Slender Sisters <3 Introduction Thread (Closed Group)

Options
12346»

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in on you ladies and see how everyone is doing? Having any challenges? TOM is my main challenge right now, and it really has a grip on my emotions this month. Can't wait til next week when I will (hopefully) have a loss on the scale, and an improved outlook on everything.

On a positive note, I had a NSV in that my new middle finger ring is a lot looser now! I have to keep turning the stone back to the top of my hand because it's slipping around, and in the past the first place I ever notice weight loss is in my fingers for some reason. Yay!
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't have a set workout plan. It's going to change once my oldest daughter starts kindergarten on the 22nd. I'll be working part-time and will lose the ability to workout at the gym during lunch as I'll only be taking 30 minute lunches.

I'm trying to do a pilates workout at least 3 times a week. I'm considering getting the Wii Fit to have more workout options at home. I also have 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs and Bob's Weight Loss Yoga DVD. I like to run (well jog) but it is too hot here in Texas to do that outside at any time of day. I also like to bicycle but haven't been out on the road in a while. I'm cancelling my gym membership after this month. I might opt back in after we get used to my part-time pay. If a good deal comes along I might just jump on it. :smile:

I guess I'll have some trial and error after next week figuring out a workout routine. I might try going to the gym at 5 am before my membership expires at the end of the month. That would certainly be rough but well worth it.
  • Tlkt1969
    Tlkt1969 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I try to get in the gym at work 3-4 days a week and walk on the treadmill as well as do some weights and some core muscle groups. Also my husband and I have been getting up early in the morning and walking about 45 minutes our neighborhood has lots of hills so that helps a great deal.

This is an area I need to get better in because I know if I added a workout everyday into my daily routine it would help wonders!!!!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Really busy week here, I didnt have time to go to gym this week. Tomorrow is by bday, I probably won't have time to log onto MFP so I will do my log in today. No real weight loss this week.

Weight 8/10 - 165
    Goal- - 130
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is by bday, I probably won't have time to log onto MFP so I will do my log in today.

Happy birthday huni! :) xx

Hope ur all ready for weigh in tomorrow, good luck everyone x
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Really busy week here, I didnt have time to go to gym this week. Tomorrow is by bday, I probably won't have time to log onto MFP so I will do my log in today. No real weight loss this week.

Weight 8/10 - 165
    Goal- - 130

Happy birthday!! =)
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Name: Dee
    Three words that describe you: funny, artistic and loved
    Family situation: Divorced, two kids: son-27, daughter-18 and the love of my life-granddaughter-7
    Why do you want to lose weight?: To look better, feel better and be healthier. I've got a lot of living left to do!
    Have you tried losing weight before?:Yes. Off and on the last 10 years or so.
    Current Weight: 188
    How much you want to lose:50 lbs
    What is your top tip for everyone out there?: Take advantage of your support system and keep going even if you falter.
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Weight 8/10 - 165
    Goal- - 130

Happy birthday!!!!
  • nomnomgal
    Options
    Do we have a separate weigh-in thread?
  • audram420
    Options
    Not sure if we have a seperate thread...maybe we should?!?! Today's weight for me is 165.0 whoohoo!!

8/4/11 : 166.8
    8/11/11 : 165.0
  • Tlkt1969
    Tlkt1969 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Erica!!!!

Weighed in this morning did not lose but did not gain . . . this has been a bad week I know it is all stress. I move my son to college this Saturday and I have been all out of whack :-(

Next week will be better.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Official weigh in!

8/4/11: 144
    8/11/11: 141.5 (not entirely happy with this number as i've been hovering here all week and peeked yesterday after the gym and saw 139.5...got myself excited thinking I made my first goal...but nope. lol)
  • audram420
    Options
    congrats to the weight losses so far!! Keep it up girls!
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    8/4 - 176.6
    8/11 - 175.0

I'm happy with that! :) Sorry I'm not on here more; it's been an extremely busy week and the kids have been super cranky this week, too.
    Took a walk to the PO this morning and walked for about 25 mins total with the kids. I've been slacking a bit this week and my eating habits have been a bit questionable... Really hoping I can get myself back on track better by next week when things (should) calm down a bit. Congrats to everyone on the weight losses! Keep up the great work!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm with Audra, we should start a new thread to weigh in this week since we are already at 5 pages over here. Those of you who have already chimed in with your weight, would you mind coming over to the new thread I am about to create for this week? I will link you to it momentarily. (I hope you don't mind Ellen! I know you are on holiday!)
    ~Em

ok, here it is!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/314551-slender-sisters-week-2-closed-group
  • asiavenetia
    asiavenetia Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Weight 8/10 - 165
    Goal- - 130

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    Bummed of no weight loss yet, but happy no weight gain !!!!

I cant seem to lose anything. :(
  • Ambie213
    Ambie213 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    176.6 (8/3)
    175 (8/11)
    174.6 (8/18)

174.6 is actually up a little bit from my Sunday weigh-in which was at 174.4.... Hope it goes back down!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    heeeellllo Ladies!

I am just bumping this thread because we are onto week 5 and only have about 5 active members now...we would love to have some of you chime in on our group again!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/329944-slender-sisters-week-5-closed