 calorie packs of the chocolate pretzels...
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Bumping to get ideas. Thanks for sharing everyone!