30 Day Shred Group- August (Part 2)

Options

Replies

• darina23
    darina23 Posts: 114
    Options
    Great job ladies! Everyone is doing great! I'm glad to have a supports group that helps me keep going!
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm so far behind most of you but that is Ok. I just finished L1D2 I was so sore going into it and I was like f**k squats LMAO. The whole time though my son (4) was clapping for me and saying "Bravo mama Bravo" he is my biggest cheerleader <3
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Level 2 sucks... I think I do modified versions of the modified revisions LOL

Yet I burn about 30+ more calories on this level than I did on Level 1, and I take WAY more breaks. Not understanding that at all. I feel lazy while I'm doing the work out because I know I'm not even close to do everything right =/

L2D3 DONE! Burned 338 Calories Bleh!

When I was done with Level 1 I had a lot of energy. When I got done with Level 2 the first few days I was exhausted after. Today is the first day that I feel some energy after.
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I was fine after D1 of L2, but last night afte D2, I was like "omgiwannadie". It was way harder. I'm going inbetween Natalie and Anita, whereas with L1, it was mostly Anita. Taking more quick breaks. Hard. Keep going.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I havent checked in since Saturday. There was a death in the family so its been alittle hectic around here but I have managed to get my work out in yesterday and today. It is all down hill from here. My breaks are much shorter and far and few inbetween on this level. I have to admit I am counting down the days that this is over. :-)
  • passionteaaddict
    passionteaaddict Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi all... i've not been good at checking in but am still shredding.

L2D5. i agree with some of the others... level 2 is kicking my butt! am hoping with more sleep tonight i'll be ready to handle it tomorrow. my knees are definitely not happy so i am modifying here and there. 15 more days!
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Day 15

Level 2 / Day 8 Complete

Back to level 2 today. I'm avoiding Level 3 like the plague because its all strength and little cardio for me. I wub cardio.

So, we're exactly at the halfway point and I'm about 8 pounds lighter. My arms are getting "cuts" and the backs of my thighs are like rocks, lol. You can also see the beginnings of a 6 pack coming in. Curious to see how I'll look after the remaining 15 days.
  • SaraStanton
    Options
    New to the group but also on day #15, Level 2 Day #5. Level 2 is certainly harder than I thought but I also a great workout! I can actually do the cardio and not give up but the planks are kicking my butt! I can see definition in my lower stomach and that is awesome. I am not losing as much as I thought, only 2lbs so far but I feel great. I feel the slower I lose the easier it will be to keep it off! Happy Shredding!
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    L2D4 408 Calories burned... that's a record for me!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    L2D5 complete. had a very long and exhausting day so it wasn't by best workout but i gave it all I could. ended up half way rolling my ankle during the sliders..ugh i hate my ankles :(
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I wish I had a HRM so I knew how much I was burning but they're so expensive!

I just log it as about 300 I think, though surely yesterday would have been more than that!
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was bored so I did Level 1 in addition to completing Level 2 earlier. I have boredom/attention issues...

And one more thing...I'm starting to gain weight. My body is turning from smush to 'firm" so I can't complain.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I was bored so I did Level 1 in addition to completing Level 2 earlier. I have boredom/attention issues...

And one more thing...I'm starting to gain weight. My body is turning from smush to 'firm" so I can't complain.

Muscles weighs more than fat, so you may be burning the calories, but it could be replacing the fat with muscle. Could explain why you're gaining.
  • dids01
    dids01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know i'm still behind you guys but I'm sticking with it D7 L1 done, plus I had a go at level 1 6week 6 pack too that was hard, some of the moves I couldn't do so subbed them for other exercises.
  • aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    Did my fourth day of level 2 today. Still sweating like mad and unable to do the plank exercises at the Natalie level but I did manage a few of each before going back to Anita! Have decided to mainly stick with Anita for first 5 days of each level (with the bits I find harder - mainly plank, I'm fine with abs and most cardio) and then try to move up to Natalie. I need stronger shoulders!!
    I don't have a HRM sadly so don't know how many calories I'm burning. I've been logging as 20mins circuit training but from what people are saying it seems too low - annyone else around 150lbs and want to tell me how much they burn at level 2? :)
  • AiJahya
    AiJahya Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We closed on our first house yesterday and have to move this week! I'm not sure how on earth I'm going to fit in a workout, considering that I'm usually too tired to move by the end of the day. Yesterday, I painted walls for about 6 hours, so I guess I'm going to consider that exercise. (I put it in as "light cleaning" and MFP said I burned 900+ calories). Between moving things, painting, and cleaning I'm sure that's pretty accurate.

I might go back to level 1 for the next few days then start up with level 2 again! I wish this was easier. :(
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I havent checked in since Saturday. There was a death in the family so its been alittle hectic around here but I have managed to get my work out in yesterday and today. It is all down hill from here. My breaks are much shorter and far and few inbetween on this level. I have to admit I am counting down the days that this is over. :-)

Kim,
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Whoa MAMA!!! First day of level 3 done! Can you say, "plyometrics kick my butt!!!"? :sad: It was fun, don't get me wrong, but after the plank rows even my hands were killing me from the pressure of the weights..... I did love punching with them, didn't like attempting to do jumping jacks with them.

ROCK ON!!! :tongue:
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    L2D3 is now complete...the sweat keeps rolling off. I am glad after the first set of exercise to see Jillian wanting to take a few extra seconds after the abdominals, makes me feel better. I will have to say I enjoy the plank moves...I really hate holding plank position so to be able to move makes me happy. :laugh: I really have not lost weight (not gaining either) at this point but am losing inches.
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Kim I am sorry for your loss.

I woke up early and did L1D3. I finally feel the soreness going away which is good because I could barely walk yesterday. I was having a neck issue with the back of my neck and just doing this DVD has helped it so much already.

First NSV is my work out pants are starting to get loose (and started sliding off my butt)
    Oh and I lost 1.4lbs too