Things only bigger people know and do...

Options

Replies

• jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    One time I couldn't fit into some pants I had always worn so i wrapped a ponytail holder around the button and tied it into the hole on the other side.. gave me like another inch of wiggle room.. lol how ridiculous.

i've always bought my belts bigger so i could leave my pants unbuttoned and just wear a belt to hide that they weren't buttoned.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the shaving thing (I won't wear shorts, just crops or capris). And I'm guilty of trying to 'stretch' out shirts that have either shrank in the dryer or were too small. And also guilty of the posing for pics thing, so i avoid a huge triple chin! Lol.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    <
    Used to carry around baby powder in my purse for the inside of my thighs

GUILTY!
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    i've always bought my belts bigger so i could leave my pants unbuttoned and just wear a belt to hide that they weren't buttoned.
    Done it.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Avoid booths at a restaurant. Sometimes(most), I couldnt fit in. So embarrassing. Even now, I will sometimes skip them, then realize I can now fit in them. :embarassed:
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm..... this topic wasn't what I was expecting. (Cuz there has been a ton of extremely non-weightloss related posts lately.) LOL..... no offense, everyone :) Please continue your discussion.
    *leaves the room*
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    In pics, I'd like to have the kids sitting on my lap...Helped hide my fatness.

Did the shaving thing too....why waste the water/shaving cream/and time when no one sees it.

This may be a bit personal, but I'd only "do it" in the dark! Been married to the same man almost 12 yrs, and most of that time have been ashamed of my body...although he always told me Im beautiful!
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    I'm guilty of the shaving thing (I won't wear shorts, just crops or capris). And I'm guilty of trying to 'stretch' out shirts that have either shrank in the dryer or were too small. And also guilty of the posing for pics thing, so i avoid a huge triple chin! Lol.

i used to stretch my shirts too! one of my best friends did to and we used to help each other stretch our shirts! one would grab the shoulders and the other would grab the bottom and we'd walk away from each other.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I also do the stand in pictures or in groups with my arms crossed over my stomach to hide the muffin top. *rolls eyes*

Guilty!!!

Also letting my hair hang in my face a bit too much to hide the chubby cheeks a little bit on the sides.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    In pics, I'd like to have the kids sitting on my lap...Helped hide my fatness.

Did the shaving thing too....why waste the water/shaving cream/and time when no one sees it.

This may be a bit personal, but I'd only "do it" in the dark! Been married to the same man almost 12 yrs, and most of that time have been ashamed of my body...although he always told me Im beautiful!

i have TONS of short/sexy night gowns and i would only "do it" wearing those.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    i used to eat a snack before i went out to eat with my friends so i didn't finish all my entree and not look like a was fat for a reason, then i'd finish my food as soon as i got home.

I've done this, but I've eaten in the car on the way home. :indifferent:
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Yep I still wear a shirt over my T-shirt and tie it at the front so from the front I look OK and from the side it hides my muffin top..and the shaving thing above the knees.. well, I don`t know why but when you wear jeans it feels awful. My husband does triathlons and he shaves all over arms legs back chest, and I have to double check he hasnt missed anywhere...he makes me feel really hairy grrrrr lol. Oooh and have you ever reached around and felt the hairs on your bum cheeks, that has to be bad :-((((
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    I played up the twins my hair and face so it would draw peoples attention up instead of to my tummy.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    OMGsh I am guilty for not wearing like cute undergarments..often non matiching since i could not shop at VS (I was too big for their sizes) haha luckily wal mart has my size now I can look cute while being big

i've always had cute bra's... underwear not so much, but i've always had a larger chest and just recently been able to buy bra's at walmart before i would buy them from layne bryant, $50-$75 a bra but my mom always bought them for me if i didn't have the money because she believes that if you don't have a good supportive bra you will have back problems.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    I played up the twins my hair and face so it would draw peoples attention up instead of to my tummy.

GUILTY!!!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I remember unbuttoning the top button of my pants after a big meal. This was a temporary fix. And then I would by bigger pants.
  • ChirishGirl
    Options
    I've bought the maternity swim tops to hold the girls in and cammo the belly.
    I've not done the shaving trick... I can't stand the feel of it shorts, jeans, hot or cold.
    I've ordered a Chick-fil-a combo (value size) and ordered a "side order" of 8 piece nuggets. Because, you know, my dog likes 'em.
    I still won't sit on bar stool height chairs. I'm short, it's awkward feeling and I feel like everyone's looking at the short fat girl on a pedestal...lol...

And honestly, I've completely bailed out on friends at the last minute if I was having a "fat" day where I just couldn't feel good about myself.
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    wear skintight shorts under your skirt so that your thighs don't rub and you end up with rash.
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    i used to eat a snack before i went out to eat with my friends so i didn't finish all my entree and not look like a was fat for a reason, then i'd finish my food as soon as i got home.

I've done this, but I've eaten in the car on the way home. :indifferent:

i've eaten it in the car too!
  • jujubean1992
    Options
    wear skintight shorts under your skirt so that your thighs don't rub and you end up with rash.

GUILTY!