What was your wedding song and why?

Options
123457»

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    'dont wanna miss a thing' by aerosmith! we sang this on our second date at a uni karaokee way back in 2002! got married nearly 4 years a go!
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    "Moments in Love" by the Art of Noise. Didn't want the same old wedding march that I usually heard at everyone else's wedding. Wanted to be unique and find something that fit me and my personality. Plus, I really love that song... :-) Been married now going on 16 years! :-)
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    we are getting married in October. Our first dance song will be Adele's "One and Only". Its beautiful, and it's original, I don't think anyone will have heard it unless they have the cd/mp3.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It's been almost 10 years now. We danced to:

A Kiss to Build a Dream On, by Louis Armstrong
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Songs during our ceremony were Canon in D Major from T Carter and the Wedding March. I picked the Highland Serenade versions because I loved the bagpipes. Here is the link to their website where you can hear the songs: http://www.tcartermusic.com/

For my entrance, I picked "Here Comes The Bride." It was a version I found on You Tube by Jonathan Cain, the keyboardist for Journey. It is probably the most beautiful version I've ever heard. I highly recommend it. Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyXWm_cw2E

First song was "It Is You I Have Loved All Along," by Dana Glover. I heard it on the Shrek soundtrack and it was definitely what our relationship was about. Met and fell in love 25 years ago; went our separate ways and then reconnected and got married! Second song was "Overjoyed" by Stevie Wonder. Just one of my favorite love songs.

Just got married last year, so it's all fresh in my mind!
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Walking down the aisle: I honestly don't remember. It was classical, possibly Brendel or Beethoven. The standard "here comes the bride" songs make me cry when I hear them and I didn't want to be a sobbing mess. Also, the wedding was outdoors so we wanted light, fun songs.

Walking back (together): Linus & Lucy by Vince Guaraldi. The song makes us smile :-)

First dance: Someday by Ween. It's the mister's favorite band and it sounds like a love song on the surface but it's fun and cheeky. The chorus: "Sundayyyyyyy. Mondayyyyyy. Tuesday - is pizza day. Pizza day."
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I didnt have a wedding. But Im totally in love with Ben Folds - The Luckiest. If I ever do the whole wedding thing - Im probably gonna force this one. hahaha
  • terrie98
    terrie98 Posts: 49
    Options
    We got married in Vegas :) completely planned.. not spur of the moment.

Anyways... our first dance song was "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story. We both love Disney movies and went to Disney World for our honeymoon, so it just fit :)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    We got married in Vegas :) completely planned.. not spur of the moment.

Anyways... our first dance song was "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story. We both love Disney movies and went to Disney World for our honeymoon, so it just fit :)

I have a friend that LOVES disney! I think she has every Disney princess movie there is.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Change the World by Eric Clapton - first dance. cause that's what we want to do.

walking down the aisle: Canon in D because i'm obsessed with it

recessional: Spring by Vivaldi

entrance: Halo/Walking on Sunshine by the Glee Cast! it's such a happy song!
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    We got married last December and our song was "Two is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift. I still tear up when I hear it play on the radio!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    "My best friend" Tim McGraw.... Because life with him makes perfect sense
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith, i dont wanna miss a thing! ...ive always loved his music, and this song explained us, we were getting married because we didnt wanna miss a thing! :blushing: :heart: