Sixers Holiday Challenge - Week 2

Replies

• Ok I'm here!!! LOL

I weighed in on Wednesday instead of Tuesday...I forgot..hehe...and I was down 3 full pounds WOO HOO. I was excited especially because of thanksgiving. :) I'm still trudging forward...sorry I haven't been on much, life is super insane! Work is crazy, life is crazy...but I'll still trying to lose this weight darn it!

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / Progress: 0
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.8 / Progress: +1
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 199.6 / Progress -1.8
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 156.4 / Progress: +0.8
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 168.9 / CW 172.2 / Progress -1.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 150.2 / Progress -0.8
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 211.5 / Progress +0.5
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 156-157 / CW 161 / Progress 0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 180.6 / Progress -2.6
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 195 / Progress +1.0
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 186.8 Progress -3.0

Andrea ~ SW 197 / GW 185
    Katie ~ SW 211 / GW 199

Beautiful losses ladies!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Cass!! Yay! And congrats on the 3lbs! That's fantastic :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

So, today is a HUGE deal for me ladies. I've been weighing in most days still (I know...) and it seems like I've found my groove again as my body is consistently shedding weight again. And this morning, I passed FIFTY POUNDS lost. I'm just so blown away. I mean, I was 2lbs away from that before but actually passing it just feels crazy. That's a lot, right?! Sheesh... AND I'm back in the 160's. That is SO exciting to me!!! So I am feeling so able and so proud and so healthy!

I just had to stop in and tell you guys that :bigsmile: :bigsmile: My little guy isn't feeling well so I'm going back to him now. Poor monkey. We never get sick!!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    YAY RHIANNON AND CASS!!!!!! Awesome job ladies!

Kristen, feel better, i've had a couple root canals and they are noooo fun!!

Okay just a quick hello, sorry but I think I"m with Katy and Deb and I don't know how much I will be able to write the next week or so. but i promise i'm reading and I will weigh in and everything when I am supposed to.

So my mom thinks I'm crazy but I told her i'm bringing my scale home for Christmas break because I am not using hers. It weighed be like 4 lbs. heavier!!! :noway: haha, thought i would share.
  • amylou24
    AHHH almost forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANELL!!!!!!!
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Okay you guys are so awesome! Sorry I have been MIA - I won't make that mistake again - you miss alot! Thanks for the encoraging words... I am dreading tomorrow! = )

Tamm - that is awful about your mom... but if she is as stubborn as my mom.. better tread lightly on the issue.

"He who angers you, conquers you." - That might be my new favorite saying that is AWESOME!!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. And because of that, I have not exactly followed plan today. I wanted an ice cream cake from Cold Stone and my hubby got me one and it tasted GREAT!!!!:happy:

But, he, you only turn 30 once, and it's not like I sat on my but all day. I actually did more than if I was at work sitting behind a desk.

Congrats on your 50+ lb loss Pedal.

Don't worry AmyLou and Deb we understand that school needs to come first, and great job on the loss Cass!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful night.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    So... no exercise today, the schedule was just a little fitzy, and I have a cake to do, so I went shopping instead of working out. But, I did great staying within my calories. I actually ate a different dinner than the rest of the family, because they were having veal parmesan, and I just didn't want to do that to myself. I've been struggling the last few days, seems like I go up a pound every day. I'm not freaking myself out about it, but it has really made me more conscious of all the licks and tastes I take. I have to remind myself as I'm tasting something that a few tastes is about a teaspoon, and 3 teaspoons equal a tablespoon, and 4 tablespoons is a quarter cup. A bite of something someone is eating and a taste of the sauce as it's cooking, and a noodle to see if it's done do add up. Admittedly, small at the time, unchecked, it could really add up.

Anyways, food for the day...
    Breakfast
    Kashi - Go Lean Cereal, 1 cup 140 cal
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 0.5 cup 45 cal
    Total for breakfast: 185 calories

Snack 1
    Slimbody Matrix - Protein Shake Mix, 3 tbsp 140 cal
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze - Original, 8 fl oz 60 cal
    Libby's - Pumpkin, 1/4 cup 20 cal
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 0.2 tsp 1 cal
    Spices - Nutmeg, ground, 0.1 tsp 1 cal
    Total for snack 1 222 calories

Lunch
    Fresh Vegetables - Avocado - Raw, by the Ounce, 2.5 oz 125 cal
    Bear Creek - Soup - Tortilla, 2 cup 220 cal
    Total for lunch 345 calories

Dinner
    Generic - Center Cut Boneless Pork Chop, 3 oz 160 cal
    Squash - Winter, spaghetti, cooked, boiled, drained, or baked, without salt, 1 cup 42 cal
    Jilberts - Fat Free Skim Milk With A &D, 1 cup 90 cal
    Pillsbury - Dinner Rolls - Butterflake, 1 roll 160 cal
    Total for dinner 452 cal

Total calories consumed: 1,204
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: -4
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Oh my fellow Sixers.... I have had a rough night. Just finished binging... up to just shy of 2000 calories eaten today. I feel physically sick. Mentally, I HAD to eat it. No idea what set me off. Reasons for this are churning through my mind. Maybe I'll figure them out. Weigh in tomorrow will be no fun, but it's okay. I'll make it through this and get back on track.

