I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    OK, looks we're all on the same page!!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I tried it, it said I was a 34H. I've tried on 34s in the store but they're always too small, so I end up with a 36 or 38. If I wear too small a band size my back and underarm fat surround it and look awful. Where do you find an H? I've never seen anything higher than a DDD and even those are hard to find when you drop bellow a 40 band.
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i love it, a while ago when I weighed a bit less I had measurements of a 29 underbust and a 32 round the middle and all the calculators I was trying kept telling me I was something like an 34a
    and I knew by looking at my boobs I was not a 34a but this one gave me a 30C for those measurements which seemed much more like what I was.
    I can't wait to be back in that bra size.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Question about bust measurement -- I get how to measure my rib cage, but what about the actual bust? Mine grew in kind of southward, so if I'm not wearing a bra there's not really much difference in measurement, but I worry that if I'm wearing a bra that doesn't fit right, that will give me the wrong measurement as well. Advice?

You might want to consider measuring while wearing a bra or something that supports them while not compressing them into your chest (a sports bra would likely compress them). It might not be quite as accurate (especially if you don't have something thin to do that with, or if your bras don't fit right), but it will give you a starting point and you can play with cup sizes until you find the size that fits.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    AJ try measuring while wearing a push up, or I've had good results laying down and measuring (so the flesh spills to the sides instead of down. I can't remember the link, but one calculator I tried measured how much support you needed for droop by how many pencils your tissue could hold under your breast (sadly I had 3 or 4 I think...thanks for that genetic downfall mom!). So I understand the support issue

Honestly, you can measure without a bra on it's just a little harder...just make sure you measure around the back and then across the center of your nipples and you should at least be in the ball park.

The tighter band might be a little uncomfortable for a few days, but you'll get used to it--tough it out, it's worth it for the support! And! A good bra can make you look thinner--'cause the girls are finally where they're supposed to be! Yay!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers about the bust size. :) I appreciate it! I just did some measuring and my rib cage is 32, but it gave me a band size of 34. Didn't we just discuss that your rib size is the band size?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I tried it, it said I was a 34H. I've tried on 34s in the store but they're always too small, so I end up with a 36 or 38. If I wear too small a band size my back and underarm fat surround it and look awful. Where do you find an H? I've never seen anything higher than a DDD and even those are hard to find when you drop bellow a 40 band.

Check out stores that stock clothing that range from petite to plus size, such as Fashion Bug or Layne Bryant.

If you still can't find any in brick and mortar stores, check out the Internet. I just did a quick search for "34H bra" and it found a number of retailers that stock TONS of stuff in that size.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this - and I had to laugh because my right-pane advertisement is for Victoria's Secret. LOL
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If it was higher then 32 (like 32.75) or something, it would round to 33 and because that's odd it would then round up to 34. When you go to the store see if you fit at 32 or a 34 band and adjust cup size up or down accordingly. :) This is just a tool to try and get you in the right ballpark, different brands will fit a little different so you still need to try on. But I hope it helps some.

Someone asked where to get an H. Nordstrom (not "the rack," but the store itself), there are a lot of small boutique stores that specialize--in Seattle, Zovo is great, Macy's is a crap shoot (they may have a bra, but you won't find a person to help you), online http://www.biggerbras.com/m-large-cup-bras.shtml is pretty awesome. Also good for shirts and dresses: http://www.hourglassy.com/2010/01/bustin-out-blouses-at-aj-rumina.html
    and if you like retro clothes at all, the 40s and 50s were MADE for us larger busted ladies (esp. if you've slimmed down to an hourglass or pear shape at all) http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/.

Happy hunting!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Try Freshpair.com, Figleaves.com, and BareNecesseties.com for larger size bras.
  • Peruminicana86
    Options
    Bump
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bump for later when I'm not at work :) Thanks!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    So I was very careful to measure correctly... and I am a 38A.

Be proud, no matter your size. We love all boobies, big or small.

I can't wait to get home and see what size I should be wearing.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    The method of adding 4 inches does not work for me, way too loose round the back if I do. I have a hard job finding a bra no matter what method i use, I measure (on that site) as a 38FF but F cups are too far round my ribs...my boobs start closer to the front not the sides IYKWIM. I usually find a bra that fits on the boobs and then modify the back (M&S are my best bet for bras that fit straight off the rail)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bumping so girls on my friend list see it
  • NicoleRN2013
    NicoleRN2013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!!!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    bumping so girls on my friend list see it

cos your so sweet x
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    So I was very careful to measure correctly... and I am a 38A.

LMAO!
  • christina3323
    Options
    Chest numb