Fidelity

Options
12346»

Replies

• Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    We actually have what some would call an open relationship. We both would say we've never cheated on each other, because whenever anyone else is involved it's consentual between the two of us, and we never participate without the other person there. I find that this really works for us, and most likely would for most relationships if people can get over their insecurities and jealousness. It actually has made us so much closer and stronger. This kind of relationship takes a lot of communication and honestly, and we've grown so much since we opened up that part of our lives. If you look at things statistically, it is estimated that roughly 30 to 60% of all married individuals (in the United States) will engage in infidelity at some point during their marriage. And these numbers are probably on the conservative side due to the secretive nature of "cheating". Close to half of all marriages end in divorce and ususally it's due to the fact that someone develops an emotional or physical attachment to someone else, due to the issues within the marriage. Taking that chance for the need to cheat out gives us better odds. :)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I got involved with someone right after I moved out of our house. Filed for divorce then my husband decided he wanted to act right. So I withdrew the papers and ended my involvement with another man. I guess that means I cheated.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I was a prolific cheater when I was with my ex. I was unhappy, young and couldn't see a way out. I ended it after 5 years and a year later met my current boyfriend. We've been together nearly 2 years and I would never even think about cheating on him. Love him to bits and I'm crazy about him! 
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I was married for 16 years. He cheated on me with one of my very good (now ex) friends. They hid it from me, denied anything. He left me for her, moved in right away. They still deny anything happened. I'm not stupid. Don't care if it's physical or emotional - if you give yourself to someone else while married/in a relationship with another, that's cheating.

It nearly destroyed me...until one day I woke up and made the decision to not let it destroy me. I lost a very, very good friend, a husband, and a family - all in one fell swoop. In the actions of two selfish people, three lives were disrupted and nearly destroyed. My children were devastated.

Three years later, we're all very happy. Not because it was meant to be, but because I made a CHOICE to be. I've moved on and am happily in another relationship. However, I won't ever get married again. I just don't see the point of making promises that you don't have to keep. I can make those same promises without the legal binding.

And no - I've never cheated. Not once. :-) I'm golden.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Married 8 years and counting -- faithful.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Will be married for 2 years on August 28! Been faithful and will continue to be faithful! :drinker:

Thats my anniversary, but it'll be 19 years! Happy Anniversary!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Twenty two years of faithfulness as of October. I adore that man!