I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CandyJ9
    CandyJ9 Posts: 38
    Options
    Totally tripping out on this. According to the measurements I put in, I'm a 34C. Which is weird because I know I've NEVER worn a C. But the band size is also smaller than usual so this seems to hold true to what everyone else is saying. Super curious to go try on a bra in this size and see what happens.

Also curious to try again when I get down to my goal weight. I have a feeling I was more like a B when I thought I was an A.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i dont think its right, or i put the measurements in wrong. it says i was a DDD not likely my DD on the one side. but now way DDD.
    i can guarrentee you my right side would be swimming
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    thanks for this! i used to wear a 36DD and my bust has shrunk a ton. (boy do i miss those girls!) i measured 31 and 36, respectively which put me at a 32DD. i have been wearing a 34D which seems fine, but it is nice to know what size i really am.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Been wearing a 36C forever, then had to go to a 34D because the band got too loose, which is working ok. This says I'm a 32DD. That sounds like a stripper size! ::drinker:

Be interested if I can get a 32 around them, but I'll give it a shot. MIght make my shirts look better!

haha, we are boob twins. :D
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Bra sizing confuses me! I did the calculator you posted and got 34DD. I've been wearing my old bra that is 40C and yes, the thing fits horribly! I was wearing it 32 pounds ago so obviously I'm in need of a new bra.

Out of curiosity I did a little searching and tried other calculators. I kept getting 38A, AA, or even AAA! I don't think I've worn an A cup since I first hit puberty! And AAA?! Even duct taping them down first that wouldn't work!

In my dresser I have old bras that I pulled out and tried on out of curiosity. Most of these were a 38" band with C cups. Now you would think that since the band was correct the C cup would have been HUGE since those other calculators told me I need some variation of an A but my cup runneth over in every single bra! Badly!

It seems like the bra calculator OP posted is more realistic for me but until I go shopping I won't know for sure. I do appreciate having a starting point though! It just seems so strange to measure under your bust then have to add 4-5"! No wonder my bras never feel right. :/
  • cmonsterr
    cmonsterr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • climbingpanda
    climbingpanda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A decent bra fitter will not get a measuring tape out. Honestly. I go to Rigby and Peller regularly for special underwear and use bravissimo (http://www.bravissimo.com/) for day to day bras, swimwear and pretty fitted clothes (though M&S are finally starting to stock some bras in my size!).

For years UK department stores (I'm looking at you Marks and Spencers, John Lewis and Debenhams) kept on telling me that I was a 38/40 DD. After a trip to Bravissimo (and then Rigby and Peller because I couldn't believe that they said) I actually wear a 28GG and you would not believe the difference that this makes. Less back ache, a better shape and no unsightly bulges!

Unfortunately my boobs don't seem to change size, so I can be a UK8 or a UK16 and they're still the same. I wish I managed to lose boob when I drop weight!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    So I am not well endowed, but I tried the calculator anyway to see if I was wearing the right size.

Maybe I will try measuring again when I am wearing a decent fitting bra...it says that I am a 34B. I do have some questions about that which may be the same as above, if they are forgive me, lol.

I measured 32 as the underbust. I was under the impression that this was my band size, but the calculator says 34. It's not 23 point anything...just 32.

And I just don't see how I can be a B cup. I am tiny. VERY tiny. The last time I wore a B cup was before I lost a lot of weight, when my butt was wearing a size 18 and 20. They've reduced since then.

Maybe I should just re-measure later when I am wearing a decent fitting bra. I tried to do it without clothes on since, well, being so tiny an' all, I don't have ANY issues with the flesh moving around at all when I measure without clothes on. :blushing:
  • wildflower003
    Options
    bump
  • wildflower003
    Options
    bump
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Bump for possible answers to my questions. :flowerforyou:
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this out! I'm so tired of buying bras that never fit right! Thanks for the info!
  • niste_ketlin
    Options
    Bump for later! :-)
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    So just tried this...I currently purchase a 36C. Calculator says I'm a 34DD. Don't know how that is humanly possible...I am NOT that well endowed and in some 36C's, my girls have PLENTY of room.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Hm, I just measure my band size, then the bust, and do the subtraction. . . and then I just go and let some lady in a dressing room tell me what to wear. ;)
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hooray - the site says I am properly fitted :)

I really hate lingerie store people so generally try to avoid letting them measure me... But the last time I did get fiited I was told I was a 12DD. I bought one bra from her but have found it kind of uncomfortable. Today the site says 14C and this is what I am usually wearing and feel most comfy in, so I will stick with it.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    most people are wearing too small a cup and too large a band.
    Youre not supposed to add 4 or 5 to the band size anymore as it doesnt give good enough support.

your rib cage measurement IS your band size, or round it up one to make it the nearest even number, then measure round the fullest part of your bust, and subtract the difference.
    For each inch difference its one cup size. This is how most modern bras fit now, and its soooooo much more comfortable and supportive when you get the right size.

Of course its still better to try them on too because different bras fit differently
    thanks!

Also thanks to the OP.