PettMyBunny- you are so good to eat a separate dinner from the family. That is one of my hardest nightly chores... making a dinner we can all eat. Also, I think the holidays put me on edge. As happy as they should be, I just get :grumble: and :sad: .

AmyLou- I'd totally take my own scale too:laugh:

Pedal- CONGRATULATIONS!! I am sick with jealousy (combined with sick from binging). I was so close to 50lbs gone and I've let it slip away. You'll be my motivation... I gotta catch back up. Congratulations girl!! You have earned this one!

Cass- kickass on the 3lbs loss!! YAY!!

Allie - thanks darlin'! I don't know if it's Seasonal Affective Disorder or just a bad mood. Thanks for reminding me I can talk to you guys. :flowerforyou:

Kristin- hope your root canal went well!! I fear that myself.

TJones- oh Subway sounds sooooo good. Did you end up having Subway? *droooool*
  • PedalHound
    Thanks guys :heart: :bigsmile:

Aw Lauryn, I feel for you. :flowerforyou: It's so hard to feel low. Just remember how much 44lbs is! That is seriously an incredible accomplishment!! Maybe try to harness the feeling you have right now and bank it for your next opportunity to make a choice. Remember how good you feel when you're on the right track? And think of how you feel right now... I know sometimes it helps me and sometimes it doesn't but it's worth a try. The most important thing is that you not spend any extra time making yourself feel miserable. You're already fighting a low time, don't add to your own stress :flowerforyou: Just do what you can and remember that you possess the tools to get what you want, and they'll be there when you're ready to pick them back up again. Have faith in yourself my dear :wink:

Time for me to plan tomorrow's meals. I had a nice run tonight outside, just me and my dog. Ava and Leith stayed home with their Dad. It felt AMAZING. I kept looking at my watch at the end of my running intervals to see that I'd gone over by 30 to 60 seconds where at the gym I find myself starting to check just over half way through. And I wanted to keep going! Good times :bigsmile:

Katy, Deb, AmyLou - focus on school... we'll be here :happy:

Shanell & Cathy, great that you did well eating out today and Shanell, you're right - you only turn 30 once. One day will be okay!

Kristin, thinking of you tonight hun. I hope you're feeling okay and managed to get some exercise in. Good for keeping your mind off any discomfort! Hugs!

Hi to everyone else.. muffins need to come out of the oven and I must plan tomorrow! See you for the weigh-in!!
  • PedalHound
    Another late night... sheesh! Well, here's my plan for the day tomorrow:

1: sweet quinoa porridge
    2: orange cranberry quinoa muffin (recipe to follow soon!)
    3: gala apple & chocolate protein shake made w/ skim milk
    4: 1/2 sprouted grain bagel w/ 1 3/4 tbsp almond butter & 1/2 banana
    5: ricotta, spinach & cranberry stuffed chicken breast baked over quinoa (big quinoa day tomorrow!)

Exercise: Either another run or some weights and a DVD at home.

G'night!!
  • rlh0614
    WAHOO!!! 147.4! A 2.8 loss this week. I needed that boost this morning.. Tonight is my holiday party... :mad: Lots of drinks and food there. So I'll happily get us started this morning! :wink:

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 159 / Progress: 0
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.8 / Progress: +1
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 199.6 / Progress -1.8
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 156.4 / Progress: +0.8
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 220 / Progress -4.0
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 168.9 / CW 172.2 / Progress -1.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 147.4 / Progress -3.6
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 211.5 / Progress +0.5
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 156-157 / CW 161 / Progress 0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 180.6 / Progress -2.6
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 195 / Progress +1.0
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 186.8 Progress -3.0

Andrea ~ SW 197 / GW 185
    Katie ~ SW 211 / GW 199
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Quick Good morning ladies!!

Kristin- Hope the root canal went okay!! Keeping you in my thoughts :)
    Shanell- Happy belated bday!! Hope you enjoyed your cake and had a GREAT 30th bday!!
    Rhi- CONGRATS on passing 50lbs lost!!! You are doing so fantastic!!!! Keep it up!!
    Cass- Awesome job on your 3lb loss this week!!! Thats fabulous!! Hope everything is well!

AmyLou, Amy PDX, Deb, Cathy, Tam, Becky, Tan, Robin, Lauryn, Connie, Allie and anyone I missed..I am so proud of you guys' hardwork and perserverence!! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

So for this Friday's weigh in Im at 178.4
    Are we changing our tickers and all that with our Friday weigh ins or just on Tuesday weigh ins??

Well got to get little one ready for school then going to look at places to move to..then home and exercise and clean house for a little bit!!

Have a great day ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • amylou24
    Morning ladies! Quck check in.....

Katy - I change my ticker on Fridays but that is kind of because it helps me to see it move so if I get to see it move, i'm definitely changing it! :bigsmile: I think Tuesdays are still the official challenge check-in though. Kristen is this right??

