OCD Confessions

Options
124»

Replies

• Loozin
    Loozin Posts: 91
    Options
    I can't relax when a timer on the Microwave hasn't been zero'd.

I've tried ignoring it, but always end up getting up and pressing CLEAR so that it reads 00:00.
    Phew!!! Even the thought of it is getting me all agitated....LOL
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    None of these things sound unreasonable to me...gaack, I must be OCD too!! I also do some of these same things, like:

eating candies to where I have an equal number of each color

counting stairs

mental math - for example, if someone says they are # years old and their child is # years old, I calculate how old they were when they had their child

I write my grocery list in order of how they appear in the store (produce, dairy, frozen foods, etc.)
  • joyfulthanks
    Options
    None of these things sound unreasonable to me...gaack, I must be OCD too!! I also do some of these same things, like:

LOL! When I first read this, I thought it said "eating CANDLES..." I thought, "Wow! That really is over the top!"
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I always wish OCD was "right". It should be called CDO.

I don't like eating eggs and chicken on the same salad...its like eating parent and child at once, freaks me out.

This comment made me snort when I laughed. :laugh:

I didn't realize how many OCD traits I had until I read everyone else's.

My closet is organized by type of clothing and in each type it's white on the left, then red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, gray, black. And after everything is hung up, the hangers are spaced evenly.

I eat the blue M&M's first because they are a monstrosity. :huh: They don't belong. Then I eat the brown. I even out the rest eating whichever ones have the most in their group. Then I eat them all evenly taking turns.

I count stairs.

I like rounded numbers and even numbers for things like handing out equal portions of snacks for the kids, or candies I'm eating, or the volume on the t.v. or CD player.

Now that I'm measuring things, I eat things in serving sizes-- even if it means 3. *gasp*

The toilet paper must come off the top.

I WILL NOT walk barefoot into the kids' bathroom. EW. That's not OCD though-- more health-conscious. :tongue:

Towels are NEVER washed with clothing. ever. :noway:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options

LOL! When I first read this, I thought it said "eating CANDLES..." I thought, "Wow! That really is over the top!"

HA! Sounds like something from that show "My Strange Addiction". I should have just said M&M's, LOL.