Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed Group) - Week 4

Options

Replies

• JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Finally fell asleep around midnight and got up around 7:30am. What a difference I feel today!!! :bigsmile:
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's Open House Day was loaded with munchies provided in the Teacher's Workroom. I skipped the breakfast provided since I already had eaten.:happy: I thought I was doing pretty good until a church came by with a loaded platter of homebaked cookies (my weakness). I DID NOT HAVE A COOKIE!! at all!!! I snagged a couple of bananas, grapes, and a strawberry instead. Woo Hoo:bigsmile: Now for the confession... I went out to eat with my grade level peeps, and had already decided in my mind it would be a turkey sandwich. That ended up being a turkey club:ohwell: It gets better... yesterday was "Free Brownie Tuesday!!!" and you guessed it! They brought out a brownie with the meal!! I ate half the brownie and threw the rest away. That is SO unlike me! (to throw away food - especially food I want!) Overall, I feel like there is a NSV in there somewhere.

completed 20/70 crossover crunches so far

Krisitin ~ You are doing it!!!!!! Way to go!! That's how those skinny people eat they only eat 1/2 or a few bites. I know what you mean about throwing food away that is so yummy. I have a friend who has lost 30 pounds with exercise and just eating a portion of her meal. We had lunch together last week. We were going to split but decided we were hungry so we ordered salads...healthy ones....I was shoveling it in soooooo good. She was half way done and put down her fork. I said...are you done??? She said yes, that's how I am losing!!!!! Oh man.......I ate alittle more then I finished too and was totally fine!!!!!!

Way to go!!!! Happy gettting back to school!!! You are a saint being a teacher - I hope those kids treat you right this year :flowerforyou:
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    Well I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night. Haven't started my crunches yet but I plan to get a big chunk of them done after work today! I'm off on holidays for the rest of the week and going to visit family so I'm a bit nervous about gaining but I plan on getting a few runs in while I'm away and I'm going to bring lots of healthy snacks for the 6 hour drive!!
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Well I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night. Haven't started my crunches yet but I plan to get a big chunk of them done after work today! I'm off on holidays for the rest of the week and going to visit family so I'm a bit nervous about gaining but I plan on getting a few runs in while I'm away and I'm going to bring lots of healthy snacks for the 6 hour drive!!

Don't forget your water :wink: Do your best and don't beat yourself up!!! How long have you been running? I just signed up for a running class. I am scared! I don't really like running, but what the heck. I have signed up for a Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon...which I can walk with no problem...but I need to run some of it. I might even like it! Maybe I can run my butt off :laugh: When you get back from VK/Holiday maybe we can talk.

Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FLmom2J
    FLmom2J Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Buuuuuuump
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Made this today from the Diabtic Living Mag-it was so good.I added extra veggies though and a smuge of more dillweed.
    Enjoy!

Creamy Succotash Soup

Carrots and garden-fresh asparagus make corn-and-bean chowder a delightful springtime supper that's brimming with vitamin A.

SERVINGS: 4 (about 1 1/2 cup) servings

CARB GRAMS PER SERVING: 45

Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
    Servings: 4 (about 1 1/2 cup) servings
    Calories269
    Total Fat (g)3
    Monounsaturated Fat (g)2
    Polyunsaturated Fat (g)1
    Cholesterol (mg)5
    Sodium (mg)591
    Carbohydrate (g)45
    Total Sugar (g)19
    Fiber (g)6
    Protein (g)17
    Vitamin C (DV%)23
    Calcium (DV%)42
    Iron (DV%)17

2 teaspoons canola oil
    1 cup thinly sliced carrot (2 medium)
    1/2 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui) (1 medium)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
    1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
    2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
    1 cup 1-inch pieces fresh asparagus
    1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
    2 cups evaporated fat-free milk
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
    1. In a large nonstick saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broth, lima beans, and dried dill (if using). Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.

2. Add asparagus and corn. Return to boiling. Cook, covered, for 1 minute. In a large screw-top jar, combine 1 cup of the evaporated milk and the flour. Cover and shake until smooth. Add to soup along with the remaining 1 cup evaporated milk and the snipped fresh dill (if using). Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more. If desired, garnish each serving with fresh dill sprigs. Makes 4 (about 1-1/2 cup) servings
  • shaverkl191
    Options
    Don't forget your water :wink: Do your best and don't beat yourself up!!! How long have you been running? I just signed up for a running class. I am scared! I don't really like running, but what the heck. I have signed up for a Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon...which I can walk with no problem...but I need to run some of it. I might even like it! Maybe I can run my butt off :laugh: When you get back from VK/Holiday maybe we can talk.

