hm_day Support Group

Options

Replies

• Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    Well I went out to eat last night...and went over my calories for the day. I need to learn to downsize my choices. But it was all very good!

Today is the Turbo Fire Core 20 class/Stretch 40 class...:-) ~ this will complete my first week of Turbo Fire!

Then I am off to the pool to relax for a little bit.

How is everyone else doing today?
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Suzieqt - Welcome! We talk about a little bit of everything here and no one will judge you so how much you share is up to you! :)

Keemeri - As long as it was good, that's all that matters! And awesome about the Turbo Fire! You're doing great!

I went to see my difficult boyfriend today and we had a fairly civilized visit, lol. Not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day.
  • meowthania
    Options
    I went to see my difficult boyfriend today and we had a fairly civilized visit, lol. Not sure what I'm doing for the rest of the day.

Better a difficult boyfriend than a difficult husband...I'm struggling to not kill mine...
  • hm_day
    Options

Better a difficult boyfriend than a difficult husband...I'm struggling to not kill mine...

Uh-ohs! Just go for a walk to get away from him for a while. It seems to be difficult-ville for men this week, it's okay :)
  • meowthania
    Options

Uh-ohs! Just go for a walk to get away from him for a while. It seems to be difficult-ville for men this week, it's okay :)

Yeah, not sure what's up his hoo-hoo, but he's just been a miserable jerk the last few days. I think we are moving in the right direction again after I had a good cry and he felt terrible.

Unfortunately, because we haven't been really seeing "eye-to-eye" my workout room did not even get started on this weekend :(
  • hm_day
    Options
    Meowthania - Yeah, when I saw my boyfriend, I basically told him that he's been a miserable pain in the *kitten* and then he apologized and we were okay. For now :) Guys overall have just been strung out this week. The communication in the world is all out of whack, haha.
  • hm_day
    Options
    Okay, so now that we have a pretty regular crew on here, why don't we come up with some challenges for the group? Anyone have any ideas?
  • meowthania
    Options
    How about some challenges to meet certain food intakes - like '2 fresh vegetables a day and 2 fruits a day" or something like that?
    (I was reading on this lifestyle coaching website people should aim for 4 fruits per day and 5 vegetables - serving size approx 1/2 cup)
  • hm_day
    Options
    How about some challenges to meet certain food intakes - like '2 fresh vegetables a day and 2 fruits a day" or something like that?
    (I was reading on this lifestyle coaching website people should aim for 4 fruits per day and 5 vegetables - serving size approx 1/2 cup)

That's a good idea! I've lately been trying to aim for at least one veggie and one piece of fruit per day. I'm not a huge veggie person but I loooove fruit. Which reminds me! I have cantaloupe in the fridge! :)
  • meowthania
    Options
    So maybe run that for a month, and we can always add in a second one like "exercise minimum 20 minutes 3 times a week" or something, just little things to get people (myself included) motivated and making healthy goals/get started. I know my biggest downfall right now is lack of exercise, but I'm working on it!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Yeah, we should have a nutrition challenge and an exercise challenge. I posted a status to see if people come and give any input, and from there make a final decision. Then I'll make a final post with the official challenges, and I think we should probably run a new one every 2 weeks instead of a month, just so people find it easier to stay on track (including me!).
  • meowthania
    Options
    Yeah, we should have a nutrition challenge and an exercise challenge. I posted a status to see if people come and give any input, and from there make a final decision. Then I'll make a final post with the official challenges, and I think we should probably run a new one every 2 weeks instead of a month, just so people find it easier to stay on track (including me!).

Sounds good! I think 2 weeks is a good time frame too - usually it takes 2 weeks to form a habit, so we may start changing lives :wink:
  • hm_day
    Options
    Well, I will give it until tonight for everyone to come up with something, since we're all in different time zones and such and I know a lot of people tend to log on long after I've passed out for the night :) So tomorrow we can all come to a general consensus, and we'll get to them all no matter what!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Ok, looks like this is the challenge :)

ATTN: We're going to have biweekly challenges (as meowthania said, it takes about 2 weeks to form a habit) and we can decide on the next challenge at any point. There will be one nutrition challenge and one exercise challenge. Since we're starting on a Tuesday, we'll change challenges every Tuesday. So our first challenges, from 8/16-8/30 --

Nutrition: Eat at least one fruit and one veggie per day.
    Exercise: Exercise for at least 20 minutes 3x a week.

I also have a Dr. Oz weekend challenge posted in my blog if anyone is interested in trying that this weekend :)
    Good luck!
  • meowthania
    Options
    Awesome :) so in!

not sure I can do the weekend challenge...hubby is very insistent upon staying up RIDICULOUSLY late on the weekends and sleeping in later. but...maybe down the road I can convince him to be more ...better.

Also - name is Angelika :) feel a bit silly being called "meowthania" all the time...it's one of my MMO character names...lol
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Day1:

Fruit- Sweet Lime and 1/2 Apple plus a slice of Papaya
    Veggie- Raw carrot, 1/2 Raw cucumber, 1 Tomato

Exercise- Low to moderate impact around 40 minutes total

I hope this format is ok for daily reports? :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Day1:

Fruit- Sweet Lime and 1/2 Apple plus a slice of Papaya
    Veggie- Raw carrot, 1/2 Raw cucumber, 1 Tomato

Exercise- Low to moderate impact around 40 minutes total

I hope this format is ok for daily reports? :)

That's perfect! And you don't necessarily HAVE to do daily reports, but it definitely helps to see who's actually doing the challenges :)

And Angelika, that's awesome. I feel a little better calling you by your real name than a username, haha. But I know some people don't like to have their real name shared.

Ok, my daily report :)

Fruit: Banana
    Veggie: Lettuce, tomato SAUCE lol

Exercise: one hour of cardio and strength at the gym
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It keeps me on track too!! :) I feel it's an extra motivation to hand in the finished 'homework' at the end of the day with 'I did IT...Woohoo!!!' :-)
  • hm_day
    Options
    It keeps me on track too!! :) I feel it's an extra motivation to hand in the finished 'homework' at the end of the day with 'I did IT...Woohoo!!!' :-)

Definitely! I've been kind of bad today, but I also have been WAY under my calories the last few days so it's not too bad, lol.
  • meowthania
    Options
    Ok, I'm reporting in!
    Yesterday fruit: 1/2 cup of blueberries, a small nectarine, and an apple
    Yesterday veggies: 1/2 cup cauliflower, 1 cup sweet red peppers

Exercise - walked to the movie theatre (approx 15 minutes each way)

Today!
    Fruit: 1/2 cup of blueberries, 1 small nectarine
    Veggies: 1 cup of cauliflower, raw carrots and tomato...probably more veggies to come!
    Exercise: 30 minute walk on my lunchbreak (still need to log this)