Do you wear you wedding ring to the gym?

Options

Replies

• goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    After 24 years... I'd feel naked without it!:smile:
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I wear mine, but don't do heavy lifting. I can see why men remove theirs when lifting. Depending on what your ring is made of - you could lose a finger. Especially if it's those new metals - titanium and others - can not be cut off if something were to go wrong, even the jewelers pointed this out - because my husband is active. I told my husband not to get one of those - even slamming your finger by accident could mean bye bye finger. No thanks.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Holy thread resurrection.

Rarely wear one -- ever. Uncomfortable (especially at the gym) and not my thing. The wife could care less. She only wears hers on occasion.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    No...but I don't go to a gym! :wink:
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Nope. My fingers swell up when I do cardio and it hurts me when I lift to have that band pinching and rubbing.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I wear my wedding ring because it's a simple band with a brushed finish so it doesn't get in the way or get scratched.

I never wear my engagement ring to the gym, though. It's too pretty and I don't want to scratch it up, plus it doesn't fit as comfortably so it just gets in the way and gets either too loose or too tight and makes me annoyed the whole time.

I don't see the point in wearing jewelry to the gym that's uncomfortable, unless it's just being left at home to be able to mack on chicks/dudes it shouldn't be an issue.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No, I am in and out, and Mrs Clerici is keeping a close eye from the elliptical - ready to pounce!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I do wear my rings to the gym (I have three: my wedding ring which is not too big for me and have had to move it to my middle finger of my left hand until I get it re-sized; my puzzle ring which I wear on the ring finger of my right hand and my nan's wedding ring which hangs on a chain round my neck). I've never found it uncomfortable to use any of the machines and haven't noticed any scratching on them either.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    yes I wear mine but it really is a religious thing between my Husband and I and thats why I wear it. I believe it is a binding symbol of our love and commitment to each other and God... Like I said these are our own personal beliefs and I dont care what other people choose because that's their right to their own personal decision. I know that it gets scratched and pinches but I look at it as just another milestone thru my married life that shows itself on my ring. FYI~ hubby wears his to the gym also
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Yes. The "how you durrrins" get too crazy without it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Jammed my finger kickboxing and now it won't go over the knuckle. DW says I'm making an excuse :laugh: (she was the one that jammed it too).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    Neither me or my husband wear ours at the gym. The last thing we need to worry about is losing our rings while we are sweating up a storm! I love doing BodyPump & I think it would irritate me to wear it. Plus, we don't need a ring to know we are married. Everybody there knows we are married with 2 kids.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I've lost enough weight now that it doesnt fit well. Add sweat & it might be lost.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I never ever take mine off no matter what. Hubby took his off for work and lost it so he had to get another one and he doesn't take this one off.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I wore mine everyday until it fell off in the pool and i had to search for it for over an hour. Actually it was my first NSV lol
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I usually just wear my wedding band, and leave my engagement ring at home as it is larger than my band :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Thread_Necromancy_3038.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Still got it! Got asked to dinner by member who just started taking my classes. Told her I was married and she sighed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I wear the 2 rings my man has got me on my wedding finger, although they're not wedding rings (just for effect)
    And I have my necklace on show - he has one matching.
    :smile:
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Meh, just buy a tshirt that says Married haha