Have Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for encouragement! I've been running for about 7 months now. I actually started running by joining a "Learn to Run" program with my local multisport club. Before that program, I could barely run for 1 minute straight. Now I run a 5k race every other week! If you'd like I can send you the schedule that I followed and maybe that will help you out with your 1/2 marathon training!
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Morning all...going to do 30 more sets of crunches...then will only have 10 left...I will keep doing 30 a day...didn't think I felt it today until I tried to reach forward from chair I am in to grab something....my upper abs sent me a message then!!!! As far as sleep...well....worked a closer shift (RN in a recovery room)....shift is 4:30pm till 1am....or whenever last patient goes up. Usually done early....10pm or so...but last night was overtime...until 2am....then home and let dog out and slept 3 till 9:30 with 1 wake up at 6:30..so not too bad. Only have to do 1 closer every month or so...so that can't be an excuse too often!!!! :)
    Hope you all have a good day.
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Woohoo. I feel so good today ! Went eat Chinese buffet with my granny and instead of going up there a hundred times I only had only plate!! And not a heaping food falling over ever end size plate but a reasonably portion amount of food ! I'm so proud of myself!! It's my favorite place to eat and for the first time in forever I was able to control myself! :happy:

I'm loving this weeks challenge, I've got 40 crunches done so far! The sleep thing is a little harder, but it takes time !!
  • angiemcnett
    Options
    Thank you for the challenges and keeping up with the great chart. :) I really need to work on getting more sleep especially during the week. Have a great night! :)
  • want_it_25
    want_it_25 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just finished doing 30 cross over crunches. It's feeling good. :p
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's Open House Day was loaded with munchies provided in the Teacher's Workroom. I skipped the breakfast provided since I already had eaten.:happy: I thought I was doing pretty good until a church came by with a loaded platter of homebaked cookies (my weakness). I DID NOT HAVE A COOKIE!! at all!!! I snagged a couple of bananas, grapes, and a strawberry instead. Woo Hoo:bigsmile: Now for the confession... I went out to eat with my grade level peeps, and had already decided in my mind it would be a turkey sandwich. That ended up being a turkey club:ohwell: It gets better... yesterday was "Free Brownie Tuesday!!!" and you guessed it! They brought out a brownie with the meal!! I ate half the brownie and threw the rest away. That is SO unlike me! (to throw away food - especially food I want!) Overall, I feel like there is a NSV in there somewhere.

completed 20/70 crossover crunches so far

Krisitin ~ You are doing it!!!!!! Way to go!! That's how those skinny people eat they only eat 1/2 or a few bites. I know what you mean about throwing food away that is so yummy. I have a friend who has lost 30 pounds with exercise and just eating a portion of her meal. We had lunch together last week. We were going to split but decided we were hungry so we ordered salads...healthy ones....I was shoveling it in soooooo good. She was half way done and put down her fork. I said...are you done??? She said yes, that's how I am losing!!!!! Oh man.......I ate alittle more then I finished too and was totally fine!!!!!!

Way to go!!!! Happy gettting back to school!!! You are a saint being a teacher - I hope those kids treat you right this year :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much for the encouragement!!! You are so right about skinny people eating until their tummy tells them to stop. It is a whole different mind frame than mine has been unfortunately. One of the other people I ate with is fairly small, and she ate 1/2 of her brownie too. I would like to change my frame of mind, but I have had a lot of practice with the clean your plate club.

It's good getting back to the classroom, and I also hope the kids will be treating me right. :happy:
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Woohoo. I feel so good today ! Went eat Chinese buffet with my granny and instead of going up there a hundred times I only had only plate!! And not a heaping food falling over ever end size plate but a reasonably portion amount of food ! I'm so proud of myself!! It's my favorite place to eat and for the first time in forever I was able to control myself! :happy:

I'm loving this weeks challenge, I've got 40 crunches done so far! The sleep thing is a little harder, but it takes time !!
    Good job!!!! Those buffet's can be dicey!!!!!!
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    is the weigh in day still the same thur-sun or did you change it?
    I'm starting my crunches now although I've done a lot this week in bootcamp & will do more tomorrow in class
  • leslyta
    leslyta Posts: 70
    Options
    yay!! i do love sleeping lol!!
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I think I got the sleep challenge in the bag this week, That's all I can seem to do, Both Monday and Tuesday I came home from work, sat down and fell asleep, Didn't even eat dinner. Last night I at least ate and did some cleaning then sat down and couldn't keep my eyes open.
    I have been thru a lot the last few months. In May my son graduated high school, June 20 my mom passed away, July 18 took my son to Kansas to live and do summer workout with the football players, August 13 go to Kansas to move him in dorms on the 14th.
    As soon as I pulled in to hotel my sister calls my BIL passed away suddenly a few hours before. So the weekend was bittersweet for me. Happy/sad for my son moving in dorms and starting next chapter in life but sad I'm losing my baby boy. Then sad for my sister who has lost her mother and husband in less than 2 months. Plus during all this I managed to maintain my 40 plus hour a week job and tend to my daughter's needs.
    Sorry for the long post, I guess I needed to justify things for myself.:sad:

I did manage 5 sets of crunch thingys yesterday.:smile:
  • lpeacock06
    Options
    Happy to report my weight today!!!: 141.2
    I can taste the 130's!!!!
    I did 15 crunches last night on each side
  • liz4214
    liz4214 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ok so I've started to implement exercise into my routine and I've gained weight! Any thoughts???
  • lpeacock06
    Options
    Ok so I've started to implement exercise into my routine and I've gained weight! Any thoughts???

When you exercise you gain muscle! Are you doing strength training? Muscle weighs more than fat!
    I just started watching my calories recently after only maintaining weight since march b/c in the beginning my wt wasn't coming off & my thought was "screw it" I'll eat what I want if I can't lose wt
    I'm finally seeing results
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Got 7 hours last night. Didn't make the challenge but I have definitely felt more rested this week. How's everyone doing today?