hm_day Support Group

Options

Replies

• rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am not good with salads either but, we can make it a warm salad or have some wraps. What I do to give it a different flavor is to add 'pico de gallo'.

I think the 8 hrs of sleep should be good. Well, it is said that we should be getting about 6 to 8 hours of sleep a day. I do that from sunday to friday, saturday is the day I enjoy watching tons of movies or preparing lunch and dinner for my parents or go out with my friends.

I started with squats (3 sets x 12 Reps) and biceps curl (3 sets x 15 Reps), and 20 minutes on the treadmill of intensive interval workout (1 minute walking, 1 minute running).

I have 29 days without smoking. :D
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here struggle with late night snacking?

I sometimes do. Some days are better than others, but it depends. If I eat back my exercise cals, my cravings tend to subside. If I haven't eaten a lot, I tend to want more to eat, which is just human nature. But I try not to eat after 8pm. At this point, my body simply isn't hungry at that point, no matter how much I've eaten.

And I like the idea of the salad wrap! Pita bread is good too to put salad stuff in. It's like having a sub. :)
  • tristahenry
    Options
    I love the idea of large number exercises to be done over two weeks. We could also do something like that on a larger scale, say 10,000 squats for the group. A food challenge could be to pick a type of food (say, salad) that you don't generally enjoy eating and find a way to prepare it so you enjoy it. I tend to pick up a fruit or veg from the farm that I've never eaten before and experiment. That's how I've found out I love kale and almond flour.

As for my progress, I'm going to wait until we start a new week's challenges since I just got in on this group. But I will say, I'm doing quite well today and have totally hit my water goals (yet I"m still SO thirsty!). Regarding my exercise, since I'm out of commission because of an injury I'm still struggling to find something I can do without aggravating it. I'm thinking cross-legged push ups but I'll see how that goes tonight.
  • hm_day
    Options
    I love the idea of large number exercises to be done over two weeks. We could also do something like that on a larger scale, say 10,000 squats for the group. A food challenge could be to pick a type of food (say, salad) that you don't generally enjoy eating and find a way to prepare it so you enjoy it. I tend to pick up a fruit or veg from the farm that I've never eaten before and experiment. That's how I've found out I love kale and almond flour.

As for my progress, I'm going to wait until we start a new week's challenges since I just got in on this group. But I will say, I'm doing quite well today and have totally hit my water goals (yet I"m still SO thirsty!). Regarding my exercise, since I'm out of commission because of an injury I'm still struggling to find something I can do without aggravating it. I'm thinking cross-legged push ups but I'll see how that goes tonight.

Since most of us don't really enjoy salads, I'm thinking that would definitely be a great challenge. For example, I would probably eat a salad in a pita bread pocket. Still a salad, just more like a wrap :)

As for exercises, try doing punches. They're great for cardio, but don't engage your lower body.

You can definitely wait to start with the next challenge. Tuesday will be the new week challenge :)

---

My daily report!

Nutrition: 32oz of water.
    Exercise: Hour and a half at the gym, 20 minutes doing 30DS.
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    My Daily Report:

Nutrition: 80oz of water and I am still very thirsty
    Exercise: Squats (3 sets x 12 Reps). Biceps curl (3 sets x 15 Reps), and 20 minutes on the treadmill of intensive interval workout (1 minute walking, 1 minute running).
    Days without smoking: 29

:D
  • hm_day
    Options
    My Daily Report:

Nutrition: 80oz of water and I am still very thirsty
    Exercise: Squats (3 sets x 12 Reps). Biceps curl (3 sets x 15 Reps), and 20 minutes on the treadmill of intensive interval workout (1 minute walking, 1 minute running).
    Days without smoking: 29

:D

The more you drink water, the more you want it :)
    Congrats on 29 days! :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Just busted out another 16oz of water, so now I'm up to 48oz of water :) I might actually make my 64oz tonight, seeing how fast I went through that bottle..
  • hm_day
    Options
    First, my daily report.
    Nutrition- Didn't do too well with the water today, only about 32oz. Didn't even have enough time to drink water during work today.
    Exercise- Ran a mile and did some strength training, plus some walking I did at school.

