I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have had the same exact problem with VS!!!! Thank you for this, I will definitely try it out later.
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I'll have to look at it when I get home...
  • braggsalot
    braggsalot Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to go try on a the size of bra it says. I am wearing a 38DD right now but this says I should be wearing a 38G no way do I think that will fit. I would be swimming in the cups.
  • drcain
    drcain Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bumping to try this later at home
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It's telling me a 44H. I wear sports bras exclusively because underwire (plastic or otherwise) irritates my underarms and my under-boobs. I currently have on a 42D sports bra and it fits perfectly and gives me a great amount of support (though if I do enough jumping jacks or try to jog, they have this thing with just popping out). I have no issues with back pain whatsoever. So I'm PRETTY sure this thing isn't accurate. If i went to say, walmart tonight and founda 44h bra, i'd have to try it on just to prove it's not right. and my measurements were done as recently as two days ago.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Question about bust measurement -- I get how to measure my rib cage, but what about the actual bust? Mine grew in kind of southward, so if I'm not wearing a bra there's not really much difference in measurement, but I worry that if I'm wearing a bra that doesn't fit right, that will give me the wrong measurement as well. Advice?

You might want to consider measuring while wearing a bra or something that supports them while not compressing them into your chest (a sports bra would likely compress them). It might not be quite as accurate (especially if you don't have something thin to do that with, or if your bras don't fit right), but it will give you a starting point and you can play with cup sizes until you find the size that fits.

Mine go south too. (Approaching 40 and nursed two babies) I had my husband help me measure. Seriously, he did a good job. (once he got the "teenager sillies" out of his system)

This calculator has me in a 40DD, and I have been wearing a 46C. I might head to K-mart on payday. I think they carry DD sizes.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kkeys
    kkeys Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    28K?!
    What the cabbage?!!?!
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the entire thread since its way too long but here's a question for breastfeeding moms. Where can i get good underwire nursing bra for larger cup sizes
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ThePilotsGirl
    ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I remember once when I was teenager and went to Victoria Secret Swimwear, I had just lost a bunch of weight and wanted to get a bikini. I was like a 38 C, this crazy bee in the store tells me I'm an A and hands me a triangle top and insists I put it on... I told her she was crazy, but put it on.... it didn't even cover my nipples, but I showed her! LOLOL
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    bump - i'm at work too ;)
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later
  • kmarie5995
    Options
    All you ladies saying you wear a 34C and don't believe you could be a 30DD- it's a sister size! 34C is the same cup volume as 32D and 30DD and 28E, and so on. A 28D is the same cup volume as a 32B or 34A. Basically, if you're really skinny and have small boobs, you're probably a 28C or 28D and not a 34A. I used to wear a 32D, then a 34D then a 32DD, now I'm in my proper size of 28G and it is SO much better. My measurements are 26' ribcage and 34/35' bust. You know how you get back fat when the band is too tight? It's actually from the cups being too small, believe me. You can push the fat into the bra when it's the right size. It's your breast tissue escaping.
    I highly recommend this guide: http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/rh26h/is_getting_fitted_for_a_bra_as_humiliating_as_it/c469bi0

It is posted by the user 'MyWifeIsBusty'. The bra calculator he posted is also very good. Try it out!
  • ClareWantsProgress
    Options
    So all that being said, where does one FIND these sizes in middle America? I've certainly never seen them in Penney's, Sears, Kohl's, etc., and can't afford $50 underwear from some online specialty shop.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i spend the extra money and go to specialty stores we have one near where i live that goes from aaa all the way up to k (im somewhere around a 36h to a 38g)
  • dinoskycm
    Options
    bump