Well at any rate, I was STOKED this morning when I got on the scale (don't know the last time that happened) it's like something in my body clicked back on track after the holidays which is just awesome. I am down to 154.2 which is down 2.2 lbs. from Tuesday and down 1.4 lbs. from my low that I had before the holidays. I seriously weighed myself 5 times this morning to be sure I was seeing it correctly. haha. AHHHH!!!! Happy dance! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

okay, I"m done. Have a good day girls I"ll check back if I can. :heart:
  • rlh0614
    Congrats Amylou and Katy!! Shanell happy 30th! I just had my big 3-0 last June - didn't bother me tho... I feel like I have earned 30 and hope my 30s are fantastic!

Have a good day everyone.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Morning ladies. I'm VERY sore this morning. No exercise last night and I won't have any today either...that makes 3 days in a row...how crummy!:grumble: Oh well. I will go to spinning tomorrow and Sunday so will be fine! But weighed in a little higher this morning...159.5. I blame it on TOM and lack of exercise the past two days. I'll be lower by Tuesday...I KNOW it!!!!!

Here's the plan so far today:

Breakfast
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Multi Grain Cheerios & Banana, 1 meal 255
    Total breakfast 284

AM snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Baked Apple Spice Cereal Bar, 1 Bar 110
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 12 fl. oz. 0
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    HomeMade - Taco Bean Soup, 2 cup 200
    Jell-O Instant Pudding - Sugar Free Fat Free Cheesecake, 1/2 Cup 25
    Cool Whip - Sugar Free, 2 tbsp 20
    Total lunch 325

Afternoon snacks
    Grapes - Raw, 1 cup 62
    Total afternoon snacks 62

Dinner
    Not sure yet. My little brother (only 13) is in a band and has a gig tonight at 6:30, so it will be home from work and a quick dinner. There's left-over pasta in the fridge, but I will probably just make a big salad with some grilled chicken that I have in the fridge. We will see.

Total: 811
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: 389

Hoping that I can stay within my limit...will do my best with no exercise. Just in a blah mood!

Cass...so happy to see you on here girl! And thanks to EVERYONE for the kind words! I'll BBL!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Breakfast: morning coffee with tons of creamer
    Lunch: Lean Cuisine Three Cheese Rigatoni
    Afternoon snack: 100 calorie pack (chips or chocolate, depending on my mood)
    Dinner: yet to be determined
    Late Night Snack: frosted strawberry Poptart

Daily exercise: not sure... did workout 1 of C25K yesterday, so my poor body needs a light workout today. Maybe a low key cruise on the elliptical. Maybe just some light walking and stair climbing (outside of the gym, in my work parking deck).

I'm hoping I can talk the hubby into Subway for dinner. That sounds heavenly to me. I love their turkey breast sub with heaps and piles of veggies!!

Pedal, thanks for the words of encouragement. I appreciate you taking the time to write that out. I know you must be twice as busy as I am, having two kids and a life, but you still take time for me. Thank you. :flowerforyou:

Kristin, don't beat yourself up. Medical issues that arise must be given time to heal... You can't push yourself to lose weight when your body is in any type of recovery mode, and a mouth surgery counts. Try to eat maintenance. Of course, you sound determined to get back to the gym today, so kudos to you!!

AmyLou, I'm happy dancing with you! Yay!!:flowerforyou:

Katy, when are you moving? Is it a local move?

RLH, congrats on the loss!!! 2.8lbs is a NICE weekly drop!! :flowerforyou:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Hey everyone. :flowerforyou: Congrats to everyone on their Friday losses. I went down a little myself. I lost 1.5 since Tues. But I'll gain it back by this next Tues. I did that last week. I weighed in at 209.5 last Friday and went up to 211.5 by Tues. official weigh in. Oh, well. It's probably the weekends. I do sometimes slack because there is no times for me like when I work. So sometimes I skip breakfast and sometimes lunch so when dinner would come around I would be starving and vegg out. Trying not to do that though.

Anywho. Now I'm working cleaning and moving my furniture around to put up our Christmas Tree. Now I have to go up into the attic and grab the boxes. Ughh.:grumble:

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. I know I will. I love being off work while kids are at school. It's so peaceful and I can do whatever I want. :laugh:

Later,
    Shanell
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Hey all! Quickly checking back...on a short break. Shanell...nice job on the loss! And have faith...you may even lose MORE over the weekend! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Lauryn...thank you. I know it takes time and I am usually pretty good, so I'm not going to worry too much. No workout today, but I'll be back at it tomorrow morning for sure!!!

This weekend may be a little tough for me...starting the christmas baking. BUT I have LOTS of low-cal recipes that I'm using this year, and I will compile them and share with all of you! And I'm going to box a bunch of them up as soon as they are finished to give to friends...so there won't be too many sitting around the house. Wish me luck...cookies tend to SCREAM my name!:laugh:

I'll BBL!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Well I am now 264. 2 lbs down so far. I wish it was more. But I will take what i can get.

Connie
  • rlh0614
    Kristen - I will be doing the bake off this weekend too... so any low fat recipes you come up with will be greatly appreciated.

Connie - congrats!

Becky