Options

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Just completed for yesterday:

25 Globe jumps
    100 Jumping Jacks
    100 Stair Climbs (jog or run) - Used my step, that's all I could do!!

Complete for today:
    40 Shoulder Presses
    50 crunches

I owe you: 1 extra mile and 25 globe jumps.

Those globe jumps are particularly hard on my knee. I have to do only a few at a time, so I mixed them in between sets of the other exercises to get through them. I will get the other 25 done, but I certainly hope those don't find their went into the next couple weeks challenges!!
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    August 13, 2011

~4 miles walk/run
    ~100 Stair Climbers
    ~No Globes
    8 glasses of Water
    Under calorie goal
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Alright. Diary done, under calorie goal, lots of water (more than 8...).

I had to seriously guess at dinner. We went to a really nice, small, local italian restaurant. Had a lovely meal with my husband. Food was excellent. I ordered one of their specials because when the server described it to me it sounded ridiculously good. It was that good... but it had a very italian sounding name that I didn't catch when she said it and, frankly, when I got home I realized I had no idea how to log it, since I didn't even know what it was called. I had extra calories in the end anyway, so I think I'm safe. Thanks to that 20 mile bike ride! :D
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Teresa -- I've caught up on everything except the Globe Jumps (don't think I'll actually get them done, so sorry!!) Walked two miles today, makes 6 miles total toward the 100 mile challenge.

Water --15 and counting
    Under calorie -- check

TIRED!!!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Did the shoulder presses and crunches and did another extra mile. I drank my 10 cups of water and was under calories for the day. Let's hope this all pays off tomorrow!
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    AUGUST 13th 2011

Water = check
    Under calorie = check
    50 abs = check
    1 extra miles = check
    40 shoulder press = check
    1.75 for the miles challenge = check

100 MILES CHALLENGE

Friday = 2.75 miles
    Saturday = 1.75 miles
    TOTAL FOR 100 MILES CHALLENGE = 4.5 miles

Good night!

Catherine
  • cath1717
    Options
    Extra recipe for this week :)

MINESTRONE SOUP (Cath1717 creation dish + I took the picture of it, you can see it in my picture profile)

/// INGREDIENTS :
    2 Tbs butter,
    1 Big Spanish Onion diced,
    2 Garlic Clove chopped,
    1 1/2 Cup of Carrots in slice,
    Half of any color Bell Pepper diced,
    1/2 Cup of Celery diced,
    1 1/2 cup of Beets diced,
    900 ml (1 cardboard container) Campbell Chicken Broth reduce in sodium,
    796 ml (1 big can or 28oz) Aylmer Diced Tomatoes,
    1 Cup Spinach,
    1 Cup Parsley,
    Dry herbs about 1 tbs of each Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano,
    2 jamaican pepper or ordinary pepper 1tsp,
    1tsp Salt

/// DIRECTIONS
    Melt butter with all the herbs.
    Add garlic and onion, cook for 3 minutes.
    Add all the other veggies, cook for 4 minutes.
    Add everything else, low cooking for 20-30 minutes.
    Enjoy!

/// 5 portions
    Calories 229 / Carbs 38 / Fat 5 / Protein 10

/// Gives alot of portions, excellent for lunch at work or for little fast snack when you already have a stash in the fridge :)
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    water in
    exercised step aerobics.
    walked 1 mile is all had to hurry it up
    then i did the 40 Shoulder Presses 50 crunches
    under calorie goal for today.
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I did EVERYYHING all week. Was under my calorie goals ALL week. And I gained 3lbs! WTF?!?!?! Seriously upset and seriously disappointed. Weigh In: 166lb! How is that even possible? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so flippin' frustrated!
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    Yesterday, we had bad storms and lost power. I got in regular exercise and 10 glasses of water. Over calorie count (sorry). Doing rest of exercises plus miles today.
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    I did EVERYYHING all week. Was under my calorie goals ALL week. And I gained 3lbs! WTF?!?!?! Seriously upset and seriously disappointed. Weigh In: 166lb! How is that even possible? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm so flippin' frustrated!

That is frustrating! I was like that all week (yes, I check my weight daily) and it was driving me crazy. But I knew I was doing all the right things and this morning all was good. And I was going to the bathroom like crazy Friday and Saturday so I am assuming it was fluid retention. That is probably what is happening to you. Keep drinking your water, watch your sodium intake and doing what you know to be right. It will happen.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    No loss for me this week. I am at exactly the same weight I was at weigh-in last week. However, it's TOM right now, so I'm actually happy with that weigh-in. I typically gain 3-5 lbs during this time, so if I weigh the same as last week it's possible I'll see a really big drop next week. :)
  • cath1717
    Options
    AUGUST 14th 2011

Ok, it is rest day, but I promised that I would do a 5 miles in total for the 100 MILES CHANLLENGE.

So, I'm going right now to walk 2.75 miles for a big total of 7.25 miles for the challenge. Hope it's helps :)

LAST WEEK WEIGHT: 215 lbs
    THIS WEEK WEIGHT: 212.5 lbs
    TOTAL LOST THIS WEEK: 2,5 lbs

Have a nice rest day!

Catherine
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    Weigh In day: 235-down another 2 lbs. I have now officially lost 10% of my starting body weight!! Another 3 lbs to go to get to my before cruise goal!
  • caza6464
    caza6464 Posts: 29
    Options
    Have had all my water for the week

Have come under calories goal all week

Have completed all daily exercise challenges for the week ( i did do my challenge exercises for Monday, today, on Sunday as i was not able to do Monday because of being in work for 16 hours )

I did 6 miles for the week

Bring on week 3
  • maureendonahue
    Options
    I did an extra mile today for the challenge as I couldn't remember what miles I did for what challenge! I figured an extra mile couldn't hurt!
  • song2sing
    Options
    August 14, 2011

Lost 1.8 lbs = CW 182.8
    8 Glasses of Water
    Under calorie goal

Joyful in the Journey
    song2sing

~Need to plan my tomorrow with the new weeks list of challenges, if I have missed this post, please let me know . . . thanks
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    im gonna say i lost a pound because it looks like i have on the scale but it is one with the dial so it is hard to tell. How ever It does actully look like i lost two but it is in between so ill stick with one pound loss.
    water in
    under calories goal
    went for a walk 1 mile.
    plus i did my regular aerobics.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Just covered another 15 miles on my bike. Use one of those for my extra mile from yesteday, and the other 14 can go towards the 100 miles for the team, if you need them.

Diary finished. Under calories. Good on water too.

I cannot do those globe jumps. They kill my knee. I'm sorry. :(

Tomorrow starts registration week for the kids here, which means I will be running around from school to school and informational meeting to informational meeting... I really need to know what is expected of me tomorrow so that I can plan ahead. Is there a new post going up soon with next weeks challenges??
  • song2sing
    Options
    Just covered another 15 miles on my bike. Use one of those for my extra mile from yesteday, and the other 14 can go towards the 100 miles for the team, if you need them.

Diary finished. Under calories. Good on water too.

I cannot do those globe jumps. They kill my knee. I'm sorry. :(

Tomorrow starts registration week for the kids here, which means I will be running around from school to school and informational meeting to informational meeting... I really need to know what is expected of me tomorrow so that I can plan ahead. Is there a new post going up soon with next weeks challenges??

Hi Sarah, great job on the mileage for the team that was a great week of pedal pumping!

I am with you on the Globe jumps, I did try them but could not get through 3 of them.

Best of the best to your kids as they get ready to start school soon!

Hopefully we will see a new thread coming up soon! Good luck and have a wonderful week 3!

song2sing