Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 1

Options
1234568»

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay... so I joined this group and then the holiday from h*ll came around.. I have NOT eaten well in the last few days... stayed in my calories (by workin my tail off at the gym)... but the food was not healthy! My family had a new edition on Thanksgiving day.. so there has been alot of running around and eating together.. that is always bad! I think I am back on track, but tomorrow's weigh and measurments are the true test! Wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thanks Pedal, I know if I do it, I'll feel so much better, but then I lay there and think, I'll just get it in later today. Well, today I did. I had my hubby drive straight home and I walked and picked up the girls from daycare. It was a total of 30 minutes, to and from. So it was nice to be out like that, and the girls got some exercise in too.

Well, off to the store to find something for dinner. Talk to ya'll later. Hope everyone has a good supper tonight. Later.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    evening all....
    shanell you need to go back to what you use to do and make a weeks menu and shop for that week. i use to make just 7 days. than in the morning i would decided what i wanted to make that night. i am thinking of going back to that again myself. shopping every night can add up, you get things you really don't need.
    i am trying parm fish tomorrow night sounds good. we are having salomn burgers tonight and tater tots. i pick up son now at 4:30 and have to fight traffic. takes 45 min to get home.
    i have my 3 month blood work done tomorrow morning. taking son to work and than the gym and than the doctors. can't eat or drink (but water). so i hope i don't depleat all my water before she sticks me. i have bad vains. she won't yell too loud:wink:
    well, buzzer just went off.
    man, i have like 1200 calories still to eat tonight. nope won't eat them i will get to my 1500/1600, but thats it. weigh in tomorrow. it's just something i do.
    back later, cathy
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Hello Ladies...

I have been away on a venture to see my cousins today. We went shopping and looked around parts of Va. I saw more when I was a child. Anyway, I got home and was thinking I needed to weigh in but, thats tomorrow. Whew!! :noway: Close call.

Breakfast: 1/2 wheat bagel, one fried egg, 2 ham slices
    Lunch: Shrimp and spinach salad @ applebee's w/ Chili. Lunch portion, very tasty. I had water.
    Snack: a dessert shooter... cinnamon apple... tasty, w/o whip cream
    D: Salmon, greens and cabbage
    Snack: Popcorn, kettle... sweet, ummmmmm I love it. Its 98% fat free and soooooo tasty.

Thanks Kristin for grouping the recipes! And to everyone, I love this group. Keep up the good work. I agree that I can't believe that its DEC already. WOW time flies.....

My Mom keeps telling me that I look good. That makes me smile.

Take Care,
    Tamm
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Man oh man, I can't WAIT for supper tonight!! The spinach ricotta cranberry stuffed chicken breasts baked over quinoa. Oh it's going to be AMAZING!! Recipe: 1 cup light ricotta, 2 cups chopped fresh spinach, 1 1/3 cups dried cranberries all mixed together. Slice a pocket in 4 chicken breasts (although I had to fill 6 chicken breasts to use up all the stuffing mix) and fill with ricotta mixture. In a 9x13" baking dish pour 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup water, 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock. Place chicken breasts over quinoa and bake at 350* for about an hour. It smells so delicious. I'm super hungry too so can't wait... just had to share :tongue:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Goodness we were chatty today!!! So much to catch up on.

Finally back from the holiday and made it safe and sound. Kind of scared for weigh in tomorrow because of the holiday and I'm with Kristen, my TOM is this week so it could be ugly!!

Eating today was not worth mentioning as it was travel food as I like to call it but I think I am still under my cals. Shred later tonight for a good post-drive workout!

Not sure on meals for tomorrow since I have absolutely no groceries in my apartment right now. oops. But I will be starting week 3 of C25K over again because I only got one day in last week.

I need to find some recipes for you ladies!! EEK!!! Tomorrow I will try and include a good salmon recipe for those who wanted recipes for that. :bigsmile:

I would love to be on here forever but need to catch up on homework and do laundry. I promise tomorrow I will post so much you all will be sick of me. hehe!!!
    :heart:
  • alliestar79
    alliestar79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi my beautiful ladies!!!!!!
    Sorry i have been MIA, between the holiday and BOTH of my computers crashing:grumble:, its been rough. I guess i have some electrical shock that fries computers i touch...lol. Scary seeming i work at a giant computer company :)
    I promise to catch up on posts......

Ok- I didn't eat so healthy over the weekend but managed to keep it together for the big T day. I didn't excersise at all....my excuse is that it was raining and my gym was closed for the holidays...i know, i know...i have been all over myself for that.

TODAY! I did C25K, wk 5 day 2....8 min. intervals. I am going to make myself move to the 20 min. run by the end of the week. I also managed to come in way under calories today. It sure is hard to eat all my cals when i am eating fruits and veggies all day! I am not even hungry:ohwell:

Strength training for me bright and early in the am....looking forward to the weigh in....i think :laugh:

Thanks for all the amazing recipes....i love to cook so i am filing them to use!

My recipe: This is wonderful if you are super busy like me and just want to throw something in the crockpot. The chicken comes out with AMAZING FLAVOR and melts in your mouth. Its only about 298 per serving and makes about 2-3 servings. I personally like to eat this with a dollup of lite sour cream, or put it in a whole wheat wrap. ( i use frozen tenderloins btw)
    Enjoy!

Chicken with Black Beans and Rice

2 cans black beans
    16 oz jar salsa
    1/2 cup brown rice (uncooked)
    1 lb FROZEN chicken breasts or Tenderloins

Place frozen chicken breasts in slow cooker.
    Pour beans, rice and salsa over chicken.
    Cook low 8-10 hours and serve.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    MMM! Loving the sound of that crock pot chicken Allie! Thanks :smile:

AmyLou, glad you're back safe!

Well everyone, new thread tomorrow!! See you on the flip side! :bigsmile:
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello All,

I hope that you are having a good day.

Allie, that chicken ab black beans sounds so good. Kristen, thanks for the suggestions I will try the recipe one day. Pedal, yes it's hard sticking to someone elses'smeal plan but I think I'm going to have to stop because some of the requested food is out of my budget plan right now. i figure I will try it in 2 weeks.

Shanell good job with sticking to your work out. I felt like that yesterday because i had tio drag myself to the gym but i felt good after but sooooo sore today.

i weighed myself last night at the gym and it said that i gained 2lbs. but I didn't cry.

Today I didn't do well on my eating plan because I ran late for work and didn't fix my meals
    LACK OF PLANNING EQUALS FAILURE!!!!!!!!!

Today, I've eaten 1/2 of sandwich and cup of soup from the bread company (turkey on honey wheat with lettuce and tomato not sauce) apple and water AND a cookie ( so good but I felt guilty)

3 rice cakes
    and i've drank 24 oz of water i have to get 2 liters in today.

keep pushing!!!!!!!!!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm DrTamm's sister! I am trying to join in the sixers challenge but not sure how to use this website since I'm new here! Any tips? Or can someone please point me in the right direction!