MFP vs Jabba the Hutt (so easy even a slacker can do it!)

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    we seem to be back around 2%. For goodness sake, nobody die!
  • 2_Up
    2_Up Posts: 50
    Options
    How does the resurrection thing work? I lost all my lives during two consecutive flus, but have definitely burned more than 5k total calories.

Basically if you have something come up that will keep you from your workouts you get the option to use a "resurrection" that will make one week void of any penalties. Your lives have been adjusted :D
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    w00t! Thanks so much!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    How does the resurrection thing work? I lost all my lives during two consecutive flus, but have definitely burned more than 5k total calories.

Basically if you have something come up that will keep you from your workouts you get the option to use a "resurrection" that will make one week void of any penalties. Your lives have been adjusted :D

It's so nice of you to share the super powers you magically bestowed on yourself a few weeks ago :-P I still haven't lost any, and you are still a slacker...keep up!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    1.31% as of now! NOBODY DIE!
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Do you think we can finish Jabba this week? OMG!! If anyone dies, I'll kill 'em! We need to start thinking of what our next goal will be ... Someone suggested earlier that we do Darth Vader. What about the Caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland? Any other ideas??
  • 2_Up
    Options

It's so nice of you to share the super powers you magically bestowed on yourself a few weeks ago :-P I still haven't lost any, and you are still a slacker...keep up!

Lol hey now it's always been an available option and not having power/water because of that hurricane was a valid excuse haha :P

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17SaQcAQrHT7PrE7mrOAh4IGnyB9m26bJ1v4Mq0eNM20/edit?hl=en_US
    "Things happen in everyone’s life, so you will be granted a 1 week resurrection period if for some reason you were not able to work out (got hurt, hospital, vacation, etc). This resurrection option will only be awarded once to players that have burned at least 5000 total calories, since joining the battle."
  • 2_Up
    Options
    Do you think we can finish Jabba this week? OMG!! If anyone dies, I'll kill 'em! We need to start thinking of what our next goal will be ... Someone suggested earlier that we do Darth Vader. What about the Caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland? Any other ideas??

Fighting Jabba at full strength (not this 10% version :P) for a long term challenge was also a suggestion. I considered giving him more abilities as his hitpoints drop below different percentages, just like how he gained 1% for every life lost and gains back all health lost when someone loses their 3rd life. This "buff" simulated a weight loss plateau and kept Jabba alive for almost an additional month so far LOL.

Like you said Darth Vader was mentioned, stay puft marshmallow man was an idea as well. I'm also considering having a light vs dark side battle among ourselves that will heal / kill Jabba depending on what team you're on. I thought about having a buff called "Jedi Tricks" that will randomly appear during the challenge and you have to beat the previous weeks burn or you'll lose a life (basically fighting yourself). Plenty of ideas are in the works and all suggestions will be considered :D
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    It's a shame, I can't think of a way we could earn perks, as the only bonus we could have is causing more damage, which we'd not really be able to see.
  • 2_Up
    Options
    It's a shame, I can't think of a way we could earn perks, as the only bonus we could have is causing more damage, which we'd not really be able to see.

We could make it so that if (you/we) burned (insert huge number here) for the week you could res a fallen Jedi of your choice.

Some perks would be a nice addition though
  • k2quiere
    Options

Fighting Jabba at full strength (not this 10% version :P) for a long term challenge was also a suggestion. I considered giving him more abilities as his hitpoints drop below different percentages, just like how he gained 1% for every life lost and gains back all health lost when someone loses their 3rd life. This "buff" simulated a weight loss plateau and kept Jabba alive for almost an additional month so far LOL.

Like you said Darth Vader was mentioned, stay puft marshmallow man was an idea as well. I'm also considering having a light vs dark side battle among ourselves that will heal / kill Jabba depending on what team you're on. I thought about having a buff called "Jedi Tricks" that will randomly appear during the challenge and you have to beat the previous weeks burn or you'll lose a life (basically fighting yourself). Plenty of ideas are in the works and all suggestions will be considered :D

I like the light vs dark battle...that would be super cool. You would definitely have to even out us big burners though...I would, of course, be on the light side, since I only dip my toe into the other occasionally ;-)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Dovesgate, did you donate a life for me? Sorry about that, and the other life I had to lose. I over-exercised on Saturday and lost some of the ground I thought I'd gained with the concussion :cry: I think I have to stick to just walking now :sad:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Stay puft marshmallow man!!! That would be awesome - what's better than fighting a giant sugary sweet with no nutritional value!:laugh:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Wow - we have more quitters than players on the roster! Don't be a quitter
  • IronSmasher
    Options

We could make it so that if (you/we) burned (insert huge number here) for the week you could res a fallen Jedi of your choice.

Some perks would be a nice addition though

Having had Jabba get so much life back from people dying, I'm not sure I'd want to give them more lives to lose!

However, I'm sure you can see the appeal and increase in morale from postive perks, instead of a bonus shot in the foot every now and then.
  • ladycomix
    ladycomix Posts: 104
    Options
    ...so I'm confused. I had a week like:

M: 304, Tues: 337 Weds: 295 Thurs: 276 Fri: 0 Sat: 276 Sunday: 610. I thought that the Sunday 600 burn would mean I wouldn't lose a life? Or is it I have to burn 600 the *next* Sunday?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    How on earth did we end up back at 5.86% this morning????
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    How about an IQ test? Some sort of verbal reasoning, simple maths and a Voight Kampff test before they can join?
  • k2quiere
    Options
    How about an IQ test? Some sort of verbal reasoning, simple maths and a Voight Kampff test before they can join?

I would just say a reading test, so that we know they actually read and understood the instructions. I mean, I understand they were written by a mushroom, but I thought they were pretty straightforward.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    ...so I'm confused. I had a week like:

M: 304, Tues: 337 Weds: 295 Thurs: 276 Fri: 0 Sat: 276 Sunday: 610. I thought that the Sunday 600 burn would mean I wouldn't lose a life? Or is it I have to burn 600 the *next* Sunday?

You technically lost a life then gained it back on Sunday.