who is YOUR favorite Author?

Options

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    i LOVE Dean Koontz, John Saul, Elin Hildebrand, Jennifer Weiner, V.C. Andrews!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    And I just finished the book "The Help" that they based the new movie off of, highly reccomended!
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    Franz Kafka and Sylvia Plath. Everything I've read from them has been brilliant!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Toni Morrison
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Do poets count? :) Cause if so, I have a million..
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Chuck Palahniuk and Dean Koontz
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    F Scott Fitzgerald and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Robin Hobb
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    jodi piccoult and ian rankin... but also love louise bagshawe and candace bushnell
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Karen Kingsbury!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Jerry Jenkins, Tim LaHaye, Eric Wilson, Glenn Beck to name a few.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    And I just finished the book "The Help" that they based the new movie off of, highly reccomended!

Great! I was wondering that before.....if anyone had read it......I have got to check it out!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Do poets count? :) Cause if so, I have a million..

ABSOLUTELY :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Okay, then. Favourite author - Kurt Vonnegut Jr and favourite poet - ee cummings
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Frank Herbert, Anne Rice (minus her brief foray into overtly Christian Literature), and Edgar Allan Poe to name a few :) If poets count I also love William Wordsworth and Thomas Parnell
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    A nod to the Piers Anthony fans-there are a lot of us out here but we tend to lurk :) Plus he has the poor fortune to be an author that really pulls you into the fantasy genre but then you move onto others, so he's not as well-mentioned.

My current favorite author is Jim Butcher - fantasy noir. A good description is one review that said "Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Philip Marlowe". 13 books out, ~11 to go and he puts them out about one a year. All but the latest audio books are read by James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) if you are into audio. Latest by John Glover (Lionel Luthor, Lucifer).

Patrick Rothfuss is another favorite. His first book 'The Name of the Wind' was so good I was glad I'd discovered it late and only had to wait a year for the next one. I think the final book in the trilogy is years away but will be oh so worth it. Old school fantasy genre.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Manly P. Hall
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have too many to even try to list. I go though novels/plays as if they are air. I have a few top faves...mostly classic authors...and a few contemporary. Lol. It's nice to look at everyones list and get a new author to enjoy.
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a book reader, but I really enjoy Mitch Albom and Nicolas Sparks.