Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Options
    YUK! hate them why deface a beautiful body with ink..but each to their own!!

Each to their own indeed. So don't post negative stuff when there's going to obviously be replies from people who have this kind of thing - you'll get instantly disliked.
  • PaulaAnn143
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos:
    1. Sign language on my ankle
    2. a butterfly and ivy on my chest
    3. mother daughter symbol on my upper back (mom and I got them together)
    4. A dragon and fairy on my right thigh
    5. A cross and a dove with my kids my thru it
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    First - I'm not sure why people have to comment when they have nothing nice to say or add. Why not just ignore the thread, it's not required that you respond.

Second - I have 2 tattoos! I have butteries and stars on the top of my foot. And on my wrist I have 2 small flowers and a cancer ribbon in honor of my Mom and Dad. My Dad passed away of lung cancer 2 years ago and my Mom is a cancer survivor.

I have to agree. They aren't for everyone, I know that ~ but don't sit there and act like you are grossed out because I have a few! Don't like em, move on!!

Thank you both. I'm glad someone said it.
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    I currently have 6 tattoos, and planning on getting more... currently I have:

Celtic Cross on my right arm: cause I'm of Irish decent
    a wolf's head on my left arm: for a good native friend of mine that passed away.
    a trillium done in tribal style: for being Canadian, and cause I thought it would look cool.
    a tribal style pheonix on my neck: cause I like pheonix's
    thorn vines connecting the trillium to the cross, and wolf's head: to show my connection to all three ( Irish, Canadian, and Native)

not sure what I'll be getting next, or where. but I do know I would like to have half-sleeves, and my whole back covered, when I'm done.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have 3

On my hip I have the words "Forever in my thoughts" in Italian for family friends that were killed in a plane crash, and my ex that was killed while deployed.

In the center of my shoulder blades I have "She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom" surrounded by blue clouds. From The Scarlet Letter

On my left wrist I have the sacred heart of christ

annnnnnd when I go to Vegas over labor day weekend I am getting "Ginesthoi" on the outside of my though. Pretty stoked
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    YUK! hate them why deface a beautiful body with ink..but each to their own!!

Each to their own indeed. So don't post negative stuff when there's going to obviously be replies from people who have this kind of thing - you'll get instantly disliked.

You tell em sister!! Why comment at all? The OP didn't ask if you liked them or not? Jeez just don't respond and look for a thread that has something of interest for you!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    6036393458_2be9a6357e.jpg
    foot by scsedey143, on Flickr

I have 3 and none mean anything.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I like ricer fly-bys.

tat.jpg
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Ill just post pics.... thats easier.

My first. tat069copy.jpg Probably the most painful one Ive got.
    backtat.jpg My second. Tree of live and the colored butterflies are my kids birthstone colors.
    IMG02040-20110730-2019.jpg Just got this one a couple weeks ago. Still healing up a bit.

Shoot. I made them smaller. Dont know why theyre so big!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I have a full back piece of Heather75 dressed as Princess Leih holding a spear riding an eagle.

You are awesome.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have 3 tattoos, they dont mean anything to me, i just reallly liked the design so i thought hey lets get it done! ive had 3 since february this year! there soooo addictive!! and i dont think they really hurt. and my pain threshold is really low!

Here are the pics of mine -

1st tattoo - feb 2011:

2pq5eev.jpg

2nd tattoo - april 2011:

20k5h0w.jpg

3rd tattoo - july 2011:

6e0kyr.jpg
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    Going in 2 weeks to get my first tattoo,,3 butterflies the biggest my husbands and myself birthstone colors,the next 2 butterflies with colors done in my 2 sons birthstone colors...They symbolize my family...Super excited..
  • sambustem
    Options
    I have 4. 1 is a band of butterflies around my right ankle; 2 chinese symbols meaning "strength" and "dedication" on my mid-upper back (they are on either side of my scar from back surgery) and 1 tribal 3D sun that has my daugthers names inside it which is in the middle of my back. I'm getting 1 more, someday, of a turtle that will have my son's name in its shell. I love them and if I could have more I would!!
  • supergal73
    Options
    I have a dove on my leg. I love it!! It has two meaning. One: Jesus is always with me, and two: new beginings. When i got it I just broke up with my abuseive ex boy friend.

I dont ever really wanna get huge tattoos, but I wanna get a few small ones here and there, but not for a while. :)
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    I got 10 :) a kanji on my left wrist meaning father, the dates of his birth and death, a bat heart bracelet on my right wrist. an evil jackolanter on my right ankel, a heart with an x though it for a tramp stamp, Domination Per Malum X on my left shoulder blade (power through evil, X is mark of devil on left shoulder blade) SINNER on my neck, looks cut into me, DNR over my heart, do not resusitate, an invertaded pentagram with a goat head, many meanings, im capricorn, pegan, goat is for satan and greek sacifices to the underworld, and 1:11 with bats at hearts for my daughters bierthday on my right shoulder blade
  • AliDarling
    Options
    These will all look great when you're 70.

they sure will. no regrets
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have cherry blossoms on top of my foot, A musical staff in the clouds on my back shoulder, and a food lion symbol on my ankle.

And when I'm 70 I won't care, bc I'll be 70 lol
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    LOVE tattoos! I have a few! I have a cross on my hand, the chinese symbol for luck on my wrist, Thumper from Bambi on my ankle, a J on my leg, a red star on each shoulder blade, a butterfly on my chest and my nickname "Chunkabutt" as a tramp stamp lol, that will b ironic if i manage to lose this weight!!
  • AliDarling
    Options
    cant get any pics up of them. oh well