I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Accurate for me.

I was wearing the wrong size until getting fitted at Nordstroms. They put me in a bigger cup size and it made me look and feel so much better. I was buying minimizers and was in true pain before finding my right size.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I find that most of the main chains aren't very good at keeping the bigger cup sizes, particularly if you have a relatively smaller back size. On the high street, I've found that old-fashioned department stores are the best. Online, I have used Bravissimo (who allow exchanges so are great for fitting), but it's usually cheaper to buy from Ebay once you're sure about your bra size and what makes fit well.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    This one has me one cup size smaller than my current one, the current one that I'm almost spilling out of. Not wrong? I'd be half in & half out of a C cup..... I'm a D at the moment.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    This one has me one cup size smaller than my current one, the current one that I'm almost spilling out of. Not wrong? I'd be half in & half out of a C cup..... I'm a D at the moment.

Did it change your band size though? A 34 D would be smaller cup than a 40 D.
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    mine says 36DDD.. sighs that is a hard bra to find in most general stores...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Did it change your band size though? A 34 D would be smaller cup than a 40 D.

Nope, still had me at the same band size. Just a smaller cup.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ahahaha. This is certainly wrong for me, but then again so is every bra size calculator.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    There is also a really cool website called Bratabase (lol) where you can enter bras that currently fit and it will predict other styles for you- I ordered 4 and received 2 so far and one fits great- MUCH better than my usual ordering odds (my size is seldom in stores to try on).
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Bratabase looks great! Thanks very much for the recommendation!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    ACCORDING TO THIS I SHOULD BE WEARING A 38G!!!!!!!!!!! No way. I'd love to delude myself into believing I'm that well endowed but I'm just not.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    ACCORDING TO THIS I SHOULD BE WEARING A 38G!!!!!!!!!!! No way. I'd love to delude myself into believing I'm that well endowed but I'm just not.

Um...Ashesfromfire--your pic is of you in a bikini or something, and yeah, you're well-endowed. I'm not sure what your standards are. What bra are you in now?
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrookeBQ
    BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wear a 36B and it tells me to wear a 30DDD?? :/ Can't be true, I got sized as a 34C.
  • srobinson84
    srobinson84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This has me at a 32G....ummm, I just got fitted and I'm a 34DD. Hmmmmm
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options

Um...Ashesfromfire--your pic is of you in a bikini or something, and yeah, you're well-endowed. I'm not sure what your standards are. What bra are you in now?

I'm wearing a 38DD but I know that's not the right size anymore since I've dropped 40 pounds, my band size has shrunk to a 36
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SharonNick31
    SharonNick31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 34 H and I am naturally big busted. I looked EVERYWHERE for a the right size bra! Victoria Secrets tried every size and they could not find my size. I finally found one online that fits better than any other bra, at Gorsenia I think it's called. I was always wearing a DD or DDD but was still falling out of it! Now I'm happy :)
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    YES!! One of my biggest pet peeves!

Anytime I would go to VS and they were out of a bra in 32DD, they would try to shove a 34D on me. Listen, guys, 32 barely fit me on the tightest hook as it was, a 34! HAH! You think boobs hold themselves up?! They need proper support and it should come from the band not the straps!!!

Well, now I lost weight and am more of a 30DD or even 28 depending on the brand.

RIP my wallet. Impossible to find a bra in my size that doesn’t cost $70, and a sports bra? Forget about it!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ahhh... calculators never work for me. I measure 28 under, 32-33 over, and usually wear a 32C. I have one 30D, but it is tight and uncomfortable. According to calculators, I'd be a 28D or 30B-C, if you do the "add 4" I'd be a 32A. But I'm not...and VS does not just cater to the smaller ladies, they don't carry anything smaller than 32 band, and even that is hard to find. It just depends on brand and style, just like any other piece of clothing.