TOO shave or Not TOO shave!!!!

Options

Replies

• MedievalFreak
    Options
    Dont shave! If you have manly bits, then you should have hair!
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    don't
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    ha! i'd say leave it! you are not that hairy!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Chest hair is ok, now, if the back is looking kinda crazy WAX IT!!! :smile:

This is how I feel too. My husband has a bit of chest hair and I think it's really hot. However, I've seen guys at theme parks that looked more like gorillas than men, and those dudes should go bathe in some Nair because it looks awful.

On a side note, I shaved a drag queen's back once. That was an interesting day.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    NO! A stubbly chest is not sexy it's painful. You don't even look that hairy.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I vote no. You are not overly hairy and in fact, I think your chest looks rather hot as is!

Michelle
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    DO NOT SHAVE!

I would only recommend removing hair if you really had a forest! my boyfriend has similar amount of chest hair and I LOVE it!
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    I hardly have any hair that grows on my chest and none on my back but if I did, shaving isn't the best way to get rid of it. It is SO much easier to set your clippers at the lowest height and go to town! I think clippers can be set as low as 2/32"? You can do your whole body in about 10-15 mins AND you don't have to deal with ingrown hairs, razor burn, skin irritation, and so on. Then just maintain it 2x/week and you're set.
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Wax It!!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Shave it!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to look pre-pubescent? Plus stubble = yuck. Leave it!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    My hubby is Hairy, front and back. But it doesn't define who he is. It is a personal thing, if you feel the need to do it, then do it. If you are doing it only for a woman, unless you are married to her or plan on being with her the rest of your life, don't do it. She could be gone next week and then you would be the one looking at it and feeling it grow back...very slowly! :sad:

Your opinion is really the only one that matters.

Well said.

My first thought was: "what hair?" However, it's worth doing so you know what it looks and feels like so you can validly compare it to what you have now. Put your mind at rest.

If you are going to do it then go the whole hog and get it waxed.
  • mcottle292
    Options
    I say shave it!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    With all the hours I spend in the gym, there is no way I'm going to cover up the results with hair! To each their own, but I shave it for me!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I find guys look a bit odd when they shave their body hair, and the stubble is beyond gross when it grows back.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    to not too

I just can't help it.

^^^Thank you! But, shave (or wax). Proudly show off what you've accomplished. :bigsmile:
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    OK, let's get real for a sec...

Open ANY Firemen of _____ (city) calendar, how many of the muscular men in those calendars have body hair?? Open Muscle & Fitness or any other fitness publication. How many of the male models have body hair?? Most male strippers shave/wax/buzz their body hair... women go CRAZY when those guys come out on stage!

The truth is, as begood03 said, men that are into building muscle do NOT want body hair. Sure, there are women that like body hair, but a muscular man looks much better without body hair.
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hairy men are my favorite.

But really, do what makes you feel better. None of us should have an impact on what you do with your own body.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I personally would prefer as little hair as possible, HOWEVER, I would rather someone didn't wax/shave it if they were more hairy - I think a partner should be able to cope without demanding hair removal. Also, I'm more interested in a person's brain than their body.

I prefer women who are more comfortable with not shaving their legs and so on, I think it shows strength of character to go against the grain of society. I go through periods where I shave and periods where I think "to hell with social norms" and grow it out. But again, I'd rather be with someone who looks after their brain first and foremost...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Shaved chests are wrong. If you want to be hair free - wax. There's nothing worse than stubble. Personally, I don't mind chest hair. I do object to hairy armpits, though.