I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    So I'm a 30DD?! I usually wear a 34B....I don't know if I believe that
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post :)

UK ladies - I find Bravissimo to be really good for fittings, I used to wear a 38DD and ended up in a 34F! No more 4-boob syndrome for me! Slightly pricier than other shops but worth it - also Peacocks sell larger cups cheaper but haven't seen larger than F's, couldn't find a 36F last time I was there but worth checking out.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    well I'm certainty not a DD.. so this has to be wrong.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    well I'm certainty not a DD.. so this has to be wrong.

They are always wrong for somebody.

The problem is that they don't take body composition into consideration. Muscle weighs more than fat. Until people apply that fact to their calculators, they will always be wrong.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    It got mine right.

ETA: I was measured at a specialty shop. The site got the same size.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    Btw over 85% of women wear the wrong size bra. So some of you ladies who are saying the calculator is wrong, maybe it is just the size you've been wearing has been wrong.

Though ofcourse this site would not be 100% accurate either.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

If you have a larger bust size (like me)--whenever you go down and inch or two in bust size, you wanna know how to calculate your new bra size, but! Company's like Victoria's Secret and others try to put you in HUGE band sizes with small cups...GRRR...you get spill over and saggy boobs, sport's bras that make people yell, "get a bra!" at you when you go running (I kid you not! This happened to me when I was wearing TWO sports bras at once (crappy kind I don't buy anymore that they sell in the sportswear section)). Until that one golden day when you go to a proper bra fitter and they say something like, "Oh no honey! You are NOT at 38DD, you are a 34DDDD!" OMG...seriously...Vic's Secret was shoving me into bras they sold in their store (cups only go to DD there) and because that's how they were taught to size...Sad! For me this wonderful place was the Seattle Flagship Nordstrom (Oh ligurie dept. you really do have my size and care about my fit!)--I swear it nearly made me cry.

Anyhow! I'm lost a few inches since then, been resized and am a 32DDD (yay!). I found this fit calculator that does NOT add 4 inches to your band size when sizing--so the cups are accurate!

http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/

Website is completely random, but this fitter works great. Underbust and Over bust are all you need. :) Happy hunting ladies!

I THINK I LOVE YOU!!! I WAS STUFFED INTO A SIZE THAT WAS THREE SIZES TOO SMALL!!!
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret works great for me. In fact, every where else I've tried, I always have to rearrange and none of the sizes fit right. At victoria secret, I know my size and I've never once had a problem. I no longer have to worry about adjusting, fixing or fidgeting with it. So maybe bra's fit differently for everyone. All I know is I refuse to buy a bra anywhere else.
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • babickler
    Options
    bump
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    It was wrong for me. It said 32D and that was WAY too small for me. I had to get a 36B.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Oh, I got a dohikey from Playtex or something one time, free in the mail...it measures the same thing, your rib cage and your bust and then it tells you based on the measurements what size you wear...I've never had a problem since...okay until I lost 35 lbs and dropped a size. but actually I got lucky and only lost inches in the band and the cup stayed the same. I just went down in band size and yeah, VS bras work for me, just not Demi bras...those work in no size for me. Guess my boobs aren't the right shape...but it doesn't matter, there's plenty of other sexy bras that do work and my honey loves 'em. :blushing:
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    bump
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    oh honey THANK YOU!! VS had me in a 36B and I hit Nordstroms and found out I'm 34C. My boobs don't fly around and I dnt have one pop out the top anymore....It was a miracle....
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Excuse me if this was already mentioned but a GREAT website for all bras/bathing suits/under garments is herroom.com I order my bras from there, I've ordered bathing suits from there. I also ordered shapewear for a wedding. I highly recommend them, lots of great options for ALL sizes.

eta - looks like they have work out gear now, too.
  • ThePilotsGirl
    ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I;m so confused, can somebody help me?? This link says I am a 42i. On this other site http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php it says I am a 46DD... which one is correct? I'm about to go spend a crap load of money on an Enell running bra and it would be helpful to know my true size lol/ so confusing! It seems like everyone has their own sizes...

and according to enell I'm a 46DD as well... where the hell would an i fit me?
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!!! I'm having a hard time believing I'm a 30DD!!!! I've been wearing 32C....I just don't picture DD and me...hmmm maybe it's time to go bra trying on!
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Options
    I;m so confused, can somebody help me?? This link says I am a 42i. On this other site http://www.85b.org/bra_calc.php it says I am a 46DD... which one is correct? I'm about to go spend a crap load of money on an Enell running bra and it would be helpful to know my true size lol/ so confusing! It seems like everyone has their own sizes...

and according to enell I'm a 46DD as well... where the hell would an i fit me?

Go with the one the OP suggested. But use that as a starting point. I just tried my size on the site you mentioned and it put me at a 36D ... Im a 34G. Ive been professionally measured at a specialty store, and the site the OP suggested gave me 34G too.
    I think some sites are very inaccurate when it comes to the larger cup sizes.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Haha, oh Victoria's Secret, how misguided thou art. I have always been either a 34 D and a 34 DD, and one time in highschool I went to Victoria's Secret to get my size. Up until that point I'd only kinda guessed what the right bra was for me. The lady told me I was a B! A friggin B! I was like...uh, yeah maybe you're not noticing al the spillage this bra is making me do! Haha :)