Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to add photos...

I got my first tattoo just over a year ago, it's a stalk of bearded wheat on top of my right foot/ankle. Both sides of my family come from farming backgrounds, so this was a way for me to show off my roots :)
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Wow! I need to figure out how to add pics. I have 6.
    1, Jimminy the Cricket, for my Grandma, she was granny cricket.
    2, A smurf with Angel wings, my nickname is smurf from my dad, and the angel wings are to symbolize me with my grandma, they are next to each other on my right hip.
    3, A Martini glass, with an olive as the O and an F on either side, the FOF stands for **** o face, it was a saying my late aunt/godmther said. Her favorite drink was very dry gin martinis.
    4. A sun and moon onthe utside of my right ankle, just for fun, I always loved the sun and moon.
    5. The great dane Bubba I had as a kid, a rose under him, and his name. He was my puppy, I'd like to get the 2 chows my fioancee and I had on the inside of the left ankle, a rainbow wrapping around all the dogs and "Gone yet not forgaotten all though we are apart you are forever in my heart" above.
    6. The newest, a celtic cross, and in the center a claddagh, so I will never forget my love faith and loyalty.

I know I will never be able to get tattoos for everyone I love, but they are always with me.
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    I have a verse from the bible translated into Latin on my right inner forearm.

And I just have to mention that there are a lot of douche bags on this website...wow...no wonder I stay of these boards!!
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Figured it out, I think...

vdh6w.jpg
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    bump
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    Figured it out, I think...

vdh6w.jpg

This is AMAZING!! I LOVE IT
  • kippit
    kippit Posts: 78
    Options
    I have an arm "band" on my right arm with a script K in the middle (all my family's names start with K)

And I have a small cross on my left hand in honor of my best friend who died in 2003 and he had the same exact thing
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    And I just have to mention that there are a lot of douche bags on this website...wow...no wonder I stay of these boards!!

Well that's fun?...
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well, just got my first one on Saturday!

2evxpig.jpg

It is the Tree of Life. And although it has many different meanings across religions and philosophies, I'm a humanist and an atheist, so this is a more accurate explanation as to why it's meaningful to me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_of_life_(biology). The representation of "everything on earth is connected" is really what I love most.
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I have one on my lower back that is a gaelic design with a heart and my 2 childrens initals...it represents the love I have for them because they mean everything to me.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have 3.....so far.......and have plans in progress for a major back piece / 1/2 sleave

The first I got is a dove with small stars around it and a reference to psalm 116:15. This is on my stomach. I got this as I lost all 4 grandparents in the space of a few years and I wanted to know they were being cared for once they passed.

The second is a heart in grays and whites on my ankle. This I got because I saw the picture in a shop and loved it so took it straight down to the tattoo studio and got it done.

My third and newest at a few weeks old, is the Goonies skull and cross swords on my inner wrist. Life has been tough in a few areas, works been unsettled, I split with my boyfriend and I'm obviously on this huge journey of weight loss and self discovery. I got the Goonies to remind me that Goonies never say die! and to pick myself up, dust myself off and keep going. I am amazed at how much this works for me and has been a major help since I got it.

I would put the pics on but not sure how "numpty"
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    These will all look great when you're 70.

Well thats fine because there'll be a mighty lot of 70 year old also tattooed.
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I say it this way, when I had my first tattoo I had some one look at me and ask what will you do when you get old, well my first tattoo was in memory of my grandma, and my reply was "My grandma was not perfect when she dies, I will not be perfect when I die, and neither will my tattoo."
    I'm sure most of us have seen or read "the outsiders" Nothing in life can stay Golden.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I thought of this before I got my tattoo-- how it might look terrible when I get older. The tattoo artist I went to said it perfectly. It's really not about how it will look when you get older. It's about having a constant reminder of something meaningful to you. It is more than a picture, an object/material thing, or an experience you may have for just a moment with other things. It is a permanent, personal representation of something in your life that you don't want to forget.
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    I have a tribal butterfly with tribal designs around it on my lower back.
  • sulugirl
    sulugirl Posts: 17
    Options
    I have a bunch and I plan on getting more. Yes, I realize I haven't explained what, where and why - but I tend to do that often enough in a week. I have them because they look awesome and mean something to me. Simple enough answer.
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have four tattoos all together

First one is a rose inside a heart on my right shoulder, second one is a rose on my chest (left side), third one is on my left side of my neck and is a row of stars and the last one i had is my children's names with flowers round them on my right wrist!

Planning to get a half sleve of a peacock on my right arm when i have the money up together to do so!
  • shockrina
    Options
    I currently have 5 tats with plans for more.. (how are you guys posting photos?)

1st - Native American beaded bracelet with feathers on my ankle - For my Native American heritage

2nd - A silhouette of myself doing a dance pose on my shoulder blade. One cousin took the photo, another transformed me into a cat woman - Love of cats & dance

3rd - The Jane Seymour design (open hearts) with love written around the design in four different languages on my left inner wrist. - "Write Love On Her Arm" as well as my different heritages.

4th - The dial on my digital Canon Rebel Xti on my outer right wrist. - love of photography (that's the arm I shoot with)

5th - f/5.6 & 1/250 on the side of my right wrist. - love of photography

Plan to get my first ever camera on my inner right wrist, etc
  • shockrina
    Options
    I currently have 5 tats with plans for more.. (how are you guys posting photos?)

1st - Native American beaded bracelet with feathers on my ankle - For my Native American heritage

2nd - A silhouette of myself doing a dance pose on my shoulder blade. One cousin took the photo, another transformed me into a cat woman - Love of cats & dance

9747563_9678.jpg

3rd - The Jane Seymour design (open hearts) with love written around the design in four different languages on my left inner wrist. - "Write Love On Her Arm" as well as my different heritages.

9747563_401.jpg

4th - The dial on my digital Canon Rebel Xti on my outer right wrist. - love of photography (that's the arm I shoot with)

5th - f/5.6 & 1/250 on the side of my right wrist. - love of photography

9747563_955.jpg9747563_185.jpg

Plan to get my first ever camera on my inner right wrist, etc
  • aliciadenelsbeck
    Options
    I am terrified of needles,but got a tattoo from my sisters now ex- boyfriend who does tatts. I have a mixture of stars and music notes on my right ankle. The stars are to remind me of the words to my favorite quote. " It's not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." and The music notes are because music has gotten me through some of the toughest times in my life and some of which has been a big inspiration to me.