hm_day Support Group

Options

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    just woke up, off to work soon but hitting the gym after my job interview tonight (: xo

First of all, YAY on the job interview!! So happy you finally heard back.
    Second of all, you suck. I wish I was just waking up :P I've been up for 15 hours. FIFTEEN!
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Bump... just wanted to get in on this!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Bump... just wanted to get in on this!

Hi there! Feel free to get in on it :) A few posts back I went over the challenges and stuff. Message me if you have any questions!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Actually made it to the gym today despite my exhaustion and tummy ache. Here's my daily report.

Nutrition: So far, 40oz of water and counting. Will probably only make it to 48oz today.
    Exercise: Walked to the 5th floor again today, walked all over campus, walked up some more stairs.. and then did strength training for 45 minutes.

Anyone have any good plans for the weekend?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Nutrition : 8 glasses of water, under calories. Tried to eat very healthy today.

Exercise : 95 minutes in total is all I counted for.
    15 minute weights at gym, 15 minutes stairmaster and treadmill, walked/jogged to my grandmas and back (intervals) (35ish minutes) and ran round the shops with my bestie for more than 2 hours (only counted half hour)

Weigh-in in the morning. Eeeeep.
  • hm_day
    Options
    Nutrition : 8 glasses of water, under calories. Tried to eat very healthy today.

Exercise : 95 minutes in total is all I counted for.
    15 minute weights at gym, 15 minutes stairmaster and treadmill, walked/jogged to my grandmas and back (intervals) (35ish minutes) and ran round the shops with my bestie for more than 2 hours (only counted half hour)

Weigh-in in the morning. Eeeeep.

Awesome job El! I'm gonna go fill up my water bottle today, and I'm gonna hit the gym tonight. Probably should have started my day off with 30DS, but I'm gonna do it tomorrow :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Just realized that this week is the start of a new challenge. That 2 weeks went by really fast! Anyone have any ideas for the next challenges?
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! New to the group! :D

I think we could add some more exercise challenges, like Squat Challege. How about 400 or 600 squats in the next two weeks?

*Drink 64oz of water per day.
    *Add tea (no sugar)
    *Eat a salad
    *Exercise: 40min of exercise 3x per week.
    *Spend quality time with your family and friends (it's important for a healthy lifestyle)
    *If you smoke try to do it less or even quit. :)

What do you guys think? :)
  • hm_day
    Options

I think we could add some more exercise challenges, like Squat Challege. How about 400 or 600 squats in the next two weeks?

*Add tea (no sugar)
    *Eat a salad
    *Spend quality time with your family and friends (it's important for a healthy lifestyle)

I love it when people come up with ideas :)
    Our current challenge for nutrition is 64oz of water, so that's already been done!
    I was definitely gonna up the amount of time for exercise, but I like the idea of a specific exercise challenge like squats or crunches or something along those lines.

And how many people on here smoke, if any of you? If we can get an idea of how many DO smoke, then maybe we can do that as a wellness challenge. But if only one or two smoke, then it would be more of a personal goal for them (which they can still do) rather than a group-wide challenge.
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    I thought it would be nice to add an specific exercise, so we add variation to our workouts.

I have a month without smoking (a personal goal) but, I put it in there just in case anyone else is having troubles quitting and needs some support :)

I am glad you liked it :D
  • hm_day
    Options
    I thought it would be nice to add an specific exercise, so we add variation to our workouts.

I have a month without smoking (a personal goal) but, I put it in there just in case anyone else is having troubles quitting and needs some support :)

I am glad you liked it :D

Definitely! I honestly don't know how many people here smoke, so it wasn't something I ever thought of before. If you want, you can add into your daily report like, "Only had x amount of cigarettes today, versus this many" etc. That way, even if it's not an actual challenge, it still gives us an idea of how you're doing with your personal goal! :)
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    Perfect! :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options

*Add tea (no sugar)
    *Eat a salad

Sounds good!
    Sleep is also part of a healthy lifestyle so try to get the recommended hours as well?
  • kassette
    Options
    I smoke occasionally ....

how would the squat challenge work?? have an amount to do over the two weeks and keep chipping away at it? like "today i did 50 squats, bringing me up to 150 of my 400 squats" ??

And I'm a fan of the sleep challenge! I could do with getting my 8 hours a night in :)
  • kassette
    Options
    Just thought, don't think I could achieve the spend time with fam and friends challenge, as I've recently moved, and they're on the other side of the country!!! unless I count chatting with you guys on the forum :D
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Hey all,

I drunk 12 glasses of water today, 2 of tea.
    Half hour walk, felt really sick so was not up to much else.
    Under my calories and keen for the new week ahead :D<3
  • hm_day
    Options
    Wow, you guys were busy last night :)

Getting the 8hrs of sleep was actually on my blog last time for an idea, and it seems like that's the next popular choice next to the bath :) So that will be our wellness challenge.

And yeah, the exercise challenge would be something you would chip away at. For example, in my sig I have a ticker that I made that says I want to run 100 miles by Christmas. Obviously I'm not gonna run 100 miles all at once, and I wouldn't expect any of us to do 400-600 squats all at once :P Once we decide on an exercise, that will be posted. Is everyone good with squats? Or does anyone have an issue with doing squats due to knee issues, etc? I'd like to get an exercise that everyone can do.

As for the nutrition, I like the salad idea, but I personally hate salads, haha. That's a terrible thing to say but I've never really liked them. But I'd be willing to eat a salad for a challenge. Ideas?
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Wow, you guys were busy last night :)

Getting the 8hrs of sleep was actually on my blog last time for an idea, and it seems like that's the next popular choice next to the bath :) So that will be our wellness challenge.

And yeah, the exercise challenge would be something you would chip away at. For example, in my sig I have a ticker that I made that says I want to run 100 miles by Christmas. Obviously I'm not gonna run 100 miles all at once, and I wouldn't expect any of us to do 400-600 squats all at once :P Once we decide on an exercise, that will be posted. Is everyone good with squats? Or does anyone have an issue with doing squats due to knee issues, etc? I'd like to get an exercise that everyone can do.

As for the nutrition, I like the salad idea, but I personally hate salads, haha. That's a terrible thing to say but I've never really liked them. But I'd be willing to eat a salad for a challenge. Ideas?

How about a salad wrap? Chuck whatever salad on it, sauce and chicken or something?
    Think that would be okay? (I hate salads too eeeek!) lol
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Does anyone here struggle with late night snacking?
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    Does anyone here struggle with late night snacking?

I don't, but I used to.

What I do from time to time is to have at least 6 small meals a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and snack). If you feel like you are hungry you might want to get some nuts (pistachios, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds (pepitas), pecans, walnuts, pine nuts, macadamia nuts, chestnuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts). If you like nuts, then you can have 10 to 15 for a snack. (I love cashews) :D