---

Don't forget guys! Challenges go up tomorrow! I have decided that for the specific exercise, I'm gonna say calf raises. It's a small movement, easy on the legs for those with lower body injuries, and you can hold on to something while you do it, supporting the upper body. Great for the calves and the shins, especially for those who get shin splints, like me. So exercise will be upped to 40 minutes of exercise 3x a week, with, say, 400 calf raises throughout the next 2 weeks.

Nutrition will be to simply eat a salad. Since most of us don't like salads, this will actually be a true challenge for some of us. The salads can be eaten as wraps, in pita bread, or just as a regular salad. Subs don't count :)

Wellness will be.. I'm not sure yet. Deciding between the 8 hours of sleep and stretching at least once a day. What do you guys think?

These will all be broken down in the morning. So far, this is what I've finally decided on. This doesn't mean that we can't do another sort of challenge next time :) The more ideas you guys throw at me, the more I have to go on.
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    Hi all!!!

My Daily Report:

Water intake: more than 80oz of water
    Exercise: Triceps Extension (3 sets x 15 Reps), Hamstring Curl with Dumbbell (3 sets x 12 Reps), Squats (3 sets x 12 Reps). Biceps curl (3 sets x 15 Reps), and 20 minutes on the treadmill of intensive interval workout (1 minute walking, 1 minute running). Why only 20 minutes? Our treadmill is old, so it only let us workout for 20 minutes each time :p (I am going to start going to the gym on thursday) :D
    Days without smoking: 30

Can't wait for our week challenge to start :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    The challenges for 9/13/11-9/27/11!

Nutrition: Eat a salad. May be eaten in any way you like (wrap, pita, etc.)
    Exercise: 40min 3x a week, 400 calf raises (over the course of the 2 weeks)
    Wellness: Get your 8 hours of sleep :)

As far as the calf raises go, just chip away at it. For example:
    9/13/11- Today I did 30 calf raises.
    9/14/11- Today I did 30 calf raises, bringing my total up to 60.

Hope everyone's cool with the new challenges! Have a good day everyone!
  • hm_day
    Options
    So I'm not even gonna bother with a daily report today, because I literally did none of the challenges, lol. Hoping to start over tomorrow, have a salad or a wrap for lunch, and hit the gym after work. Hoping I get 8hrs of sleep tonight :P

How was everyone's day?
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join in!! I guess I showed up just in time for the new challenges!

The calf raises seem like the easiest portion - the salad a day is going to be tough, and so will getting 8 hours of sleep a night.

I'll start today - not sure if I have salad fixin's at home though....

I'm focusing on water, water, water this afternoon!! So far today I'm doing pretty well on my nutrition in general. I had thought I'd get up early and go work out, but that didn't happen. I have a very tough time getting up the motivation in the wee hours to get myself out of bed!! But, I did go exercise after work yesterday. I would have gone tonight except my daughter has a doctor appointment. I did go on a walk at lunch however, and will try to get in another walk this evening.

Thanks for having this group!!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join in!! I guess I showed up just in time for the new challenges!

The calf raises seem like the easiest portion - the salad a day is going to be tough, and so will getting 8 hours of sleep a night.

I'll start today - not sure if I have salad fixin's at home though....

I'm focusing on water, water, water this afternoon!! So far today I'm doing pretty well on my nutrition in general. I had thought I'd get up early and go work out, but that didn't happen. I have a very tough time getting up the motivation in the wee hours to get myself out of bed!! But, I did go exercise after work yesterday. I would have gone tonight except my daughter has a doctor appointment. I did go on a walk at lunch however, and will try to get in another walk this evening.

Thanks for having this group!!

Welcome Melanie! You did show up just in time :)
    The challenges get a little tougher each time. We started off with 20 minutes of exercise 3x a week, and we up it by 10 minutes every time we change the challenges. We're on the 3rd round of challenges this week.

