Things only bigger people know and do...

Options

Replies

• Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I've done all of the above.....excluding buying maternity pants when there wasn't a baby marinating in there and buying a bigger belt because I find belts are very hard to find in my size, but those are both great suggestions. I need to go shopping!
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've bailed plenty of times. My sister is quite the social butterfly but we both have mutual friends that haven't seen me since i've gained weight. So i've missed many birthday gatherings cause of my weight.

I've bought the maternity swim tops to hold the girls in and cammo the belly.
    I've not done the shaving trick... I can't stand the feel of it shorts, jeans, hot or cold.
    I've ordered a Chick-fil-a combo (value size) and ordered a "side order" of 8 piece nuggets. Because, you know, my dog likes 'em.
    I still won't sit on bar stool height chairs. I'm short, it's awkward feeling and I feel like everyone's looking at the short fat girl on a pedestal...lol...

And honestly, I've completely bailed out on friends at the last minute if I was having a "fat" day where I just couldn't feel good about myself.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    When sitting on the couch at a family members house and someone wants a picture...i cover my tummy up with my arms or reach and grab a pillow because "i think i'm getting a tummy ache".

Also, I only wear t-shirts to school. :( At my heaviest weight I wore a jacket in class all the time.

I definitely used to eat 2 dinners. One with my friends and one with my family! I'm so glad I'm past that!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies should be ashamed of yourselves for the "shaving thing"

That shaving thing is cracking me up. . . . It is nice to be all smooth and such but if men or people in general turn their nose up at me due to oh my gosh a few extra let hairs. . . Then peace out. . . I say good riddance. . . . Just my thoughts.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I wear big sweatshirts to hide my belly, but in the summer when it's too hot to wear them, I will tie it around my waist to hide the "lower" belly. :sick:

I also point my chin forward and look up a little when I have to be in a picture to hide the fact that I have a double chin. :sad:

And I totally do the shaving thing!

the chin thing lmfao i have actually caused myself to have extreme neck problems because i do it all the time not just for a picture my chiropractor has helped alot tho
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Test chairs before sitting--sit gingerly on the edge and test the size and strength for fear of having a chair be either too narrow or not strong enough.

Kris
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I played up the twins my hair and face so it would draw peoples attention up instead of to my tummy.

ditto
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies should be ashamed of yourselves for the "shaving thing"

That shaving thing is cracking me up. . . . It is nice to be all smooth and such but if men or people in general turn their nose up at me due to oh my gosh a few extra let hairs. . . Then peace out. . . I say good riddance. . . . Just my thoughts.

Agreed! I never shave past my mid-thigh because my hair is blonde and you can barely see the hairs on my legs. If a guy seriously cared about this I'd kick him to the curb! It's not like women were born to shave. :huh:
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    lol ive done the shaving thing, i would wear big tee shirts and baggy pants, anything to try and smooth out rolls and bumps
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would always wear a black hoodie just to hide all my fat and make me feel comfortable. I would wear this hoodie every day of the year- even when it was hot out.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Also I would buy patches to patch up the inside of my pants which would always develop holes due to chub rub.
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wear T's all the time and so guilty of the reach for a pillow for sitting pics
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Not getting on the bus/tube/subway because it was crowded and didn't look like I would fit....don't miss that :)
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I've worn maternity pants and i've never been preggers....just because they were comfortable and no muffin top!

Dude, I've always thought preggo girls have it lucky with those! Why should they have all the comfort with none of the judging ;) I would love them at any size, especially jeans with the big elastic panel instead of a fixed waist!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Avoid booths at a restaurant. Sometimes(most), I couldnt fit in. So embarrassing. Even now, I will sometimes skip them, then realize I can now fit in them. :embarassed:

Oh, yeah, learning to eyeball booths and hoping you're not wrong! Took a four day vacation in June to a gambling town where some of the restaurants have ONLY booths, and I fit! It was snug in one, but two years earlier we hit that town and I didn't fit. Fit in the snug little chairs, too, which was something new and different. Last time, I spent an entire meal with just the edge of my butt perched on a chair because I was too big to fit. I can't wait until next time, when they're not even snug!

Kris
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    <
    Used to carry around baby powder in my purse for the inside of my thighs

GUILTY!

i have done this....sort of.. i have found that Avon's magix face perfector is like a silky type powdery finish on face. so i used that on my inner thighs when wearing a skirt. expensive trick but no chafing. that sounds so stupid. :frown: but in my defense, we had no baby powder in the house or i would have used that!
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Exactly!!!
    I've worn maternity pants and i've never been preggers....just because they were comfortable and no muffin top!

Dude, I've always thought preggo girls have it lucky with those! Why should they have all the comfort with none of the judging ;) I would love them at any size, especially jeans with the big elastic panel instead of a fixed waist!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yeah, i wore my maternity clothes until my youngest was 2 and a half...
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I can't shave above the knee or I get a rash from chub rub!
    When I was at my biggest and walked around a lot I woud put deoderant under my roll so I didnt sweat as much.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    <
    Used to carry around baby powder in my purse for the inside of my thighs

Still do right now.
    I played up the twins my hair and face so it would draw peoples attention up instead of to my tummy.

My hair has been my security blanket until around May this year...I felt confident enough to chop it all off into a pixie cut!
    wear skintight shorts under your skirt so that your thighs don't rub and you end up with rash.

Yup, still do that for now.
    Also I would buy patches to patch up the inside of my pants which would always develop holes due to chub rub.

Oh, yes I've done this!

I used to do the shaving thing, but not because I didn't wear shorts. It was just habit, but I wore shorts at all my sizes. I've never shied away from wearing shorts or tank tops or bathing suits because of what someone may think.

I have worn babydoll like tops until my sister whispered to me that I looked pregnant in one (with the best interests at heart)...so now I'd rather have something flatteringly clingy than making me look fatter. I do buy pants a little bigger so I can pull them over my gut (instead of my gut hanging over my pants) to create at least a smooth, albeit rounded, line down my belly :)

I've never been too shy about taking pictures either, but I do the trick where I stick my hips back a bit to make my bottom half look smaller, and the hiding my double chin thing.