Replies

• summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done. I will be adding on 6 week to a six pack tomorrow
  • goals111
    goals111 Posts: 15
    Options
    One....more.....day!!! I worked out earlier than usual and then destroyed my calorie count for the day. Welp, back on the wagon tomorrow. I just had the munches for some reason. I may even get up early just to hurry up and complete the 30 days. Level 3 is CRAZY stress on my knees, but I endured without much modification. Good luck to u all and please do what is best fir you to keep yourself safe-- no injuries!!
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

I have not checked in and I have missed Jullian for 2 days. Sucks that life happens sometimes. I am forcing life back to normal sometime today. A quick run down beside grandma passing away, the funeral was yesterday and she has been laid to rest. Wednesday night while letting my dogs out, my oldest dog (14 in human years) got severally attacked by another dog. Actually I was babysitting my BF parents dog while they were in NY for the funeral and he attacked my dog. I dont know why but it was really bad. I have been caring for him around the clock with meds every 4 hours and flushing his wounds and hot cold packs on his legs that are swallon. Plus Vet visits and still going to work. Its a mess.

Sorry, I know this is a forum for 30DS and since I have missed 2 days I want to get back on track. Today would have been the last day on level 2 so my question is do I pick up where I left off or make up to 2 days before advancing to level 3? Although I hated taking the break my knee's are feeling better. ***** Thanks for listening*****

Kim, it's been a rough several days for you. I'm so sorry about your dog. I have a SUPER soft place in my heart for dogs!
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Mornin' Shredders!!

OK Day 26 L3D2 is done!!! I really thought this was day 27, slightly bummed that it isn't. I need to go buy a set of 8's because the 5's are just too light for some of the stuff. This was definitely the best day so far, All the walking pushups AND all the plank rows. I have some hip issues that make the side planks deadly painful for me, so I've switched them out for plank twists or bicycle crunches.

All in all, not a bad start to the day!

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Ok so although I have missed 3 days I went ahead and advanced to level 3. (i am going to make up for my 3 days at the end) I can feel the 3 days off but the break for my joints were nice. It did get my right knee hurting again. It is alot of jumping which is what I think started causing the knee pain. But I have continued to loose weight so that is a good thing. I have not taken measurements yet. I still do not see a big difference in my waist. I think after this I will do the c25k. I really need to build up some of my cardio.

Keep on keeping on!!!!!!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Day 10 of level 2 done. I think i'm going to take tomorrow as a rest day and start level 3 on tuesday.
  • darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm just checking in. I've done L2D3 today. It is getting easier, I must admit. It's not easy, though, I'm completely drenched when I'm done working out.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I tried to do the 30DS and made it to day 11 & then I started to limp because of an old knee injury...

So i started over with all of you... made it farther, L2D9...

REALLLLLLLLY hoping Level 3 isn't hard on the knees because actually started to limp the last two days again =(

Any advice on what to tweak on level 3 so it's not hard on the knee?
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I've been day on, day off since thur, so behind a few days than I could be. So D6 L2 tonight.

I'm doing 11 days on each level, due to doing 11 days level 1 as I didn't want to progress to l2 one night when I was super tired.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    L2D7 done. And I still hate chair squats and V raises...but I can do more of them now. Have any of you put any thought into what you'll do when this is done? I'm looking for another workout to do...any ideas would be helpful. Kimtp...sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your dog. All the best to you and your family in what is clearly some difficult times! Glad to see you are still sticking with us!

I just bought a kettleball today so i'm hoping to move onto a workout that includes it.

There's actually a 30DS with weights.. that says that you need a kettlebell as a supply. Just sayin'!! :)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    L2D10 Done! Burned 294 Calories. Burned about 40 calories less than normal tonight??? I wonder if it's because Level 2 finally felt easy today... Too bad it was the last day of Level 2 =( I was started to enjoy it & not hate it anymore... scared for level 3!
  • goals111
    goals111 Posts: 15
    Options
    I really put in 100% the last workout this morning. I thought I was going to pass out; but I didn't. L3D10 completed and I'm officially a shredder. Only -4 lbs (which is awesome for me), but def see a difference in my body. This lady has you sweating profusely!! It's worth it though. Next time will be with rest days and probably alternating with something I like: Zumba? TaeBo? Bicycling?
    Maybe I'll even dust off my treadmill again, although I can't get as much bang for my buck there.
    Keep pushing on shredders!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I was ready to call it all quits tonight, but bf said no, I must do it.

