My Tribe- Challenge Sept 2011

Options

Replies

• IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I didn't get any exercise (regular or challenges) yesterday.
    My knee was still bothering me from the day before.
    BUT... I WILL get my buns in gear for today.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    i lost 2lbs this week. i am so happy. :drinker:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    Options
    i lost 2lbs this week. i am so happy. :drinker:

Way to go!!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    Options
    Sorry team... I did not do my exercise challenge today.
    We've had cold weather move in and it's affecting my breathing.
    (I have asthma).
    About 7 years ago I had my first episode.
    I was brought into the ER and they diagnosed me with reactive airway disease.
    But I haven't had insurance in over 2 years so I don't have anything
    but a rescue inhaler which only helps for a little while.
    Hopefully I can get back on Advair soon.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    Sorry team... I did not do my exercise challenge today.
    We've had cold weather move in and it's affecting my breathing.
    (I have asthma).
    About 7 years ago I had my first episode.
    I was brought into the ER and they diagnosed me with reactive airway disease.
    But I haven't had insurance in over 2 years so I don't have anything
    but a rescue inhaler which only helps for a little while.
    Hopefully I can get back on Advair soon.

my mom daughter n sis have asthma. and i no it can be horrible, and i m sorry to hear that u r down. u get better. and i did all my challenge, water and calories and again lost 2 lbs. happy dance i m doin. sorry.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Date: Thursday, September 15, 2011
    Calorie goal: 1200
    Calories consumed: 727
    Calories remaining: 473
    Water: 112 oz
    Exercise Challenge:yes and I jogged 40 minutes

Date: Friday, September 16, 2011
    Calories consumed: 1149
    Calories remaining: 51
    Water: 118 oz
    Exercise Challenge: not completely, but I did other calisthenics for 35 minutes, lifted weight for 44 minutes and jogged 7 miles, 70 minutes sorry team I cant do all that jumping and toe scrunching
  • terrie98
    Options
    DOUBLE CHECK IN!

I completed everything yesterday---water, calories, exersice

I completed exercises for today and will complete calories and water as the day goes on.

WEIGH IN: 184.8 --Loss of 0.4 Hey...it's something :)
  • IMYarnCraz33
    Options
    I am doing todays challenge--no excuses.
    To be honest, it almost feels like it's opening my lungs
    they don't feel as heavy after doing the wood chops. =)
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    Date: Tueday, September 1e, 2011
    Calories consumed: 1185
    Calories remaining: 15
    Exercise Challenge: yes and jogged 7 miles, 70 minutes

love ur pic cool. :~p
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    did all my calories water challenge exercises. hope all is having a amazing weekend. missing hubby last weekend for horsepulling. sorry to say finally.
  • femmemusicale
    femmemusicale Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm good for all of the challenges this week, but failed on calories on Wednesday and Friday. Sorry, team! Back on track now!
  • cklbrown
    Options
    Date: Saturday, September 17, 2011
    Calories consumed: 995
    Calories remaining: 205
    Exercise Challenge: yes plus jogged 9 milies. Exercised 179 minutes
  • IMYarnCraz33
    Options
    Week 4 challenges are still not posted.
    I know Gary had a run (he ran a HELL RUN) so he may have forgotten.
    We will see.
  • horsepullerlovesme
    Options
    did my make up challenges from tuesday and did water and calories. crappy day today but stayed under cheat day today. hope u all had a great weekend. hey i was wondering where is lantern823? if u dont mind me asking? missing her.
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    all my challenges are done for the week-water goal met. Went over calories on Saturday...sorry!!
  • cklbrown
    Options
    Date: Saturday, September 19, 2011
    Calories consumed: 1179
    Calories remaining: 21
    Water: 136 oz
    Exercise Challenge: jogged 9 miles. Exercised 188 minutes
  • IMYarnCraz33
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 –PYGMY SERIES

Week 4 Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 4 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 100 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 2 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 35 Split Squats, 2 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT!

Weekly Team Challenge - as a combined team effort attempt to reach a goal of an additional 2000 crunches. For a team of 10 that would be an additional 200 crunches per team member over a span of 6 days! As always water, calories!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FOUR Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 4 we’re are stepping it up to another level!Raise those spears!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Four Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week! If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches. You hate me now but you'll love me come October!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    Options
    Gary6030 did really well on his Hell Run over the weekend.
    Gary is the person who started the Tribal Challenges. He truly is an inspiration and motivator.
    This is what he had to say:

640 416/684 268 Gary Butler 41 44:08 13:35 I placed 640 our of 1402 people.
    I placed in the top 30% for my age group of 40 - 50 year old men.
    I've never been more proud of myself in all my life. For once in my life I was passing people
    instead of people passing me. It was harder than I expected in some ways and easier in most.
    I never got out of breath....I was able to run the entire race and conquer every challenge!
    I almost fell off the top of the 30 foot wall but the Lord caught me. I don't know how else to explain that...
    I really thought I was a goner. More fun than I imagined and I'm so very very excited about the June 2nd
    Warrior Dash in Logan Ohio in 2012. I hope you will all join me there for my team! My PC crashed and
    I was off on Friday so I did kind of disappear from MFP but not intentional!
    Thank you everyone for your words of inspiration, kindness and motivation! I love you folks very much!
    RAISE YOUR SPEARS WE"VE GONE TRIBAL!
    And now to edit my profile to say GOAL MET AND SURPASSED! WOO HOO I DID IT!
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    Day 1 of week 4 complete-under calorie goal and made water goal