MFP vs Jabba the Hutt (so easy even a slacker can do it!)

Options
1_up
1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
MFP vs Jabba the Hutt
"so easy even a slacker can do it.. only 900 calories a week!"

Wouldn’t it be fun to turn burning calories into a game to help motivate more and more people to get up and burn some calories?

I’ve decided to set up a epic battle with MFP vs Jabba the Hutt! The rules are simple. You can join at any time during the battle. Burn at least 300 calories a day every other day or you lose a life. You get 3 lives until you are eliminated from the battle. Your calorie burn will in turn drain the hit points from Jabba the Hutt until he is no more. He must be destroyed by New Years or else everyone becomes his Princess Leia...

There will be special mentions for the top 3 calorie burners each week and whatever else gets cooked up along the way!

If you are interested please follow this link for more details.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17SaQcAQrHT7PrE7mrOAh4IGnyB9m26bJ1v4Mq0eNM20/edit?hl=en_US

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Maybe I'll add in walking to Mordor and really get my geek on. ;)
  • RainyMel
    RainyMel Posts: 16
    Options
    That's hilarious... I think this is actually the kind of motivation I need.

But I'll secretly be hoping we lose, so I can be a princess leia... By new years, I hope I look good enough to don her costume. Lol!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    This is fun, I'm in. And maybe I'll finally get an HRM and then my calories burned will be legit instead of the sometimes insane ones that MFP posts (its not very likely you're burning 900 calories in 50 minutes of elliptical use).
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm in!
  • readingboy
    Options
    Oh yeah. I'm in. Great fun! I'll stay another 10 - 20 mins tomorrow on the elliptical just to kick it his butt. Ha!

@tameko2: depends on what you weigh. I burn 700+ calories on the Elliptical for 45 mins according to my Polar FT60.
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    Ok...is it just me? I am sooo confused....
  • RainyMel
    Options
    *lurking on the spreadsheet*

Oh.. so we add up calories burned for TWO days and post it as one of the days? Hmm...
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    awesome goodness, count me in!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm soooooooooo in!!!!!!!!!! So it starts on Monday? Do we post our burns here? Arg, so many questions I still have.
  • 1_up
    Options
    *lurking on the spreadsheet*

Oh.. so we add up calories burned for TWO days and post it as one of the days? Hmm...

haha sorry. I wanted it formatted another way, but wanted to patch it up visually for now. Everything will be fixed and tweaked before the monday challenge ;D
  • 125isthedream8D
    Options
    I'm in(:
  • RainyMel
    Options
    Alright. I'll ignore it until monday and hope everything's clear by then. =P I just hope I remember to check my bookmarks, lol.
  • 1_up
    Options
    I'm soooooooooo in!!!!!!!!!! So it starts on Monday? Do we post our burns here? Arg, so many questions I still have.

Starts on Monday. Sure post your burns here if you like. Just be sure to log your burns onto the spreadsheet. :wink:
  • RainyMel
    Options
    Make sure to actually check out the link at the bottom of the post, people.. it's actually important. And then the link at the end of the link, loll
  • 125isthedream8D
    Options
    It wont let me go to either links D:
  • AllenBody
    Options
    I'm in. Sounds good
  • RainyMel
    Options
    Won't let you? that's weird..
    humm.. did you copy/paste it into your address bar? they're just URLs, not actually links
  • mags2504
    mags2504 Posts: 275
    Options
    count me in too
  • 1_up
    Options
    The spreadsheet might not be super pretty for now, but hopefully it will get a face lift soon enough... it reminds me of legos!
  • 1_up
    Options
    K cleaned up the spreadsheet. So far its 4 MFP members vs Jabba the Hutt! Need some more support!:explode: