**TEAM PERSEVERANCE- AUGUST CHALLENGE- WEEK 3**(Closed group

Options

Replies

• kjnicol
    kjnicol Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Okay, question, for the recipe, does it have to be our own personal recipe or can it be a recipe we just enjoy doing?
    I'm pretty sure just a recipe that you enjoy. That's what I did!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Yep just a recipe you enjoy Tanya!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    KJ I just logged your weight into the spreadsheet and I am soooo happy for you!!!!!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    1. LORI - Committed to doing 10 miles/Completed 10 miles/ Turned in a turkey burger/sweet potato chip recipe
    2. JULES - Committed to doing 10 miles/Completed 28 miles/Turned in a Steamed Chicken Breast with Citrus and Coriander recipe
    3.Christina - Committed to 6 miles/completed 3 miles (I am the weakest link! ) - Turned in Mushroom Pizzas
    4. Sherri-Committed 15/ finishing today-I did recipe just don't remember what
    5. Arielle - Committed 12, completed 12 (copied from her post)
    6. Cheryl - Committed 6, finished 6, Recipe: Hungry Girl's Upside-Down Pineapple-Applesauce Cake
    7. Heather Committed 5, finished 5, Recipe:Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
    8. Elana - Committed 8, completed 9, Recipe: Breakfast Tostadas
    9. Judy - Committed 5, completed 31.7, Recipe: banana smoothie
    10. Jill - Commited to 7, completed 8, Recipe Shrimp Scampi (above)
    11. Robbie - Committed to 10, complete 10. Recipe was Banana Bread
    12. Reesa - Committed to 5, completed 5, Recipe: Turkey Wraps
    13.Bonnie - committed to 7, completed 7.4, turned in recipe
    14.KJ - Committed to 6, completed 6, Recipe banana pancakes
    15. Tanya - Commited to 6, completed 6, did'nt turn in recipe yet
    16. Cecy - Committed to 25 miles, completed 32. I did NOT submit a recipe, but don't I get brownie points for the extra miles?
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I've got us down as reaching 194.1 miles for the 100 mile challenge!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ROCKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Today.....under cals...over water..... and I did NOTHING exercise-wise...absolutely NOTHING!!! I needed that so much!! I'll be ready to "hit it" again tomorrow!!

I'm SO utterly proud of our team for such a wonderful performance on the extra mileage...incredible!!
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    COPY AND PASTE!!! AMOUNT OF EXTRA CRUNCHES I WILL COMMIT TO THIS WEEK:

1. Lori- 1,500
    2.KJ - 350
    3. Sherri - 1,200
    4. Jill - 500
    5. Jules - 1,200
    6. Arielle - 300 (copied from her post)
    7. Cheryl - 500
    8. Heather- 2,400 I LOVE crunches! I'll do 400 a day... *gulp* I need to push myself!
    9. Elana - 400
    10. Judy - 350
    11. Cecy - 1,500
    12. Robbie - 1200
    13. Bonnie - 200
    14. Reesa - 300
    15. Tanya - 200
    16. Anina - 600 for the week now I have 500 to go
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    So my afternoon nap has affected my sleep this evening and I'll likely be feeling it tomorrow, but for now, here's the link to a blog where I put together all of the recipes our team has submitted:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fitnhealthyccthatsme/view/good-eats-team-perseverance-137035

If I've missed anyone or posted incorrectly, feel free to let me know. I'll edit to add any future recipes. :-) Nite Nite now.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELENA & ANINA :drinker:

No eating too much birthday cake now!!!!
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    Lori

