I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    VS gave me a 36DDD. Wonder if that's wrong?
  • Iwillblossom
    Iwillblossom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a new bra with the size this gave me 40 DD and it fit way better than the size I was using before 38D. I think I am finally wearing the correct bra size! It's amazing what a correct size bra can do! :smile:
  • emily406
    emily406 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i hate victoria's secret so so so bad. i'm usually a 32ddd, they sized me at 36b and then looked at me like *i* was the idiot that picked out a bra that caused severe quadraboob overflow, side boob spillage, underboob flop, and all sorts of misplaced boobiness. if you ever actually watch them do their "sizing" they measure ABOVE where your boobs are, and i always wondered why the hell would they do that? i don't wear my bras up by my collarbone so why do they measure that part? i've found that frederick's of hollywood has some bras that fit me, but the best i can find at VS is 34dd which "sort of" fits some of the time. sucks because their bras are so cute.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I need to read this later.
  • candctaber
    Options
    Will have to check into this
  • JennWeighZen
    JennWeighZen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump... bra shopping is a version of hell for me
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you,thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • mdorsey2010
    Options
    Holy crap it says I'm a 34G....I've been wearing 36DD's:noway:
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    You had me at "32DDD"...
  • melb2003
    Options
    bump
  • Jezzabelly
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    That said I am a 36DD.... I'm a 36 C.....This is complicated.

That site seems too simple, only needing the bottom and the top?

I don't know...
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I knew I had, um, shrinkage because it seems like my bras have gotten super loose just recently, but this bra calculator proved it. Have gone from 40DD to 36DD. Can't wait to go to a store and try some 36s on! (I feel like I did lose some cup too so maybe I was supposed to be a DDD before)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I can never find cheaper bras that come in my size. I'm a 32 either D or DD, and shops only seem to to 32C's.

I asked a lady in H&M today if they do 32 D's or DD's and she said she wasn't sure. As we were looking I explained that I'd gone from a 30E to a 34DD and now I'm inbetween back sizes. She discovered they didn't do 32D's, and so asked if I would like to try a 34D instead.

Erm, what?! :grumble: I just explained that a 34 is too big on me now. She was clearly just trying to sell me anything she could!
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This isn't as accurate as I would have hoped for.

I entered in my measurements, and it gave me 34DD which is what I'm currently wearing. It's miles too big around the back and is therefore giving me NO support. I constantly readjust myself throughout the day.

My back measures 32", so it makes zero sense to get anything bigger.

1) Measure your back in inches. That's your back size. If it's an odd number, try the size either side.
    2) Try different sizes in the shop. You can get fitted in a lot of shops. If you're smaller, try a B. Medium sized? Try a C. Bigger? Try a D. Big? Try an E... etc.

It's not rocket science to get your bra size right, and I'm unsure why so many women are wearing the wrong sizes. Apparantly 75% of the female population wear the wrong size bra, and aren't getting the right support.

No support = bad for your breast tissues and you shall no doubt end up with them facing south!
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump to try later!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    It didn't work for me. I measured 33 around the back and 41 1/2 thru the fullest part. It said a 34G. I couldn't get the 34 to hook around me and they did not have any G's. I found a 36G but the cups were too big. 38D fits perfectly. That's what I buy.