Something positive I did to love me today! Please add!

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Five things I like about me:

1. I have a wicked sense of humor
    2. I'm a winker. I like to wink at people
    3. I truly believe there is good in every one
    4. I'm a dreamer. I can lay in the yard and stare at the sky for hours on end
    5. I'm not afraid to accept that I may be wrong
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    1) I can see the good in EVERYONE
    2) I can nearly always see both sides of an argument
    3) I still know how to play and be silly, even though I am a grown up :)
    4) I'm a total geek, and I love it!
    5) I have an amazing capacity to forgive (it springs from number 1, lol)
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    You are such an inspiration... you made several people smile today. Please add that to your list!

For me, I took half an hour to enjoy a peaceful morning before heading to work. It was a great day to start the day--ME TIME!
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    Sounds powerful whitejessamine, I really just want to learn to love Fat Amy that's what I am working on loving me no matter what I look like, but I need to bury the self hatred wonder if that would work for me. Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Just a point of clarification: Fat Sarah is not me fat. Fat Sarah is what I named the insidious voice in my head I've given control to all these years. The one that tells me it's okay to sneak junk food because no one will know. The one that tells me I'm worthless and ugly, and all those bad things. Fat Sarah is my evil twin--not my body, but my bad choices which led to what I've done to my body. It is the personification of my weakness and self-indulgence and laziness. So burying Fat Sarah would be an act of loving myself fat.
  • Lotz
    Lotz Posts: 2
    Options
    I think this has to be the best thread I've seen so far!! We all need a little positive thought to get us through the day.

- I smile about 99% of the day
    - I make the best cupcakes! They are like little desserts
    - I find the most simple things amazing. Snow fakes and eyelashes in particular
    - I know exactly how to make my boyfriend smile and laugh
    - I'm myself and there is no-one else like me out there.

That last one is true of all of us!! We are ourselves and that is the most important thing that we should like about ourselves!!

Sending calorie free hugs to all (hehe)
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    you guys are great! I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts.

1. my hair. i do have pretty hair
    2. The fact that I have no hair on my legs...Thanks to my indian ancestors! (I only have to shave once a month or so) Yea me!!
    3. I love that I have joined in on MFP.
    4. I love when my kids call me a nerd. ;)
    5. I love that I am finally getting MY life back!

Happy day to everyone!! Feel free to add me as a friend. We can help motivate each other.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness we have some wonderful people in this world!! You all reminded me of some other things I like about myself and I really needed it this morning.

What I did today to love myself..... I stoped some stinkin' thinkin'!!!

When I was getting dressed today and my pants were tight I got a bit upset with myself for not controling my eating and exercising more. You know the whole 'you are such an idiot for gaining weight back that you worked so hard to get off'!!! Then I started thinking about the last year and all of the many things that happened and thought....'you know what I think I did pretty darn good considering that I am 47, going through the change, about to finally get a monthly visit (I think) and you are taking care of a 89 yr old, a 13 yr old, a new husband and working! Do better today and life is very good and you are very blessed!!

And that is what I am going to do! Do better today. I am going for a walk at lunch and I will spend at least 30 min at the gym tonight.

Good morning everyone!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    picadilly-I am loving the book so far just got it yesterday and started it last night. I love your 5 idea.

1. I have a great sense of humor and I'm pretty funny.
    2. I have beautiful sparkly eyes - my mom used to say I had "Betty Davis eyes":laugh:
    3. I look for the positive in everything and hope for the best and expect the best.
    4. I am very intelligent.
    5. I am a compassionate and empathetic person who loves to help people.

Last night in my group therapy meeting I shared what I wrote in my letter to myself and the people in my group told me I inspire them when they get down or find it hard they think of all I have lost and how dedicated I am and it gets them going again. One woman even said she thought of me all week each time she helped herself through hard times and was being her own friend. They touched me with their kind words and I allowed myself to feel proud of that and didn't wave off the compliments. Yay progress!!:drinker:
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    Sarah- got it! That makes so much sense I think that is great bury the negative Sarah that keeps you in the self hating behaviors.:drinker: I need to do that!:flowerforyou:
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Sounds powerful whitejessamine, I really just want to learn to love Fat Amy that's what I am working on loving me no matter what I look like, but I need to bury the self hatred wonder if that would work for me. Thanks!:flowerforyou:

Just a point of clarification: Fat Sarah is not me fat. Fat Sarah is what I named the insidious voice in my head I've given control to all these years. The one that tells me it's okay to sneak junk food because no one will know. The one that tells me I'm worthless and ugly, and all those bad things. Fat Sarah is my evil twin--not my body, but my bad choices which led to what I've done to my body. It is the personification of my weakness and self-indulgence and laziness. So burying Fat Sarah would be an act of loving myself fat.

I get it and think it a wonderful idea!!!! Can't wait to hear how it works!! Keep us posted!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    picadilly-I am loving the book so far just got it yesterday and started it last night. I love your 5 idea.

2. I have beautiful sparkly eyes - my mom used to say I had "Betty Davis eyes":laugh:
    3. I look for the positive in everything and hope for the best and expect the best.

