I found a bra size calculator that ISN'T wrong! OMG!

Options

Replies

• AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Bump for later to check it out!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Nordstrom rules for all, including cup sizing :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    bump
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this - and I had to laugh because my right-pane advertisement is for Victoria's Secret. LOL

Yes, thanks for the info ~ and my right-pane ad was for the Ah-Bra!!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Thanks now I know what to wear when I jog again.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Nice men! ROTFLOL! Ladies love a man with a sense of humor. :)
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    No way am I a 36F... I am wearing a 36B-C cup normally... ok they do feel a bit uncomfortable but... no way could I even fit in that cup size if I was a F cup.

Then again I have weird shaped boobs... kind of saggy and loose and long and thin instead of round and full :(
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    umm, do I have to put in centimeters? I use inches. And no way am I a 36I. "I"? Really? That's like, after H. Holy shizzballs. No way!

I'm a 40DD. You may not LIKE adding inches to determine band size, but that's how American bra fitters work. Here's what I found...

Measure under bust. If it's an even number, add 4 inches. If it's odd, add 5 inches. That's your band size. Then measure your bust at the widest part. The difference between that number and your band size determines cups. For the US, 2 inches more is usually a C cup. 3 inches=D. 4=DD. My underbust is 35 inches, so add 5 and I get 40. My bust measures 43.5, (subtract 40=3.5) which is in the middle of a D and DD. I tried on both. The D cups were a bit tight, so I went up to the DDs. And I'm completely happy with how my bra fits.
  • candistyx
    Options
    Centimeters!
    Of course xD

Anyway turns out I am 38D-38DD and have been wearing too small bras... but not *that* too small.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Centimeters!
    Of course xD
    umm, I converted my measurements to centimeters and it STILL says I'm a 36 I. whatevs. There is no way a 36 banded bra will fit around me. At least not one made in America, where I live. Trust me. And an I cup? My boobs are no where near that big.
  • candistyx
    Options
    Centimeters!
    Of course xD
    umm, I converted my measurements to centimeters and it STILL says I'm a 36 I. whatevs. There is no way a 36 banded bra will fit around me. At least not one made in America, where I live. Trust me. And an I cup? My boobs are no where near that big.
    Hmm, well I looked on another site to get to 38D.
    But yeah I realised that wouldn't work anyway because cm would be a larger number not a smaller number.
  • Starrr126
    Starrr126 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It told me a 36C, which is what normally fits when I buy random store brand bras. However I could not for the life of me get into anything C at VS the other week. They measured me and said I was a 34D. I tried the bra and nothing has ever fit better in my LIFE. The lady explained that a lot of times due to the padding in the bra or the style (normal vs racer back for example) people will move up and down cup size and band size. I was measured for a sports bra and told 34 B. I couldn't even get the thing to go around me! My C sports bras are too tight now too. I finally ended up in a 38D racer back sports bra. Sometimes it's personal preference over facts and figures. Really, I don't care what the #s say as long as the girls stay put and perky. I think much like clothing sizes, each store has their own idea of what a size is/should be. They probably shouldn't work this way...but I have a drawer full of same sized bras with WAY different fits to prove it.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It told me a 36C, which is what normally fits when I buy random store brand bras. However I could not for the life of me get into anything C at VS the other week. They measured me and said I was a 34D. I tried the bra and nothing has ever fit better in my LIFE. The lady explained that a lot of times due to the padding in the bra or the style (normal vs racer back for example) people will move up and down cup size and band size. I was measured for a sports bra and told 34 B. I couldn't even get the thing to go around me! My C sports bras are too tight now too. I finally ended up in a 38D racer back sports bra. Sometimes it's personal preference over facts and figures. Really, I don't care what the #s say as long as the girls stay put and perky. I think much like clothing sizes, each store has their own idea of what a size is/should be. They probably shouldn't work this way...but I have a drawer full of same sized bras with WAY different fits to prove it.

Yeah, that's definitely true. But it's helpful to have some idea of what to look for in the store, and why some bras might not be fitting properly. :)
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    bumpity bump bump

I've always had bra issues. My girls are disproportionally large according to my body frame, and I often run into an issue of the band being much smaller than the cup size would be. Also, last year when I had lost some weight, I was having issues because my torso was getting smaller but my breasts were staying the same, so the ratio was getting even crazier!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    Nice men! ROTFLOL! Ladies love a man with a sense of humor. :)

Yep, you'd think men would need a calculator for measuring things "accurately."
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    bump need this website for later when I can find my tape measure!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!
  • plantgrrl
    Options
    Well...I'm sorry this didn't work for some people...bra fitting is an art sometimes. I think for anyone with a rather large bust this type of sizing works best because we really need the support. This tool is awesome. If you're happy with you bra, no need to worry about sizing! Right?
  • plantgrrl
    Options
    Also measuring pointers again.

exhale while measuring yor underbust--pull measure firmly but not excessively tight while making sure that tape is parallel to ground and on an even plane.
    while measuring your overbust wear your best fitting (but least padded) bra, measure again firm, but not,so tight,as to pull into tissue. Hope this helps.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    BUMP!