MFP vs Jabba the Hutt (so easy even a slacker can do it!)

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Seriously, guys, are we nearly there yet???

I've hit that blubbery alien with about 50000 calories. He's got to go down some time soon?
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Seriously, guys, are we nearly there yet???

I've hit that blubbery alien with about 50000 calories. He's got to go down some time soon?

wow Meer! You got some crazy burns there! I'm glad we have you here haha :P
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This challenge is already working for me. For fear of Jabba we managed a family walk (to the pub...) and when I couldn't stomach the 30DS I did some Salsa instead, to ensure I reached 300. There is NO WAY I could earn back a life on a Sunday, so I'm going to have to be good during the week!
  • Oishii
    Options
    Those of you who have high burns, what are you doing to achieve them?
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    My burn today was from a 10 mile training run.
    This week I have ran a 5 miler with a 2 mile walk, a 4 miler, and a 10 miler!
  • 1_up
    Options
    This challenge is already working for me. For fear of Jabba we managed a family walk (to the pub...) and when I couldn't stomach the 30DS I did some Salsa instead, to ensure I reached 300. There is NO WAY I could earn back a life on a Sunday, so I'm going to have to be good during the week!

Great job! Jabba keeps me in line too :D
  • 1_up
    Options

Wow very nice :D
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yay - tomorrow is Sunday burn it up and get a life back day :)
  • meerkat70
    Options

Emmaleigh, that is *amazing*. You totally rock and I am completely jealous. I aspire to be able to do all those things! Incredible work. Well done!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Those of you who have high burns, what are you doing to achieve them?

I do about 2-3 hours of cardio, most days. That's not as impressive as it sounds, as quite a chunk of that involves walking my dogs (they're energetic, and take quite some walking, so at least 4 miles at 4mph most days). But also I'm really pretty big, so I get a lot of burn per hour simply on the basis of being a fat girl. Of course, I'm a fat girl getting thinner at a pretty rapid rate! I try to do interval training - so push speed and resistance in cycles when I'm on gym equipment to up the burn. I love my gym! So yeah, basically for me, it's swimming, running (not very effectively!), elliptical, static bike, walking and circuit. I don't log exercise calories for cleaning, food preparation etc. I know some people do, but it seems a bit pointless to me / for me. If I added those in, my calorie burn would be stupid every day.

There's a thread on the exercise forum for people burning 5000+ a week, if you want to get some ideas on how to do the bigger burns.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I earned my third life back tonight! Take that Jabba!
  • ladycomix
    Options
    I'm in! Trying to add myself to the spreadsheet, but I'm spreadsheet stupid...
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Someone put zeros in my spots for last Wednesday and Thursday. I check in today to enter in my burns and I'm out! I did get the burns done and I thought I had a week to enter them. :sad: I put the burns back in anyways. Will someone fix it for me?
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Someone put zeros in my spots for last Wednesday and Thursday. I check in today to enter in my burns and I'm out! I did get the burns done and I thought I had a week to enter them. :sad: I put the burns back in anyways. Will someone fix it for me?

Yep. You ought to be on the boards. Your life count even says you have at least 1 still. LeilaPhoenix ought to still be on the board until the end of this week anyway (unless she logs in before then). Looks like someone was being overzealous and gave Jabba lots more life back. :grumble:

I don't know how to fix it for you or I would.
  • statia152
    Options

I think there is a traitor in our midst Luke ... :noway:
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options

Yep. You ought to be on the boards. Your life count even says you have at least 1 still. LeilaPhoenix ought to still be on the board until the end of this week anyway (unless she logs in before then). Looks like someone was being overzealous and gave Jabba lots more life back. :grumble:

leilaphoenix lost a life in in weeks 2,3 & 4.. Lost one on week 5 which put her into negative lives, As per the rules once the last life is lost, the sunday "burn back" option is removed.

Nico lost two lives in week 1 and the final, third life, in week 5.
  • Oishii
    Options
    I managed to whack my head on a wall-mounted display cabinet on Sunday, and when I finally went to the doctor today, she gave me 2 days off because I have concussion. I tried to exercise yesterday, but after 10 minutes of my salsa video my heart was pounding and I had to stop.

Please could I have a week off sick?
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options

leilaphoenix lost a life in in weeks 2,3 & 4.. Lost one on week 5 which put her into negative lives, As per the rules once the last life is lost, the sunday "burn back" option is removed.

Did they earn back lives on Sundays?
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options

Did they earn back lives on Sundays?

On checking Nico did.. so i've put that one back in for 1-Up. :o)

LeilaPhoenix, however, lost her third life and therefore the "burn back a life" isnt optional.
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options

way i read it is that a week is 7 days.. So if you burn wednesday and dont enter it before close of business the following wednesday (a week later) then you should discount that burn and input a 0.

Im gonna be out his week, anyhoos... Buggered a knee ligament up. So you'll have to fight the fight with one less Jedi.