Where/How did you meet your SO?

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
Was it a starbucks, barnes n' noble, grocery store run in?

Did you meet online?

Were you set up by your besties?

Did you meet at work?

Did you steal your bestie's SO?

Were you shoe shopping and reached for the same red patent leather stiletto and know it was fate?

Did you get drunk and go home together from the townie bar and realize you have no idea what his/her name was the next day?

Did you have gastroenteritis and fall madly in love with your attending RN?

Tell all...

Replies

• cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    I was set up by our parents... at church... nothing much to tell there..
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    D&D

Yep....I'm a nerd.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Met at an RPG table (custom game, sorta D&Dish)
  • ngilliam1
    Options
    I met him when I was in third grade and he was in fifth. Our mom's had us play together during a PTA meeting. That was 25 years ago.
  • kgagnon7779
    Options
    I met my husband through my boyfriend (at the time). :blushing:
  • tukrainets
    tukrainets Posts: 119
    Options
    met at alki beach.... we (my two best friends and i knew his friend) were actually trying REALLY hard to pass them without them saying hi.. didnt work :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    We worked together at Wendy's during my senior year in HS. 27 years later, we're still together.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    D&D

Yep....I'm a nerd.

High *rolls 1d6* Four!
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    I was the manager at a local Subway and he came in often..........i was in a bad marriage at the time but that didnt stop my secret crush.........all me employees knew if he came in they were NOT allowed to wait on him (I had to).......well fast foward almost 6 years later and we are happily married........he will always be my subway man ;)
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I unfortunately met mine online BUT the perk of it is, we're still together 2 years later. I love him to pieces! =.)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I met mine online at a local dating site that no longer exists. It was a super cheesy site and the day I was going to close out my (free) account, I had a message that wasn't disgustingly repulsive and was actually nice, not at all dirty, so I responded to him. We messaged back and forth for a bit before he asked if it was too forward to ask for my number. We talked all night long, until it was time for me to get ready for work the next morning and have been together ever since. :happy:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I was his Boss at work and he was a truck driver:smokin: He's 16 years younger than me. We dated for a year and have been happily married for 8 years.....he's the best!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hee Hee - We met online although he doesn't tell anyone that:bigsmile: We talked for about two weeks first through emails and then phone then we met at an airshow and that was 7 years ago. Funny thing is - both of us hate airshows - we each went when we found out it was an easy public place to meet with no strings attached in case one of us wanted to run:laugh:
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Followed him around the pubs in town for a few weeks before plucking up the courage to 'pounce'!! LOL:laugh:

That was about 17 yrs ago! :love:
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Met mine online through an ex-boyfriend actually. They both did development work for Darkspace (online video game) so we all played another game together. My ex and I split, and my (now) husband stayed in touch. Years went by, the situation fell into place and I flew to England to meet him in person :) we got married a year and a half later... and it's been nearly a year since then!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Internets! I started chatting with him over Facebook when I was bored, because we had a friend in common. Been living together for a year now.
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    We met for the very first time ever on our college campus when I was hammered one night. Oops.

Then we kinda saw each other around campus sometimes.

Saw him in the weight room a lot (we were both college athletes) and thought he was crazy hot. I had just dumped the guy I was supposed to go to my sorority event with (he was SUCH a jerk) and I told my roommate I was thinking about inviting him (my SO) because I thought he was cute. She said I definitely had to and he was so nice and he'd definitely say yes.

I cold called him. Left a voicemail. "Hi Andrew this is Lauren Murphy...don't know if you remember me but I was wondering if you wanted to go to a Kappa event with me?"

He called back. Said yes. We hung out two weeks before the event, and we've been in separable for the last 2.5 years :)

Funny thing is, turns out he couldn't even go to the event with me. Oh well :)
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I met my husband through my boyfriend (at the time). :blushing:

Bwahahaha!!! Hubs was my ex's brothers best friend.
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I met my husband in high school, I was a freshman (14) and he was a senior (16). We dated 7 years and have been married for 3.
  • fitsaxon
    fitsaxon Posts: 57
    Options
    Slip & slide party!