Me...In a DRESS! A little Before and During! (130 lbs lost)

Options

Replies

• Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    You are doing AMAZING!! What an inspiration!! You look beautiful but the dress is definitely too big, looks like you need a SMALLER size! Whoot whoot!! :drinker:
  • tummybegone
    Options
    Great job!
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wowwwww Fantastic job girl! Your looking super hot already!: :)
  • heyydanie
    heyydanie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Congrats!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! YOu look great!
  • phoenix1414
    Options
    Wow! Awesome!!! Kudos to you! Keep it up!!!
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone... the dress is definitely too big! You are pretty much an inspiration...
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You're lookin' great!
  • LizaTice
    LizaTice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You inspire!!
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing!, what is working for you? I lose a pound and gain one in a day or two.
  • JenCM
    JenCM Posts: 195
    Options
    Thank you all!!! :)

I know it's hard for me to see how far I've come...I just can't kind of imagine what it'll be like if I can get to Onederland and even better, when I can get to my first goal weight. :)

What's working for me someone asked? Nothing secretive, or hard or special. I was a junk foodie...And I cut it all out. I drink only water and tea usually (the occasional Diet soda..I used to drink a 2 liter of Mt Dew a day it seemed). I cut my processed foods low. I try to get my carbs from whole grains and good natural things. Don't eat a lot of bread, etc. I do eat a lot of fruits, veggies and lean meats. And I exercise. Sadly, sometimes I don't have the time or opportunity to do as much as I'm aiming for....I try to get in 30 minutes, 4-5 days a week at least. Even if it's just doing the Total Gym in the living room!
    And one thing I did differently this time, than any other time I tried to lose weight and failed is - I don't have "cheat" days, and I don't torment myself by not eating what I want sometimes. I'm married into a food loving family, eating out and them cooking bad stuff is part of my life....and there are times we go somewhere that I really want something I don't usually have. Like my favorite mexican place....I always let myself have the fajitas there, eat my tortillas and rice and split a Flan with my MIL! lol. But I move on from that splurge by my next meal and get back on track. Sometimes it's hard and I struggle, but I don't give up because I went off my eating plan. Which is something I've done EVERY other time. Every other time I was losing, I'd have "cheat" days and go nuts eating badly and those cheat days, turned into cheat weeks. And I made myself feel so horrible for eating something that was less than good for me, that I told myself I was a failure and I deserved to be fat and would always be fat. =/ And I'd gain back whatever I'd lost and more. It didn't help I also struggle with being an emotional eater.
    But this time, I've let myself have those treats, in moderation, when I've wanted them REALLY badly - and I've found less sugary alternatives as well. Usually I'm fine. But I'm human and sometimes I do really want some pizza, or to go to a Tea with my MIL and have finger sandwiches and tarts and tiny bite size yummies, so I let myself and I tell myself that I'm not a FAILURE because I still enjoy that food and ate it! I didn't get fat by eating something I liked now and then, I got fat by eating to comfort pain, I got fat by eating everything I wanted everyday. Two slices of pizza didn't put me over 350 lbs....However eating an entire MEDIUM pizza, breadsticks and a bottle of soda, did.
    I just try to live more in moderation. Those foods and good stuff that my tongue loves, will always be part of my life. I just don't let them control it anymore. :)
  • JenCM
    Options

Your dad is probably jumping up and down right now...you look fantastic! I can really see a huge difference in you. CONGRATULATIONS on doing this and getting through what sounds like a lot of pain along the way! It takes a lot of strength for both of those things.:flowerforyou:

Thank you. I really hope he is. I miss him so much....I'm still not over all the hurt and I never will be. But luckily I'm no longer locking myself in the house and trying to smother the pain with food.
    I really hope to make my little brother proud now! :)
  • JenCM
    Options

Your dad is probably jumping up and down right now...you look fantastic! I can really see a huge difference in you. CONGRATULATIONS on doing this and getting through what sounds like a lot of pain along the way! It takes a lot of strength for both of those things.:flowerforyou:

Thank you. I really hope he is. I miss him so much....I'm still not over all the hurt and I never will be. But luckily I'm no longer locking myself in the house and trying to smother the pain with food.
    I really hope to make my little brother proud now! :)
  • SeattleLady
    Options
    You are AWESOME! This encourages me SO MUCH! I can't believe how amazing you look! Thank you for being so brave to share with us, and know that you ARE DIFFERENT! Not only on the outside, but the inside. Don't let that mirror (inner voice) lie to you anymore! Your body is your friend. It talks so softly you have to really learn to listen to it, but it is your friend and wants the best for you. No more talking to it like it has done something wrong or is your enemy. LOVE yourself. You are dear.
  • stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Jen - - you are doing an amazing thing for yourself! Keep up the good job. Very inspiring.
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    that dress is waaaay to big! Yippeee!

I'm with her! :bigsmile: You look wonderful!!

Great job!!
  • joysette
    joysette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good for You,
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Inspirational pictures and numbers for us newbies thank you for sharing them.

But really that dress way too big, you need at least one but more likely two sizes smaller. Get another dress and take anothe piccy. :)
  • neoblues856
    Options
    Awesome AWESOME!! Keep up the great work :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!