Do D6, L2 done
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I really put in 100% the last workout this morning. I thought I was going to pass out; but I didn't. L3D10 completed and I'm officially a shredder. Only -4 lbs (which is awesome for me), but def see a difference in my body. This lady has you sweating profusely!! It's worth it though. Next time will be with rest days and probably alternating with something I like: Zumba? TaeBo? Bicycling?
    Maybe I'll even dust off my treadmill again, although I can't get as much bang for my buck there.
    Keep pushing on shredders!

Wow well done for finishing :) I've had to give up cos of a bad arm but planing to do the whole thing in October. Good to see it is finishable!!
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Day3 Level1
    This is killing my lower legs, not my knees which is what everyone else is reporting. All around my shin and calf is just so painfull. The ache is terrible so I end up spending short bursts doing the arms but just walking. I'm going to see about foot wear as I'm doing this bare foot which I *think* may be the cause. Although I'm on a rug which is on a carpet so I would have thought that would take the stress, but maybe not...
    Being honest, I'm starting to hate Jillian...and Anita...and am tempted to 'phone it in'. I'm just allergic to exercise I think! When I'm doing the punches I am most definitely aiming them at her face (nothing personal Jillian).
    Didn't do it yesterday as I felt shattered, but I will complete this shred even if it kills me, which is a possibility.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day3 Level1
    This is killing my lower legs, not my knees which is what everyone else is reporting. All around my shin and calf is just so painfull. The ache is terrible so I end up spending short bursts doing the arms but just walking. I'm going to see about foot wear as I'm doing this bare foot which I *think* may be the cause. Although I'm on a rug which is on a carpet so I would have thought that would take the stress, but maybe not...
    Being honest, I'm starting to hate Jillian...and Anita...and am tempted to 'phone it in'. I'm just allergic to exercise I think! When I'm doing the punches I am most definitely aiming them at her face (nothing personal Jillian).
    Didn't do it yesterday as I felt shattered, but I will complete this shred even if it kills me, which is a possibility.

Definitely try shoes, there's too much bouncing and foot bendin' planks to not give your feet a little support. I have found that I pretty much tune Jillian out by this time.
  • cmDaffy
    Options
    Day 27 L3D7 is done! I was a little worried because I woke up twice with a low blood sugar, but it actually went well! After all these planks and pushups, I better have some KILLER shoulders when all is said and done. I was hoping to do some measurements, but I can't find my tape measure. At least I have a few more days to find it...

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • lbtewksbury
    lbtewksbury Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've missed a couple of days, but decided to move on to Level 3, I'm excited, it was definitely time for a change, and I do feel stronger. I am going to add some days at the end to make up for missed days too. Starting to see the promise of abs!!!!!
  • SaraStanton
    Options
    I made it t L3D1 and had to stop. My right knee is in some serious pain and now swollen. My husband said it looks like "Water on the knee" whatever that is so I am calling my Dr. today to see when I can get it. I am really sad that I have to stop. I was doing so good and feeling great about myself regardless of seeing the scale move. I don't know what I can do now. I think it was the pendulum lunges from L2 that did me in. Even though I took them slow I never felt balanced or that I was really doing them right.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Finally knocked out last day of level 2 and did level 3. I like to run the end of a level and beginning of one together. Kind of psyches me up because if I can do them back to to back then I can surely do the new level by itself.

I had to change some of the jumping moves for the sake of my knees. My good knee started to pop :( Maybe I can do them tomorrow when I am not doing both days but I will not beat myself up if I can't. I hope to get back into jogging soon and screwing up my knees completely will ruin that.