WEEK 2 ~ Team Amazing Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    RECIPE TITLE : Couscous à la marocaine / Joël Legendre Page 292

WHAT’S ABOUT : Recipe that comes from the french Québécois vegetarian book called: JOËL LEGENDRE MA BIOGRAPHIE GOURMANDE. It’s a Moroccan vegetarian recipe. It gives you 7 big portions and it’s really good reheated, that’s why I do a lot of portions in one shot and either eat it at lunch the day after or either freeze the in individual portions the rest for lunch at work!

PER PORTION : Calories 507, Carbs 92, Fat 9, Protein 19
    (But you feel full after that, no dessert needed after, there's a lot of protein! And you can divided in 8 portions for less calories)

INGREDIENTS:
    2 Onions
    1 tbs Olive Oil
    2 Garlic glove mash
    1 Red bell pepper in small cubes
    1 Orange bell pepper in small cubes
    4 Peeled Carrots sliced
    2 cup of Chick Peas
    2 tbs tomato paste
    12 dates without the seed and cut in 4
    The juice and zest of 1 orange
    2 tsp of ground Cumin
    1 tsp of ground Tumeric
    1 tsp of ground Ginger
    1/2 tsp of ground Cinammon
    1/2 tsp of ground Cayenne pepper
    3 1/2 cup of Vegetables broth
    2 1/2 cup of medium Couscous
    1/4 cup of fresh Coriander
    1/4 cup of fresh Peppermint
    1/2 cup of sliced almond

INSTRUCTIONS:
    Cook in a large pan, cook Onions in Olive oil, few minutes.

Add Garlic, Peppers, Carrots, Chick peas, Tomato paste, Dates, zest and orange juice, spices and the broth. Simmer everyting for 20 minutes.

Drain and KEEP the broth separated from the rest.

Take the broth, bring it to boil, take it out of the heat and add the coucous. Put a lid on and wait 10 minutes. After, with a fork separed the couscous.

Add the fresh herb in the couscous. Put the couscous in a big plate. Put the veggies on top and sprinkle with the almonds. Enjoy!!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    for yesterday:
    water - ck
    under calories - ck
    exercise - ck
    (walked 2 miles --- not sure if that will go towards 'our' miles or not)
    mountain climbers balance - ck
    cruches (from wed)- ck
    3 sets of 21 (from thurs)- ck
    did 25 jumping jacks (i must not be doing these right - my ankles kill me at 15, feel like i'm gonna twist one of them by the time i get to 25 - when i go out i am on the tops of my feet - i assume this isnt correct??)
    so i have left: 75 jumping jacks for thurs and todays (fri) stuff.

@ Musky - perhaps you are spreading your feet too far out ?? I have bad knees so I don't spread my feet that wide apart when I do them and I don't "jump" real high - I modify it - I know, but hey - I'm still "jumping".... haha.

Let me know what you think......

@ Song2Sing - I'm pretty sore today too.... I've been feeling so good and doing so well - that I think sometimes I forget that I am still a "grandma" hahahaha. We HAVE come a long way though!!! I'm soooooo proud of US!! You GO girl (but take it a little easy - haha).

@ Cath - that recipe sounds delicious!! I'm thinking that might be a little over my head though (hahaha). But I'm writing all of our team recipes down so that I can try them out.... Thanks for sharing!!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    2 Miles Biking CHECK
    160 Jumping Jacks CHECK
    100 Stair Climbs CHECK
    Water CHECK

Will do Globe Jumps Tomorrow!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and Today (sorry I didn't get it logged yesterday -- it's been crazy at work!!) (Day 4 and 5)

Water - 10+ both days
    Under calories - both days
    Exercise -- nope... neither day will be completed. It's been too much at work

I did walk 3 more miles toward the 100 mile team challenge yesterday, tho. I'll try catch up on some of the exercise challenges tomorrow!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I walked twice at work today, 1 mile each. And I walked home from work today, 7.3 miles. So you can add 9.3 miles to our team 100 mile goal. :)

I am so sore and exhausted from walking home, I am probably not going to get to the exercises for today. If I don't, I will make them up on Sunday.

Under calorie goal, and 9 glasses of water.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Globe jumps done
    no jumping jacks
    I did do my aerobics.
    water doen and im under calorie goal also.
    i am tired still.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Did the 50 crunches for tomorrow already, drank my water (9 glasses) and was under my calorie goal for the day. My knees are really sore (rain is coming!) but I will try the modified ones tomorrow and see if that is easier for me.
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    104 stair climbs
    10 swimmer's presses
    20 overhead presses
    100 jumping jacks
    regular workout
    16 + glasses water
    under calorie count

globe jumps tomorrow
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    AUGUST 12th 2011

Hi guys! I'm Ba-aaaa-ck, i'm feeling better, but not 100% top shape yet. Hope tomorrow everyting gets better :)

Today, I catch up all my mised exercices from wednesday and thursday because I was sick + I did my friday exercices + I walked 4.75 miles for the 100 miles challenge!

