Replies

• njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Super emotional here today, guys. Like, wanting to punch a wall kind of emotional.
  • meowthania
    Options
    Super emotional here today, guys. Like, wanting to punch a wall kind of emotional.

:( Hope everything is ok! what's bothering you??

(sorry I will be on a bit irregularily the next couple of days, but I do care!)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Just stressed! Relationship trouble, mainly. I need a punching bag :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Gonna go sleep off some of this anxiety :) See you guys in the AM!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Morning all! What's everyone's plans for today?
  • Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    I need to grab some breakfast and jump in to my Turbo Fire 30 before the day gets away from me. Going out to eat with family this evening...crosing my fingers I will be good! It's a Creole restaurant. I will look up the menu prior to going.

I want to add something else...maybe walking on the treadmill since it's still over 100 degrees outside. I have gained weight this week! I am hoping it's from my body adjusting to the Turbo Fire workout (muscle??) or fluid. Either way...I can't let that distract me!

Moving on..

Have a great day everyone! HM...sorry about your relationship issues...when I was going through similar issues...it actually gave me strength to focus on exercise..burned off my anger/anxiety.

Good luck!
  • hm_day
    Options
    I need to grab some breakfast and jump in to my Turbo Fire 30 before the day gets away from me. Going out to eat with family this evening...crosing my fingers I will be good! It's a Creole restaurant. I will look up the menu prior to going.

I want to add something else...maybe walking on the treadmill since it's still over 100 degrees outside. I have gained weight this week! I am hoping it's from my body adjusting to the Turbo Fire workout (muscle??) or fluid. Either way...I can't let that distract me!

Moving on..

Have a great day everyone! HM...sorry about your relationship issues...when I was going through similar issues...it actually gave me strength to focus on exercise..burned off my anger/anxiety.

Good luck!

Invest in a tape measure to take your body measurements. That will give you more accurate results :)

And it's okay. Like you said, it gives me the strength to focus on the things I need to do to keep myself healthy. I don't tend to eat my emotions (never did, not sure why), but I do tend to kind of overthink things and stress myself out way more than I should. Stress is SOMETIMES good for the body.

Today, my plan is to pick out paint for the trim at my dad's house, so gonna spend some time walking while doing that. I need to burn off some calories so that I can eat a real dinner :)
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    After all the hard work in moving stuff between homes I did not feel so guilty indulging. But did so in moderation. Home= India :) the land of festivals (and think yummy butter dripping delicacies and sweets ;) )

Emotional stress specially from relationships is my problem area too. But learning to smile at myself and give positive thoughts a priority. Do read 'The monk who sold his Ferrari'. It may sound a cliche advice but it did help me :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Kierra - You've been working hard, you should not feel guilty about having a little indulgence! After I have been super healthy and exercising every day this week, I know I'm probably going to go over my calories for today. But I haven't had anything super unhealthy so I keep that in the back of my head :) I've just had sort of heavy meals.

And thanks, I'll read it :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Just busted my *kitten* at the gym to get those extra calories for dinner :) I feel fabulous!
  • fb1960
    fb1960 Posts: 23
    Options
    Alrighty, thanks for the link and I will check here often!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Awesome! Good to have a guy on here :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Good night everyone!
  • cdc33
    cdc33 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello all just thought I share how my day went with giving in to much. I bought some cookies for the kids of coures :P but I ended up eating 8 of them Im still with in my daily goal for calories and such but I feel guilty for indulging a little to much Okay I also had a pizza pretzel and havent gone over. I guess I feel guilty because for the past month and a bit i have been eating really health. Any how just needed to confess talk to you later and Im glad there is a group for support. Cheers all
  • meowthania
    Options
    Hey Cdc - don't be too strict with yourself. It's ok to have a "cheat" day once in a while, no one on this site will judge you for it (especially not me...I'm certainly not perfect)
    What kind of cookies did you buy?
    I'm a huge sucker for the Peek Frean LifeStyles Vanilla Bean Latte cookies...3 cookies for 140 calories, and they taste amazing.

and Pizza Pretzels are heavenly...mmm :)
  • stefnicole
    stefnicole Posts: 106
    Options
    HM - thanks for the invite! I'll try to check in regularly!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Hello all just thought I share how my day went with giving in to much. I bought some cookies for the kids of coures :P but I ended up eating 8 of them Im still with in my daily goal for calories and such but I feel guilty for indulging a little to much Okay I also had a pizza pretzel and havent gone over. I guess I feel guilty because for the past month and a bit i have been eating really health. Any how just needed to confess talk to you later and Im glad there is a group for support. Cheers all

Like meowthania said, don't feel guilty! If you've been eating healthy and this isn't a daily occurrence, then there's nothing to worry about. Everyone has their cheat days :) It's good to see you on here, hun!

Stefnicole - Welcome to the group!!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Ugh, Monday's creepin' up on us again. Anyone have any good weekend stories to share? :)
  • Suzieqt81
    Suzieqt81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on this topic...looking forward to reading and contributing...