Where/How did you meet your SO?

Options

Replies

• landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    INTERNET. we were young... and dumb... and here we are 9 years later. Just celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary last month.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    we met in a bar called the Electric Cowboy in 1998 (kinda Bud & Sissy style lol). Both of us were just coming out of divorces so we called it quits after a couple of months. Too much baggage. We went our separate ways and in 2000 started dating again and have been together ever since. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary in 10 days. I cant wait for the next 10.

As a matter of fact he legally adopted my daughter in 2004 and together we have a son. Life is grand at the boomboom palace!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    On World of Warcraft, yep, we're nerds too :P

Edit: I was GM of a guild and he was our main tank, LOLOL!
    We've known eachother for about 5 years been together/married close to 4 years!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    She was the "Girl Friday" Admin to the owner of the company I worked at.

Dating was forbidden.

We did it anyway. :devil:

That was almost 26 years ago :bigsmile:
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i met my pookie at karaoke...i was in a relationship at the time, i met that one basically online, WASTE OF TIME!!!...i moved to south fl for him and ended up meeting the improvement lol :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Slip & slide party!

oooohhhhh... nice.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Cruising Van Nuys Blvd in late 1979, married 1981.

This was a big deal from the 40's thru the early 80's when it was shut down. Wednesday night we all cruised up and down, radios blasting...... Checked out the cars and by then 4x4's were huge too. Waved to friends walking up and down the street, usually hundreds of people.

They brought it back about 2 years ago, again hundreds of people, but it didn't last.
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    I met my husband through my boyfriend (at the time). :blushing:
    me too and I'm not ashamed to say it.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Was it a starbucks, barnes n' noble, grocery store run in?

Did you meet online?

Were you set up by your besties?

Did you meet at work?

Did you steal your bestie's SO?

Were you shoe shopping and reached for the same red patent leather stiletto and know it was fate?

Did you get drunk and go home together from the townie bar and realize you have no idea what his/her name was the next day?

Did you have gastroenteritis and fall madly in love with your attending RN?

Tell all...

My wife and I were setup on a blind date by one of my co-workers. My co-worker's son had some issues with fine motor skills and was seeing an Occupational Therapist to help with that. That OT was single and looking for a guy who was husband material. My Co-workter thought I fit the bill and gave her a picture of me and my phone number and about a month later she called me out of the blue. We had dinner and a move the following weekend and a year later we got married in Jamaica on the beach and a year after that she gave birth to our daughter.

The funny thing is that I knew she was special right away. I kept the movie ticket stubs in my wallet for two years and now have them in the safe as a reminder. I thougt so highly of her after our first date I kept the stubs for good luck! That was 6 years ago.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    She was the "Girl Friday" Admin to the owner of the company I worked at.

Dating was forbidden.

We did it anyway. :devil:

That was almost 26 years ago :bigsmile:

What the H E Double Hockey Sticks is a Girl Friday Admin and how do I get one??
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was 1 and he was 3. We met over a sandbox. I'm now 39 and we're living happily ever after. Our 21st anniversary is next week. His sister says we started taking baths together and just never stopped. :blushing:
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    He was the DD and I was the talkative drunk girl. He had a girlfriend at the time and his friend and I had a thing going. About a year later we ended up dating and have been for almost 4.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I met my bf technically when I was a baby (my dad worked with his grandfather at the time) and then technically again in preschool.. then we really met in high school because my friend had a crush on him :blushing: And we then lived in the same dorm in college and hung out together a lot even though he had a girlfriend at the time! Then we got together after that and it's almost been 4 years now :heart:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We met on an online dating site. He's so shy and reserved, we never would have met otherwise. Even though we lived in the same metropolitan area.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Our parents knew each other in high school, but we didn't meet until we were both in college and they moved across the street from each other. We dated for about 3 months in our mid-20's, and it was a BUST (my mom liked him, which for me at that age was DISASTER). He thought I was crazy (I was a man hating radical feminist something-or-other :angry: , and he was afraid I might like girls instead), I thought he was too goody-2-shoes :flowerforyou: (he was too "normal" for me, I guess).

We tried it again at age 28 -- by then he decided I wasn't crazy after all, and I decided maybe the trustworthy goody-goody kind of guy was what I needed after all.

Now we're married with 2 gorgeous boys -- and that was 12 years ago!

(See? The good guys do win after all!) :bigsmile:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    bump for tomorrow time to go to the gym :)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Ironically, online dating site... for "big, beautiful people". I had lost only about half my weight at that point. Attracted him with my bod, kept him with my sparkling personality, lol. Fortunately he's happy for me and loves me regardless of my size.
  • cochoa35
    cochoa35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend online EHarmony been dating 7 1/2 months now. It's been wonderful, we are so glad we found each other.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    We met online. He's 10 years younger than I am but we found out we lived in the same town growing up, went to the same schools and work in the same profession and have had many other odd instances through out life when our paths have crossed and we did not know it at the time ...it's like are paths crossed all through out life but the age difference had us out of synch until we are finally of an age that it no longer matters:)
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    we met at a local metal show in the mosh pit, I kicked his butt a few times but in the end he won the free ink for the best mosher. And here we are 6 years later still pushing each other in mosh pits and getting tattoos together, who could ask for more