WEDNESDAY (but done on friday)
    50 sit up = check
    50 mountain climb = check

THURSDAY (but done on friday)
    3 x 21 = check
    100 jumping jacks = check

FRIDAY
    40 globe jump (crazy this one!!!) = check
    100 jumping jacks = check
    100 stairclimbing (my boyfriends was wondering what I was doing and what was the noise ahahah...) = check

100 MILES CHALLENGE
    One walk outside of 2.75 miles
    One walk on treadmile of 2 miles
    TOTAL OF 4.75 MILES Yeah :)

Have a nice evening everybody!
    Catherine
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    August 12, 2011

~25 Squat Kicks
    ~25 Swimmers Presses
    ~50 Ab Crunches
    ~50 Mountain Climbers
    ~2 Sets of 21's
    ~100 Jumping Jacks
    ~40 Shoulder Presses
    ~8 Water
    ~Under Calorie Goal

Sorry, will try the Globe Jumps tomorrow (I don't have any energy left tonight.)

Amazing Grace, let me know what else you need from song2sing for the week! I have doubled up and overlapped through the week and have lost track! I know I need to run some more and will try to finish up what I need tomorrow and maybe into Sunday. Thanks for the info hon! AS IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TO DO, RIGHT?!!

Joyful in the Journey, but a bit tired tonight!
    song2sing
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    HELLO TEAM AG!!! I'm Back from TN and had a great time with my sister. I tried very hard to keep track of my calories and I think I did allright! I did my daily exercises EVERYDAY plus I hiked at least 2 miles EVERYDAY. (My sister thinks I'm nuts btw!! LOL) I drank at least 8 glasses of water EVERYDAY! And I feel WONDERFUL and am hoping for an AWESOME weigh in tomorrow!
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    for yesterday:
    water - ck
    under calories - ck
    exercise -ck

for today so far:
    i am caught up on all challenge exercises except for the one mile xtra walk (gonna be doing that real soon) -
    so i need to do that and remain under calorie goal, and water for the w/end. got a busy one planned :) hope to get
    more than just one walk in over this w/end - ---- have a GREAT day everyone
  • musky4
    Options
    o - forgot --- WHO DID 25 WEIGHTS for the shoulder presses?? LOL ---
    i was at 5# LOL
  • musky4
    Options
    2.6 miles in - did i mention its humid and misting?? lol - starting on water!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Um... I have no stairs available to me... Stair climbs? I imagine that is actually running up/down stairs?
  • Xtine72
    Options
    40 Shoulder presses CHECK
    50 Crunches CHECK
    1 Extra Mile CHECK
    Water CHECK ** ALREADY **

Burned over 1000 Calories this morning!! CHECK
  • Xtine72
    Options
    Forgot to add...

50 Globe Jumps CHECK

Woohoo!!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    You guys are tearing it UP!!!! WOWSA!!

@Cath - thanks for being so ORGANIZED with your post. That made it VERY EASY for me to log it all..... :flowerforyou: I'm glad that you are feeling better.......

@Musky - I only have 5# weights too..... doubt I could have done 25# anyways!! LOL....

@ SarahRuth, yes, that is going up and down the stairs..... perhaps you could go to the mall or somewhere that has stairs? I live in an apartment complex and although I live on the first floor, I'm going to go up and down the outside stairs here.... just an idea.

My date last night went VERY well - we went out to watch the first Steeler game (pre-season) and it ended up not being on Direct TV at all!! I was soooo disappointed. But the company (my date) was very nice and we ended up watching his team play ball instead. I was MORE excited that I was able to go out on a date and STILL STAY UNDER MY CALORIE GOAL for the day - I was really worried about THAT... haha. TOMORROW we are going for a drive in his new Hummer to Zanesville Ohio and out to the park to have a picnic... I'm really kinda excited! :love:

I'm headed out now to do some walking.... I have some miles to make up for and plan to double up today and tomorrow!! Have a great weekend ladies!!!

REMINDERS......

Don't forget to weigh in tomorrow morning!! I'm so excited to see everybody's WEIGHT LOSS for this week!!!

Also, don't forget that starting Monday morning, I will have a new thread for us to post to. I'll put the link to the new thread on this one, but DON"T POST to this thread as of Monday morning.... (you know the drill)..... lol
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    I seriously can't think of anyplace where there are stairs that I have access to. The closest mall is 40 minutes away, and I don't think there are any stairs there either. We don't believe in stairs here in Florida... Hahaha. I might have to just use my step that I do step aerobics with. It's only one stair, but I could climb that one stair 100 times. LOL.

Oh, and I covered 20 miles in my bike ride this morning. So if we find ourselves short on miles for the 100 mile challenge, you can use those. :)
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I seriously can't think of anyplace where there are stairs that I have access to. The closest mall is 40 minutes away, and I don't think there are any stairs there either. We don't believe in stairs here in Florida... Hahaha. I might have to just use my step that I do step aerobics with. It's only one stair, but I could climb that one stair 100 times. LOL.

Oh, and I covered 20 miles in my bike ride this morning. So if we find ourselves short on miles for the 100 mile challenge, you can use those. :)

I don't have stairs either, but luckily my sister needed help the other day with grocery shopping and she lives on the second floor. (Luck for me and the challenge, not for my sister needing help!) If anyone comes up with an alternative to this (my sister lives 60 miles away-I don't do that very often!) please share. I know that stair climbing is a great exercise!