Last night in my group therapy meeting I shared what I wrote in my letter to myself and the people in my group told me I inspire them when they get down or find it hard they think of all I have lost and how dedicated I am and it gets them going again. One woman even said she thought of me all week each time she helped herself through hard times and was being her own friend. They touched me with their kind words and I allowed myself to feel proud of that and didn't wave off the compliments. Yay progress!!:drinker:

That book will make you cry, laugh out loud, smile, and inspire....it is by far the best book I have read this year! You will have to share with me as you go through it!
  • mrdwatson91
    Options
    Congrats, keep the good work up!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options

Oh and by the way....good job!! Have you decided to post a blog yet?
  • jessiebombshell
    Options
    5 Things I Like About Myself

1. I read really fast. Like, stayed up super late and finished Book 7 of Harry Potter the same night it came out fast. When I really get into a story I just devour novels.
    2. I'm open to trying new things in the kitchen. I actively spend time looking, shopping, and preparing new recipes for my partner and myself. Sometimes they fail, but more often that not there's at least something about the recipe worth saving to incorporate later.
    3. I'm honest. This one is hard for me to say, because it hasn't always been true. But I've worked hard to get to the point where I can say with confidence that I'm a pretty honest person. And that's an ongoing effort.
    4. I have a really close relationship with my family. Again, it's something I've had to consciously work on, but we're really tight.
    5. I'm a good listener. I never really considered it a skill and thought it was totally normal, but I've been getting a lot of compliments on it over the years. I'm glad people can open up to me, and I'm glad I can make people feel comfortable.
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    picadilly- I am still thinking about the blog post. Sharing with the therapy group was a relief so maybe I will. I am loving the book so far I am at the part where she just went shopping with her overweight friend with the terrible attitude. I was reading it while doing my hour on the exercise bike today.

For those who are curious the book is Such a Pretty Face by Cathy Lamb.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Don't you just want to slap the friend but at the same time give her a hug and say 'Things can be better!' You are flying throught that book! So glad you are enjoying it. Cathy Lamb has become one of new favorite authors! I am reading the new book in the Clan of the Cave Bear series right now and then I will be reading Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb.

Jessiebombshell-your 5 things were very thoughtful and though provoking!
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Today I am going to read my book at lunch and do a work out video at home.

I am really having a hard time finding 'me' time again and I have got to figure out why and how to make sure I don't get sucked into the rut again. Last night I wanted to go to the gym but when I got home, the printer would not work and my husband needed to print some invoices and get them faxed so I fixed the printer. Then I made dinner and cleaned up. Then mom thought my 13 yr old son took 2 of her quilt blocks to be ornery so I had to find them and the deal with hurt feelings. I did manage to take the dog for a 15 min walk but it was so late and I was so tired by the time all that was done...I just went to bed. SO tonight I will kick everyone out of the family room, shut the door and do a video, take a shower and hang out in bed with my book! They have to let me take care of myself or I wont be able to care for them!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    pickadilly- It's just my younger sister and me here and she is at school Mon-Thurs nights so after dinner it's all me time. I just need to make sure I keep up the good work after school start week after next. I know exercise helps me deal with stress and as long as I get to the gym before going home I am usually pretty good. I put the exercise bike in my room beside my bed so I can get straight out of bed and on the bike once school starts to get at least 20 min in before my shower. Maybe some exercise will lower my dependence on coffee to wake up I am trying to get to decaf coffee, I am down to half caff so we'll see.

I am a little over half finished with the book. It is so good! I requested the other 4 books our library system has and the newest is on the hold list I think it's the one you are reading. So that will give me time to read the other three.
  • pickadilly2009
    Options
    Amy, this is my biggest battle. Everyone say's that I have baby'd my son's too much because I do too much for them...but it is so in my personality to take care of others. After my divorce, it was just my youngest son and I and I had plenty of 'me' time. Then mom moved back in with me and it got a lot more difficult but I figured it out and still found time. Now 2 months into being married again, to the most loving man on the planet, I am struggling again. It will work itself out eventually but only if I keep it in their minds that I need my time. He wants to work out with me but does very physical work all day and doesn't neccesarily need to everyday like I do because I sit at a desk all day. We have talked about it and he understands so it is just a matter of finding my groove again! lol

I knew you would love it! I have another friend that is devouring the books too! Where are you now?

How old is your younger sister? You are very determined. You need to rub off on me! lol
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    My sister is 2 yrs younger-35 and she was very babied as a child and so she really doesn't do anything around the house unless it is only for her. I do all the cooking, cleaning (except her laundry) and basically everything that has to be done. She is a little bigger than me, she had always been smaller but I passed her a few months ago and now she is starting to kind of worry about exercise and diet, sisterly competition I guess. So hope I can rub off on her! She had super low self esteem when she finished school and I think it was due to low expectations and never being required to do anything. It was easy to live up to no expectations, but the real world has huge expectations. Be careful of that with your son. In the long run doing things for him that he can do for himself convinces a part of him that he can't succeed at the simplest things. My sister is better than she was but still doubts herself a lot when it comes to success. Mom was the opposite with me the middle child, I was always pushed extremely hard and no grade except a 100% was ever good enough so I push myself until it's perfect. That is why my weight bothers me so much I feel like I have failed even with the amount I've lost. SO I just have to keep telling myself I am good enough, I am not a failure, and I am worth it! I am hoping that someday soon I will start to believe it.

As for the book, Polly just announced on air she is anorexic and they are getting ready for the parties. She is building her garden. Her descriptions are so vivid I can see her house and the garden and want to live there!