Can a woman be too fit to be beautiful?

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    toned is beautiful. stringy or bulky muscles with no bodyfat is not. it's punkrock but it's not beautiful.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Self Confidence makes a person beautiful, in my opinion. And there is Beauty in everyone. I agree with you I think that the women you mentioned are beautiful. They really need to find something REAL to talk about.
    agreed
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Kelly Ripa needs to eat a cheese burger or two... That is just my opinion. She looks like she would break if you sneezed on her.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't find women that thin at all pretty. It looks sickly to me. But I also don't care for female body builders, either. (The big, bulky ones)

But I'm hoping these women look like that because THEY want to, not because someone else thinks they should. So it shouldn't matter what I think.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Can a man be too fit?

So dumb...
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I'd rather look like Helen Mirren in her 60s than Madonna in her 50s.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1035510/Helen-Mirren-bikini-queen-reigns-supreme-63.html

...how is it even possible to be so gorgeous?

I have a major Helen Mirren crush.

Then again, I also have a major Meryl Streep crush. Maybe I just have a thing for fabulous, fit, talented older women.

My opinion -- too fit is not something that even computes. Too skinny may exist. Too heavy may exist. But I think if you're fit, then you're beautiful. Truly, fit shines through, above, and independent of weight. Being healthy is the truly beautiful thing, and that comes in all sizes.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Can a woman be too fit to be beautiful?

No.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    In my experience women don't like to gain muscle mass because they don't want to look bulky. The bulky look comes from building muscle underneath the fat, so you've got to pick your goals and train accordingly.

Can a woman be too fit? Absolutely not. Our bodies can do amazing things if we allow ourselves to try.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    It's all subjective. What one person finds attractive, another may not.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    So... I don't believe there's such a thing as "too fit," but I do think there's such a thing as too low of body fat and even too bulky of muscles. As far as BF% goes, too low is a health problem. Bulky muscles is more an aesthetic thing... but if you need to be all 'roided up to GET those muscles, then that's a health problem, too.

And that goes for men AND women, but I don't think I'll be seeing anything on GMA about men who are too buff. :grumble:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Here's my take on things....

Muscular is beautiful. Toned is beautiful. Curvy is beautiful. Skinny is beautiful. Thick is beautiful. Veiny is beautiful. Pale skin is beautiful. Dark skin is beautiful. Freckles are beautiful. Scars are beautiful.

I guess I'm just one of those people who finds something beautiful to appreciate in everyone....

Who cares if Madonna is pale and has "veiny" arms? She kicks major *kitten* to look like that! I admire that about her.
    I admire that about all the women who are mentioned in this post. It's not enough that they are strong successful women? They have to be critisized for being "too fit".....even by some of the people in this forum?! Unbelievable.

Personally, I like the muscular look for myself and MY body. If anyone doesn't like it they don't have to look.

One of my favorite quotes is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and sometimes it is necessary to give a misinformed beholder a black eye."
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you are too fit, you skip right over beautiful to blisteringly hot!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about how the whole debate "objectifies" women - they/ we become "objects of envy" rather than whole people. I also think that super attractive people tend to make it difficult for others to approach them - especially in a "courtship" way. The risk of rejection is just too great. And so a lot of these super attractive people seem to end up with temporary partners who are really jerks - because the so-called "pertners" don't have the sensitivity of shy people.... Just a thought....
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    This----Not beautiful to me :(

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/madonna-muscles-getty.jpg

Those other women are far from being this fit.....they are fit, but still "soft" and womanly.....

to be fair, shes in her 50s. She cant really win. If i look that good when im in my 50s ill be a very happy bunny

Amen to that! She is absolutely hot for 50!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    beautiful doesnt have to rely on your looks.. that question's too broad to answer.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Muscular is beautiful. Toned is beautiful. Curvy is beautiful. Skinny is beautiful. Thick is beautiful. Veiny is beautiful. Pale skin is beautiful. Dark skin is beautiful. Freckles are beautiful. Scars are beautiful.

Ditto!

It's all about preceived beauty. Not everyone is going to agree. Dear Lord...I'm tiny, pale skinned, freckled, and covered in stretch marks because of a pregancy. That's not beautiful by many peoples standards...I don't care. I love me for me.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    All the women you listed are fine, in the old meaning of the word :D

Now, some of the extreme female bodybuilders are a bit over the top for my taste. I can appreciate the dedication needed to reach their goals, and applaud them for their work ethic. But it's just not esthetically pleasing to me. Same for the guys to really.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The thing, too, is that women like Cameron Diaz or Kelly Ripa are probably no more "fit" than, say, Halle Berry. But Halle's genetically gifted with a tiny waist and a great set of knockers, so she looks more hourglass and womanly in the traditional sense of the word than someone with narrow hips and a smaller chest.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options

One of my favorite quotes is "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and sometimes it is necessary to give a misinformed beholder a black eye."

I've never heard this spin on that quote but I love it. I'll have to use this one. :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    It's just a subtle way for the media to make all the fat Americans feel better about themselves and think it's okay to be lazy and gluttonous.

Not all people who are fat are lazy and gluttonous and people should not presume they are.

agreed...I think that comment was really unnecessary.