If you look back on the last few weeks, you'll see the challenges. You can obviously still do those challenges. We create them so people will make them into a habit :) And as for the salads, we came to a general consensus that salads suck. That's why I made into a challenge :)

I'll add you so that you can get updates through my feed. And also feel free to add people on here too :)
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    Hi All!! Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Melanie, Welcome!! Glad to have you as part of the group :)

My Daily Report:
    * Water intake: more than 64oz of water
    * Exercise: Triceps Extension (3 sets x 15 Reps), Squats (3 sets x 12 Reps). Biceps curl (3 sets x 15 Reps), and 20 minutes on the treadmill of intensive interval workout (1 minute walking, 1 minute running). :D 40/400 calf raises
    * Days without smoking: 31
    * Wellness: Going to sleep around 10pm
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    nice challenge... eating salad is gonna be a tough one for me. but I can do it :) I also like the calf raises. we gonna get some sex calves after these two weeks :) haha
    sleeping 8 hrs a day... we'll see about that one, i am used to 5-6 hrs a night.

good luck to all
  • hm_day
    Options
    nice challenge... eating salad is gonna be a tough one for me. but I can do it :) I also like the calf raises. we gonna get some sex calves after these two weeks :) haha
    sleeping 8 hrs a day... we'll see about that one, i am used to 5-6 hrs a night.

good luck to all

It's gonna be a tough one for all of us. That's why it's a challenge :)
    I like calf raises because they're easy but effective. I have really strong calves and mine hurt after doing calf raises, haha.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    My Daily Report (9/13):
    * Water intake: Yikes! I really slacked on my water today - unless tea counts?

* Exercise: I have to modify my calf challenge since I can only manage one leg (unless I want an unusually large left calf and puny right calf) so I'm shooting for the same goal in wide grip lat pulldows. I managed 30 yesterday. As for other exercise I spent my day at work and in class so I didn't get anything in.

*Salad: Got a salad in with lunch yesterday, nothing exciting but got the job done. I'm gonna have to beef up my salad choices for interest and nutrition.

* Wellness: Not successful at all, went to bed around 11 and had to get up every few hours to check on the pump (my property is flooded and we're trying to avoid water getting into the house).

Also I wanted to share a mini victory - I have had a bag of M&M's in my purse for the past week that I grabbed for class one day and I haven't even had the urge to eat them. Thinking of tossing them.
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm liking it here on this site so far! Lots of nice people here.

Ok, challenge-wise....was water part of it? I think it was previously and then it just continues on, huh? Well, I'm down in that area from my personal goal. Had about 6 cups of water - so 48 ounces. I like to aim for a gallon and then if I fall a little short then I'm still getting a good amount. It seems to really make a difference for me if I get that morning latte' or not, so today I didn't get one and I will focus on the water.... And I do believe tea counts, doesn't it???

I didn't get in the salad last night. FAIL on that one! No excuse tho...veggies are so not my strong suit. Hey, can it be a fruit salad?! LOL...probably not.

I did 30 calf raises last night -- so 370 to go!!

I went to bed with plenty of time to get my 8 hours in...the only thing is that I wake up now and then throughout the night. But getting to bed in time is the main thing I guess....

Today is off to a good start so far. I have a meeting here at work in a while so I need to get ready preparing for that. See you all later!!
  • kassette
    Options
    Ergh, I hate salad :( damn you! looking forward to the calf raises though!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Here's my daily report so far.
    Nutrition: I ate my salad with lunch. The dressing was kinda gross though and I knew I was making a horrible face when I ate it, haha. It's school dressing, whaddya want from me?
    Exercise: Walked all over the frickin' place today. And then I did an hour of strength training. And 75 calf raises.
    Wellness: *counts* Exactly 8 hours of sleep, if you don't count the fact that I also get up a few times during the night.

--

All of these challenges have potential to become personal goals. They're not group challenges once the 2 weeks are up, but you can continue to log them if you'd like :) Look back on all the challenges we've done and incorporate them into your life!