I stayed the same this week :sad:
    Just as well I've upped my game!!!
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    1. LORI - Committed to doing 10 miles/Completed 10 miles/ Turned in a turkey burger/sweet potato chip recipe
    2. JULES - Committed to doing 10 miles/Completed 28 miles/Turned in a Steamed Chicken Breast with Citrus and Coriander recipe
    3.Christina - Committed to 6 miles/completed 3 miles (I am the weakest link! ) - Turned in Mushroom Pizzas
    4. Sherri-Committed 15/ finishing today-I did recipe just don't remember what
    5. Arielle - Committed 12, completed 12 (copied from her post)
    6. Cheryl - Committed 6, finished 6, Recipe: Hungry Girl's Upside-Down Pineapple-Applesauce Cake
    7. Heather Committed 5, finished 5, Recipe:Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
    8. Elana - Committed 8, completed 9, Recipe: Breakfast Tostadas
    9. Judy - Committed 5, completed 31.7, Recipe: banana smoothie
    10. Jill - Commited to 7, completed 8, Recipe Shrimp Scampi (above)
    11. Robbie - Committed to 10, complete 10. Recipe was Banana Bread
    12. Reesa - Committed to 5, completed 5, Recipe: Turkey Wraps
    13.Bonnie - committed to 7, completed 7.4, turned in recipe
    14.KJ - Committed to 6, completed 6, Recipe banana pancakes
    15. Tanya - Commited to 6, completed 6, did'nt turn in recipe yet
    16. Cecy - Committed to 25 miles, completed 32. I did NOT submit a recipe, but don't I get brownie points for the extra miles?
    17. Anina - Committed to 10 miles, completed 15 - recipe was a bunch of vegies chucked in a bowl which formed a salad ;)
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week. I am at 148.
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Okay, here is the recipe that I enjoy very much:

Diner Meat Loaf 'Muffins'

Sit down to a meat loaf in a half hour with this recipe. Serve with steamed green beans and roasted potato wedges for an at-home version of a blue-plate special.

Yield
    6 servings (serving size: 2 "muffins")

Ingredients
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 cup finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    5 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cup ketchup, divided
    1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
    1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
    2 tablespoons prepared mustard
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 large eggs
    Cooking spray
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.

Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.

Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:276 (28% from fat) (It may be even a little less calories because I changed the recipe to chicken from beef, I think chicken tastes better in meat loafs)
    Fat:8.6g (sat 3g,mono 4g,poly 0.8g)
    Protein:28.7g
    Carbohydrate:21.7g
    Fiber:1.8g
    Cholesterol:131mg
    Iron:3.9mg
    Sodium:759mg
    Calcium:48mg

Enjoy!
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am down 1 lb. this week! :)
  • sumjoy
    sumjoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds this week. Looks like business trips are good for weight loss.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THOSE UPDATES!!!!

I'm sorry Jules, hang in there!!! I know that feeling.

****THANK YOU CHERYL FOR GATHERING ALL OF OUR RECIPES AND PUTTING THEM IN THE BLOG****
    Too Wonderful!!!! Loved waking up to that!

I will be off and on today so if you message me and it's taking too long for me to respond please text me: 417-217-0625

Here is your Monday Challenge:

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    CW: 229

I'm up 1 lb. Which is better than the 4lbs I was up mid-week last week. But that's what I get for letting life get to me, and making poor choices. *sigh*. Going for a better week this week!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    CW: 229

I'm up 1 lb. Which is better than the 4lbs I was up mid-week last week. But that's what I get for letting life get to me, and making poor choices. *sigh*. Going for a better week this week!

You CAN do it Christina. I know it's hard. I've been where you are. A mother who puts everyone else ahead of herself till one day you realize you HAVE to put Momma higher up on the list.

Love your new profile pic! MAKE CHRISTINA NUMBER ONE TODAY. You will become stronger because of it!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    This is tough to post but here it comes... There will be a new challenge in September. I have decided to be a captain BUT the criteria to make one of the 9, now only 8 spots left on my team will be TOUGH. Due to the fact that I was once severely obese and a heart attack waiting to happen, my heart lies with those struggling with obesity.

You can send me your request but I will want your height and your weight included and why I should put you on the team. I will be looking at your BMI number and choosing based on who needs an intervention the most. This has ZERO to do with wanting to actually win the challenge. This has EVERYTHING to do with SAVING YOUR LIFE.

You MUST be willing to complete all challenges, report daily, and weigh in weekly. Please do not offer to join if you are not serious about it!! Here is the link to the info post from Gary. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317595-september-tribal-challenge-1000-people-5000-pounds
  • PandaFit450
    Options
    50 Squat Kicks - done
    3 sets of 12 Woodchops - done
    Water - done
    Under cals - done

200 Ab crunches towards team challenge - done