OREOS

Options

Replies

• jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Put the package on the floor, and do the macarena on it. See how fine you can make the oreo dust.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Stop being a drama queen is step one.

I'm simply asking for advice.

My advice would be mostly to muster some self control. That's all it takes. Just remember for each one of those cookies, you're putting yourself more at risk to not reach your goals, or making it harder to do it.

No ****.... obviously she is looking for a bit of encouragement to do so. Maybe your comment just struck a nerve like when people say to loose weight just eat less food.... if only things were that simple we would all look like middle linebackers.

Simma down, champ, have an Oreo, it'll be OK.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Put the package on the floor, and do the macarena on it. See how fine you can make the oreo dust.
    oOo...perfect for the crust of a chocolate cheesecake
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    tell someone in your house to hide them from you! lol

my dad always puts the cookies in the pantry and i never really go in there so i don't see them.
  • amontroy1
    Options
    Lol! I'm sorry but it's true...if that is you in your profile picture it doesn't look like you really have much to worry about but I see all these people posting ideas and you have been shooting them all down. Obviously you want them more than you want to stop eating them. Your mom isn't pushing them down your throat part of controlling your weight and your own life is having self control when it comes to eating. My sister buys the gallon tub of ice cream and EVERY night she eats a huge bowl of ice cream loaded with sweet stuff and would I love to do the same? YES! buuuut I control myself because I know that eating that will not help me lose the next 10lbs...self control my dear.
    Stop being a drama queen is step one.
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Can everyone please stop being so rude. She has to have the oreos, but doesn't want to eat them. Why do you all have to beat up. PLEASE!
    Some real advice. you need to get a boyfriend and move in with him. Then you will only have cookies when you go visit.

Am I the only one that finds this kinda creepy :frown:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is not to cut Oreos out completely but learn to eat only one or two. A day. And eventually every week. SELF CONTROL! The only way to get around it. And try to avoid them. Mom hides them. Don't try to find them. If you find them immediately put them somewhere else you won't find them. I always put stuff in cupboards when it's unhealthy because "out of sight, out of mind" always works for me.

Nobody is going to give you self control so you're going to to have to learn on your own how to see an Oreo and not eat it.

As funny as it is, I remember back when I was 10 and we were doing a course about drugs and alcohol and the cop was giving us a lesson on addiction. He gave us all a small container of chips. First we had to look at them, then smell it, then eat ONE chip and not touch the rest. It's also a great way to teach self control. :P
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Hi, 1994 called, it wants its pop-culture reference back. Thanks.

What happened to getting off?!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Hi, 1994 called, it wants its pop-culture reference back. Thanks.

What happened to getting off?!

Yeah, I ditto that question.
  • HollieDoodles
    Options
  • HollieDoodles
    Options
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Can everyone please stop being so rude. She has to have the oreos, but doesn't want to eat them. Why do you all have to beat up. PLEASE!
    Some real advice. you need to get a boyfriend and move in with him. Then you will only have cookies when you go visit.

Am I the only one that finds this kinda creepy :frown:
    Yes.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Oreos!
    My wife still buys them as my Son loves to have a couple with a glass of milk when he gets home from work.

If you cannot resist the temptation. Do the math. Check the calories on the bag and eat what you want as long as you do not go over your daily calories. When I did this it trained me very quickly that eating better food helped me avoid hunger pains. And, when I eat well I feel better.

In the end it is up to you to decide how to proceed.

BTW - I cheat every now & then (as I suspect most people do) and I will have a small glass of milk and a couple of cookies. But, I always try to keep within my daily allocated calories.

Good luck!
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I cant... anybody wanna help me?
    Really? 29 years and you haven't figured it out yet...
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I think i am going to go buy some Oreos now. Thanks for ruining this program for everyone.
  • Azzrielish
    Azzrielish Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You're getting all kinds of crappy advice. This works. Eat nothing but oreo's until you are sick of them. Nothing. Do not eat anything but oreos, or eat more than you can stand. Your mind will associate oreo's with something negative (feeling sick to your stomach, or you will just get sick of them). I've never had a craving that I didn't eventually get sick of because I abused it too much.
    I have done this in the past with pina coladas It really works.

LOL - I've done this with margaritas but unfortunately it DIDNT work - apparenlty I have a short memory.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I cant... anybody wanna help me?
    Really? 29 years and you haven't figured it out yet...

Ehhhhhh I don't have any of my Golden Girls DVDs at the office, so um, it's not very easy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQzUEc_FmI - this should get you...started.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Ehhhhhh I don't have any of my Golden Girls DVDs at the office, so um, it's not very easy....
    *sings* "Thank you for being a friend
    Traveled down the road and back again
    Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant."
    ^^^ Help?
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQzUEc_FmI - this should get you...started.
    ^5
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    You two are far too sweet.... haha
    :blushing: