Tattoos!

Options
Lets hear from all those inked folks in MFP cyber space. . . . what kind of tattoo do you have? And whats the meaning?

I have a Kanji on my lower left back. It means Butterfly. My late grandmother and mother both called me butterfly as a kid. It was also my first word!

I am still trying to figure out my next tat. I have a few ideas, just not sure where to put it and exactly what it should look like. :-P

Replies

• Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Options
    I have Avenged Sevenfold lyrics on my shoulder blade about siezing everyday you go through because it can all end at anytime and it's also a love song for my boyfriend. I have a dove representing love on my forearm. I have a deathbat on my chest for the band Avenged Sevenfold.
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Hint - There are about 8976689689 other topics similar to this. Search is your friend.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    YUK! hate them why deface a beautiful body with ink..but each to their own!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have a 3/4 sleeve of two koi and some cherry blossoms plus an om on the inside of my arm. The koi are for my boys, a blessing of strength, the cherry blossoms are for youth and the om is personal, which is why it is close to my heart. I have 4 more that aren't as significant.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    if tattoos were organic, i'd like to get a SUN on my lower back because i am certain that i am 'solar powered' =)
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a Zia on my foot this week; the rays mean the four directions, the four seasons, the four stages of life, and the four times of the day. The circle in the middle means everlasting love and brother hood because a circle has no beginning or end.
  • cjbade02
    cjbade02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have in roman numerals my wedding anniversary date (on my wrist), on my lower back I have a shooting star(my "I'm 18 and can do it if I want), on my left foot I have 2 pink footprints for my girls and one blue one with angel wings for our son we lost, and I just got 4 butterfly outlines on my shoulder for all my grandparents and they are all different looking and teh colors are what their birthstones were =)
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I have two- one is an airplane and a cloud - To me the sound of jets in the sky are orgasmic!

On my right ankle: dolphin riding a wave under the moon and stars with two hearts on its nose. I love the ocean, dolphins, being outside with the one i love (hence the two hearts)
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly on my right arm, that I got when I was 15, it meant freedom to me, (I was a wild child LOL) also I have a tattoo on my ankle of the Yin Yang, I was 11 and in Cancun, (didn't really mean much to me then because I was just excited to get one, but later in life that's how I pretty much became, the good and the bad) hahaa =D
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I have a full back piece of Heather75 dressed as Princess Leih holding a spear riding an eagle.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I have a full back piece of Heather75 dressed as Princess Leih holding a spear riding an eagle.

^Winner.
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    -cross with rose on left shoulder (this is going to be redone as Celtic cross with grape vines and John 15:5)
    -my girls' names with hibiscus flowers on right shoulder

have plans for some other stuff but haven't worked out the details yet...
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I just love unicorns and rainbows...i have always wanted a tattoo of a unicorn, but thought how could i make it look cool?

so whats better than getting just one unicorn tattoo?

getting a tattoo of two freaking awesome unicorns making babies in the clouds with a rainbow in the background!

i love my tattooo!

ugly-animal-tattoo.jpg
  • Sj20fame
    Options

^ awesome lol
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have a butterfly on my hip, a cross w/ the words "Undying" thru it on my upper back (It is a double meaning #1 ~ because I believe that I will have a immortal body when Christ comes back and 2 ~ it is the name of my fave song by the Christian metal band, Demon Hunter :)

I have a Luckkenbooth on on my leg with my husband's and my name. It is a OLD Scottish symbol/token of love.

n637039734_1809143_1827549.jpg

34283_406056599734_637039734_4487600_2697440_n.jpg
  • Sj20fame
    Options
    I just love unicorns and rainbows...i have always wanted a tattoo of a unicorn, but thought how could i make it look cool?

so whats better than getting just one unicorn tattoo?

getting a tattoo of two freaking awesome unicorns making babies in the clouds with a rainbow in the background!

i love my tattooo!

ugly-animal-tattoo.jpg

Bahahaha!! You are something else! LOL LOves this!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    First - I'm not sure why people have to comment when they have nothing nice to say or add. Why not just ignore the thread, it's not required that you respond.

Second - I have 2 tattoos! I have butteries and stars on the top of my foot. And on my wrist I have 2 small flowers and a cancer ribbon in honor of my Mom and Dad. My Dad passed away of lung cancer 2 years ago and my Mom is a cancer survivor.
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tattoos right now. I have my daughters name and japenese symbol on my right leg, an infinity symbol on the back of my neck *looks like 2 hearts*, and something on my lower back.
    I love 3 outta the 4. And I have plans for a ton more!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    First - I'm not sure why people have to comment when they have nothing nice to say or add. Why not just ignore the thread, it's not required that you respond.

Second - I have 2 tattoos! I have butteries and stars on the top of my foot. And on my wrist I have 2 small flowers and a cancer ribbon in honor of my Mom and Dad. My Dad passed away of lung cancer 2 years ago and my Mom is a cancer survivor.

I have to agree. They aren't for everyone, I know that ~ but don't sit there and act like you are grossed out because I have a few! Don't like em, move on!!
  • Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Options

I agree. Ignorant, bored, selfish idiots should keep away.