Something positive I did to love me today! Please add!

Options

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    No I am waiting for it to come in to my branch. I can't wait to read it though, thanks for the tip and the encouragement!
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    No problem. I have had such an epiphany in the last year about who I am and my worth. I was put down by my entire family except for mom who was completely indifferent. I was raised with no self worth. Then I was in a 21 yr marraige that was emotionally abusive. I just knew somehow I must be the most abnormal person on the face of the planet and there wasn't another person in this world that felt the way I did. All be darned if I was not 100% wrong with that assumption! So now I that I know I am like millions of other people but still uniquely me...I feel wonderful about myslef.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Ok, so today I exercised when I sure didn't feel like it and ended up feeling better for it. I made the right decision for a healthy happy me. Did 35 min on the bike and 25 minutes of a new workout I found in the ME Diet book and some crunches and leg lifts, too. Kicked my butt but I felt so good after doing it. I was proud of me. I AM WORTH IT!:drinker:
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • hcam8
    hcam8 Posts: 69
    Options
    Yesterday I actually took the day off exercise! I also had a bath and had a massive stretching session, and tried to relax all the knots in muscles in my legs...it was amazing!!

Good rest!! (first in about 10 days)
  • heyjude78
    heyjude78 Posts: 160
    Options
    I made time to workout today, even thought it was really late, because I made a goal to. I could've easily made an excuse but I didn't!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Great job ladies! Way to be good to yourself!:drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I made myself go skating early this morning, even though I was so sleepy. I decided I wanted to practice MORE than I wanted to sleep. :-D
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks for posting..... I Didn't stop at Mcdonalds or the Donut shop by my job this morning!!!!!!!! :smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    I went for an IV iron treatment to fight my anemia and I am feeling much better. ( I had a double dose last week and this week and then 2 more to go.) Went grocery shopping and bought all stuff that is good for my body!:smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Today after my workout I was stretching and hugged myself afterwards and told myself every good thing I could think of about myself and that I loved me. It was a simple yet deep action. I couldn't believe how much it affected me. Made me realize how mean I had been to myself and how critical.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Today I logged onto MFP and found encouraging words from wonderful people! Thanks!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    yesterday I went to the gym and worked out for a little over an hour then went and bought some beautiful veggies and ground chicken on sale to keep feeding myself healthy stuff that I deserve!
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Okay, this is an oldie, but I've been thinking I might need to do it again. Several years ago, after my divorce, I was having a lot of issues. I'd spent years subordinating my personality, trying to be the person my husband told me he wanted me to be. Of course, it never worked. I was miserable, needy, etc. So after my divorce, I decided I didn't want to be that weak, spineless woman anymore. I decided to bury her. I found something to represent the person I didn't want to be any more (in this case my journal), and I buried it in a box, under an orange tree in Sicily. I even wrote a poem about it later. It was very healing, because I was able to use the symbolism to exorcise that part of my character I didn't want. I came back from that deployment a new, confident woman. I had never in my life felt so good about myself, and so worthwhile. Since then I've been through a lot, and I'm wondering if it might not work again...and this time, I'll bury Fat Sarah, too!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Sounds powerful whitejessamine, I really just want to learn to love Fat Amy that's what I am working on loving me no matter what I look like, but I need to bury the self hatred wonder if that would work for me. Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I went to McDonalds. I know that sounds completely counterintuitive to what "we" do around MFP, but seriously, my body was craving a double cheeseburger, so I had one. I know myself enough to know that if I had fought the craving, and forced down my healthy lunch, I would have had resentment toward myself for it later. It probably would have resulted in a binge tonight on something else. And probably a double cheeseburger tomorrow.

So, I had the double cheeseburger (and fries, natch), and I adjusted my meal plans for dinner accordingly, and have committed to an hour of fitness with a friend (so I can't back out or skip it). I'm working really hard to build a healthy relationship with food, and that includes indulging when I truly crave it.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    I went to McDonalds. I know that sounds completely counterintuitive to what "we" do around MFP, but seriously, my body was craving a double cheeseburger, so I had one. I know myself enough to know that if I had fought the craving, and forced down my healthy lunch, I would have had resentment toward myself for it later. It probably would have resulted in a binge tonight on something else. And probably a double cheeseburger tomorrow.

So, I had the double cheeseburger (and fries, natch), and I adjusted my meal plans for dinner accordingly, and have committed to an hour of fitness with a friend (so I can't back out or skip it). I'm working really hard to build a healthy relationship with food, and that includes indulging when I truly crave it.

That is awesome!!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Okay, this is an oldie, but I've been thinking I might need to do it again. Several years ago, after my divorce, I was having a lot of issues. I'd spent years subordinating my personality, trying to be the person my husband told me he wanted me to be. Of course, it never worked. I was miserable, needy, etc. So after my divorce, I decided I didn't want to be that weak, spineless woman anymore. I decided to bury her. I found something to represent the person I didn't want to be any more (in this case my journal), and I buried it in a box, under an orange tree in Sicily. I even wrote a poem about it later. It was very healing, because I was able to use the symbolism to exorcise that part of my character I didn't want. I came back from that deployment a new, confident woman. I had never in my life felt so good about myself, and so worthwhile. Since then I've been through a lot, and I'm wondering if it might not work again...and this time, I'll bury Fat Sarah, too!

Omg there are so many things you learn about yourself after divorce. I remember when I moved into my apartment and went to the grocery store, I was putting things away and thought...this is MY tylenol that I am putting in MY bathroom cupboard and no one take it, use it or tell me 'no'!!! I am woman hear me roar!!!! lol

I think the 'bury' idea is fantastic! BUT Amy is right too...fat or not, you need to love who you are!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    OK so I was wondering if you all would like to try something.

List 5 things about yourself that you do like!

I will go first.

1. I like my smile
    2. I like that I am a total cry baby! (I say my eyes leak)
    3. I like that music moves my very soul
    4. I like that I enjoy reading and not tv (I watch maybe 3hrs a week)
    5. I like that my kids call me a dork!

Ok so who is next!
  • jessiebombshell
    Options
    Instead of feeling lonely about my fitness routine and challenge to be healthier I wrote an email to my best friend who's in the middle of a similar process and having almost identical issues with her family/partner. It felt really good not to be so isolated, and really encouraging to know there's someone on the other side of the country rooting for me. Taking the time out to reach out to her was good for both of us, and definitely a bright spot in my day.