hm_day Support Group

Options

Replies

• rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I fell sleep around 7pm and wasn't able to log in to post my daily report, so here it is:

* Water intake: 64oz of water
    * Exercises: Treadmill, 20 minutes; Elliptical, 20 minutes; Rowing, 10 mints; Bicycling 17 mints
    * Days without smoking: 46
    * Crunches: still 140/1000
    * Had Kashi - Golean Crunch! - Honey Almond Flax for breakfast with yogurt.
    * Wellness: I did some stretching after working out :)
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Ugh, so my daily report. I went to Topsfield Fair today, which is just an annual fall festival. I had fried dough but I probably burned off a majority of it by walking. Plus, I didn't really eat THAT much otherwise.

Had a bowl of cereal for breakfast.
    Walked around for a good 4hrs today (only counted 2) at the fair; no crunches.
    No stretching.
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    Today was more like a rest day for me.

* Days without smoking: 47
    * Had oat meal for breakfast and a slice of cheese.
    * Going to do some stretching before going to bed :)

Have a wondeful week everyone! :D
  • hm_day
    Options
    Okay, so as some of you may know, I'm hypoglycemic, or I have low blood sugar. Sometimes when I'm getting sick, it's hard for me to stabilize my sugars.. but it also occurs during TOM, which is due any day now. So.. my eating was a little haphazard today. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

Had a bowl of Lucky Charms this morning.
    Did an hour of strength training (full body circuit machines), 300/1000 crunches.
    Stretched for about 5-10 minutes after workout.

How was everyone's weekend?
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    Today was an OK day for me. (Feeling just a tiny bit down because I am stuck in 180lbs and don't know what to do to bust my metabolism)

* Days without smoking: 48
    * Exercises: all cardio (rowing, elliptical, treadmill and bicycle)
    * Had Kashi - Golean Crunch! - Honey Almond Flax and Kellogs -Corn Flakes- (50/50) for breakfast with milk (2%).
  • hm_day
    Options
    Today was an OK day for me. (Feeling just a tiny bit down because I am stuck in 180lbs and don't know what to do to bust my metabolism)

* Had Kashi - Golean Crunch! - Honey Almond Flax and Kellogs -Corn Flakes- (50/50) for breakfast with milk (2%).

Try zig zagging your calories. Have a day or two where you go over your calories by a little bit, and then have days where you're a bit under and then days where you're right on target. It tends to work for me :)
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options

Try zig zagging your calories. Have a day or two where you go over your calories by a little bit, and then have days where you're a bit under and then days where you're right on target. It tends to work for me :)

I'll try to do that. Thanks :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    I went over my calories a bit because I didn't end up going to the gym. But it's okay, off to the gym tomorrow :)

Nutrition: Lucky Charms :)
    No exercise today and no stretching.
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    Another OK day for me. I still dont know what to do to boost my metabolism.

* Days without smoking: 49
    * Exercises: elliptical and treadmill
    * Breakfast wasnt as good as I wanted it to be
    * I'll try to do some stretching before going to bed.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Okay, so as some of you may know, I'm hypoglycemic, or I have low blood sugar. Sometimes when I'm getting sick, it's hard for me to stabilize my sugars.. but it also occurs during TOM, which is due any day now. So.. my eating was a little haphazard today. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

Had a bowl of Lucky Charms this morning.
    Did an hour of strength training (full body circuit machines), 300/1000 crunches.
    Stretched for about 5-10 minutes after workout.

How was everyone's weekend?

My husband is hypoglycemic and he loves his lucky charms in the am... when he's feeling especially off with his sugars he aims to add a slow burning sugar in with his sugary cereal (like a slice of PB on whole wheat crackers) so he doesn't crash. He doesn't (technically) have TOM to contend with but it helps him to balance out. AND btw... I want lucky charms now!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Usually a bowl of Lucky Charms keeps me pretty well "sugared" up until lunch, but wouldn't ya know, the night I posted that, TOM showed up! I try to keep my sugars up as much as possible, but I need my snacks. The Simply Smart fat free and Over the Moon fat free milk have enough sugar in them that it really helps a lot. But I also love my protein like my eggs and peanut butter :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    I was kinda bad today.. Had a Hershey's Moose Track ice cream cone. It's day 2 of TOM, the day my cravings are usually the worst. And I caved. But not as bad as I usually am :)

Nutrition: Lucky Charms breakfast :)
    Exercise: One hour of strength training, 400/1000 crunches.
    Did some stretching :)
  • tristahenry
    Options
    SO TIRED! And to make it worse I know I won't even walk in my front door until 8:30pm. Then I have to make and eat dinner before bed. Is it bad mojo on MFP to plan on skipping dinner?
  • hm_day
    Options
    SO TIRED! And to make it worse I know I won't even walk in my front door until 8:30pm. Then I have to make and eat dinner before bed. Is it bad mojo on MFP to plan on skipping dinner?

You really shouldn't have a full meal after 7pm since your metabolism slows down at night. I suggest having something light like toast or a yogurt in place of a full meal :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Another 2 weeks gone already! I know it's early to be thinking about it, but we start the next week of challenges this Tuesday! Anyone have any ideas so I'm not pulling stuff out of my butt this time? :)
  • rosaidamiddleton
    Options
    I am going to leave my daily report andmorrow I'll let you guys know what has being going on with me.

Another OK day for me. I still dont know what to do to boost my metabolism.

* Days without smoking: 51
    * Exercises: elliptical, crosstrainer and treadmill
    * Breakfast: kellogs corn flakes and golean honey almond flax corn flakes with milk
    * I'll try to do some stretching before going to bed.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Another 2 weeks gone already! I know it's early to be thinking about it, but we start the next week of challenges this Tuesday! Anyone have any ideas so I'm not pulling stuff out of my butt this time? :)

A few thoughts... find a new form of exercise to love that you don't already (yoga, rowing, boxing, swimming, etc) and aim for 3 times per week. Choose an ingredient (pumpkin or leeks) and post a recipe here for a best recipe vote. Since we did abs these past two weeks do backs to balance out bodies? I'm always a fan of the "for me" challenges... stretching, meditating, writing, etc. You always have great ideas!
  • hm_day
    Options
    I like the writing idea. I use my blog a lot for on here, but what does everyone think of maybe starting to keep a journal just for yourself? You don't have to post what you wrote about in your journal but maybe just say like "I wrote in my journal today" as the daily update?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    What are lucky charms? :S
  • hm_day
    Options
    What are lucky charms? :S

They're a sugary delicious cereal :) No, they have like, regular oat pieces and then they have these "marshmallow" pieces that are shaped like different things. The character for it is a leprechaun, haha. They're sooo good.