I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

If you have a larger bust size (like me)--whenever you go down and inch or two in bust size, you wanna know how to calculate your new bra size, but! Company's like Victoria's Secret and others try to put you in HUGE band sizes with small cups...GRRR...you get spill over and saggy boobs, sport's bras that make people yell, "get a bra!" at you when you go running (I kid you not! This happened to me when I was wearing TWO sports bras at once (crappy kind I don't buy anymore that they sell in the sportswear section)). Until that one golden day when you go to a proper bra fitter and they say something like, "Oh no honey! You are NOT at 38DD, you are a 34DDDD!" OMG...seriously...Vic's Secret was shoving me into bras they sold in their store (cups only go to DD there) and because that's how they were taught to size...Sad! For me this wonderful place was the Seattle Flagship Nordstrom (Oh ligurie dept. you really do have my size and care about my fit!)--I swear it nearly made me cry.

Anyhow! I'm lost a few inches since then, been resized and am a 32DDD (yay!). I found this fit calculator that does NOT add 4 inches to your band size when sizing--so the cups are accurate!

http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/

Website is completely random, but this fitter works great. Underbust and Over bust are all you need. :) Happy hunting ladies!

I live in the Seattle area and Nordstrom is the only place my mom (36JJ) can find bras. They're $86 a pop, but it's not like she has a choice.

It's not just the flagship store though. All of the Nordstroms around here do the fittings and carry her size, so it may be offered at all of their stores nationwide.
  • Peekadoo
    Peekadoo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump to measure later!!
  • pinkchrome
    pinkchrome Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump for later.. thanks!
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I used to be a 42 DD, and according to this I'm a 36 D!! Maybe that's why my girls are always falling out and saying hello...
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • Lauren_Whitney
    Lauren_Whitney Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Haha what?! It says I'm a 28G. Does that size even exist anywhere? I thought I was a 32D, and that size is almost impossible to find!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Been wearing a 36C forever, then had to go to a 34D because the band got too loose, which is working ok. This says I'm a 32DD. That sounds like a stripper size! ::drinker:

Be interested if I can get a 32 around them, but I'll give it a shot. MIght make my shirts look better!
  • Yessikalee
    Options
    Okay, Victoria's secret truly isn't wrong. If you look at a 34dd and a 36d in any store, they're the same size. They're sister sizes. Those stores that tell you that you're a 28fff are telling you that so that they can make you buy "specialty bra's" because you have such a 'unique' size. Its a load of crap. I'm sorry, but just compare them yourself. If you pick up a 32C and a 38C there's an OBVIOUS difference in cup size. Different styled bras are going to fit differently. Just like in jeans, every style isn't going to fit your shape. You just have to find the right style. Think about it.
  • Cinnamonie
    Cinnamonie Posts: 138
    Options
    Yes, I totally agree that the VS sizers are all off! I got sized at Intimacy (saw it on the What not to wear shows) and what they gave me feels better, fits better, and requires NO measuring! Yes their bras are pricey but I ended up going during a sale and once I know my size I get them online now for cheaper.

Here's how they do it: Go as TIGHT as you can on the LARGEST clip setting on the bra (you want to be able to tighten it as it loosens up) for the band. Then go up in the cup until it fits. Remember, tightest band, then up in cup. It really works. Unfortunately with this method I am a 34G/36F (at this weight! I never would have thought) so it really doesn't make finding bras easy but I got home and immediately gave all my bras to my sister, and will never go back! Plus intimacy has a lifetime warranty on their bras for alterations if you lose weight or if it stretches out. Also, don't dry them in the dryer, ever! I always had the underwires coming out until I realized that.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    not sure about it's sizing... I'm definitely not a D cup, my girls swim in a C cup
    People have this idea that a D cup is huge, but if you get a smaller band size, the cup size also goes down. For example, the cups of a 32D are way smaller than the cups of a 40D. A 32D has the same size cups as a 34C or a 36B.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Always wear a 42 DD, but it doesnt seem right, but this said i was a 44J... really???????? Not sure about that!
  • mommymeyersto2
    mommymeyersto2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow...after 2 babies in 3 years I "thought" I was a 38D but apparently I need to go try on some 36DD bras! Crazy!
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    So this is interesting...I tried 2 different online calculators today, using the exact same measurements. One told me I was a 36DD, while the other told me I was a 38A! Really? Even with the change in band size, I don't see how I could go from an A to a DD!
  • EliteDeeDee77
    Options
    Bumping for later
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    To the Non-Believers~ order a bra in your "new" size and try it on, just for fun and see what you think! (especially those of you whose cup size is "off the charts")

You can always send it back........(but I bet you won't:wink: )
  • robingalatian
    Options
    thank you, for info.....will check out
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Bumping to try out later when I have a tape measure available!
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The cup size is wrong for me - I've definitely dropped from an E cup to a DD