I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    bumping to read later!
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump for bra size
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks! Had no idea my underbust was only 32. VS had me in as a 36DD... Guess I'm a 32DDD! I hope they shrink!

Where to buy something like that?
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    umm i may try this size on just to see but I don't think i'm a 34d just yet i'm wearing a 36 d and my boobs are falling out of it. id be pretty depressed if i was this cup right now as i've still got a fair bit of weight to lose and have always had big boobs! I guess i'll have to live with it it's not the end of the world!
  • kateschneider
    kateschneider Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing a 38D rather comfortably and this puts me at a 36DDD... I tried on some 36s a few weeks ago and found them chafy. Maybe with the bigger cup size? Will have to try next time I'm at the mall.
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If this is right, I'm back down to a 36C. I haven't been that in about 4 years and it's been my goal to get back down to that (I was up to a 36DD in 2009).
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I thought you were gonna post a picture of my hands.

My bad.
  • Amazon135
    Amazon135 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always buy my bras and panties at Lane Bryant/Cacique. They carry a good assortment of sizes and associates are taught to size people properly.

I have boycotted Victoria Secret stores for a long time (been in one, once in 10 yrs). Ever since I went in for an employment app and manager said she'd check if she had any, came back saying she was out, and a thin girl came in right behind me and she gave her one...right in front of me....

I love, love, love Lane Bryant bras - they are the only ones that properly fit me (and I have tried EVERYWHERE - even Nordies). My girls have always been big, so after ~20 years they point down and out - it takes a miracle to hold them where they belong. So far only the LB Balconette bras really do the trick. I know lots of ladies that won't wear anything else.

This is my second time on the weight loss trek. I went from a size 22 to an 8 a couple of years ago (now back to a 14 - going on 16 if I don't get it in gear), but one of the only drawbacks to losing the weight was that my band size almost got too small for LB. One more size and the Cacique bras wouldn't have fit me anymore - I already had to order them from the website b/c they didn't have the smaller band sizes in store (they don't go below 36). I was sweating bullets!!
  • sitterpatsy
    sitterpatsy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vic's secret sucked for me. They put me in styrafoam cups that stuck out like card board, and a thin band so my fat lapped over! Oh it was a mess. My MAIN concern with a bra is that THE STRAPS DON'T FALL DOWN!!! How I long for a bra that fits. !
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If this thread has taught me one thing it is to avoid the Victoria Secrets store due to open in Westfield Stratford.

Just ordered some new bras from Figleaves.com and they have a 20% off promotion on all bras, just type TWENTY in the promotion box and it recalculates the price for you :bigsmile:
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If this correct, then the ladies at VS and Nordstrom don't know how to measure properly.
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump yeay finally I will learn something abou bras :love:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I just bought 36C's that I am comfy in and feel okay, this lil calculator makes me 36DD bazonkas not possible the girls would be swinging around in those hammocks lol!!!
  • Amazon135
    Options
    Vic's secret sucked for me. They put me in styrafoam cups that stuck out like card board, and a thin band so my fat lapped over! Oh it was a mess. My MAIN concern with a bra is that THE STRAPS DON'T FALL DOWN!!! How I long for a bra that fits. !

Vicky's Secret is that she sucks at making bras! Never, ever...... seriously - not ever!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Haha what?! It says I'm a 28G. Does that size even exist anywhere? I thought I was a 32D, and that size is almost impossible to find!
    Bravissimo do loads in 28FF, which is pretty close.

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/search/#/1?criteria=28g&show=16&sort=1&back=28&cup=ff&category=lingerie
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I hate victorias secret. To them, a 34dd and a 34d are the same size, which left me with ill-fitting bras. I really wish they made bikinis that fit larger boobs with support offline as well
  • dottheyes30
    dottheyes30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My friends job is to measure you and tell you what size bra you wear...she works at Macys. You measure yourself UNDER your breast not across the cups. Say its 36 inches...Then you measure across your chest in the middle of your breast. Say it's 40 then you wear a 36D. Every inch is a cup size. Hope this helps because I know it has helped alot of people in the past.
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to check this out. I am a 38DD and have always been but I am not sure something else wouldn't fit better.
  • Amazon135
    Options
    I am going to have to check this out. I am a 38DD and have always been but I am not sure something else wouldn't fit better.

After losing 100 lbs on my last weight loss journey (and gaining 45 back) - I can tell you from experience that losing 32 lbs (congratulations!!) will almost definitely have shifted your bra size.

I had lost 50 lbs before one of my friends noticed and dragged me in for a fitting on the spot.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This is one I definitely need to read thoroughly later.