Over 40 - Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    well done to all the fab 40+ team, everyone has done so well great weight loss this week.
    here to another good week.
    the best support group om MFP.
    XX
  • diane1370
    diane1370 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to burn 3500 calories during exercise and also to drink more water.

Have a great day everyone!!
    Diane

GW - 180
    Week 1 - xxx (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 196.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • Tiamaria7
    Tiamaria7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi dfeledichuk!
    i'd love to join you guys in the challenge. i'm 48years old; soon to be 49 years old. i'm happily married, have three sons but only one still lives at home. i also have a lovely daughter in law.
    i've been a bit of a couch potato for a very long time but desperately trying to get into better habits and taking regular excercise.
    i have recently found a love of dancing which is helping with the weight loss. i think twice weekly dancing helped my progress which has led to me walking the dog most nights and tonight going on a bike ride for 30 minutes.
    i've only lost 8lbs but i feel amazing and the boost to my confidence is incredible. i'm excited about the possibilities if i just stick with the programme because i've not really found the changes made to be too difficult. i think i'm in a good state of mind because mfp seems sensible and 'do able' (?)
    anyway, i will weigh in on sundays and post on mondays. looking forward to sharing with you. i feel i have to keep trying now that i've made the commitment to the challenge.
    come on we can do it!!!!

SW - 156
    CW - 148
    GW for Christmas- 140lbs - yikes!!!!!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    My challenges for the week starting Monday is to walk at least 2 miles a day. 8 glasses of water daily
    SW - 208.1
    GW - 190(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1(Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - 190- (Dec 25)

slacked a bit drinking water this week... worked out at home since i couldn't get to the gym.. put it abouyt 10 miles walking this past week.

new goals for this week of aug 29th.. to still guzzle the water.. gotta get that down... and to burn 2500 cals to 3000 this week.
  • sports2mom
    sports2mom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Very busy day and did not drink as much water as I planned! Weighed in this AM and am 151! Was hoping to have shed more but can't complain. Completed 100 crunches and 100 push ups this morning. Tomorrow I hope to get to a yoga class, if not I'll work out at home I did stay within my calorie goal and walked passed the bowls of chocolates at work.

Everyone keep up the good work!
  • dlperry65
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I started reading the posts on Saturday, but waited for today to join for weigh in.
    I just turned 46, have a loving husband, a 23 yr old daughter and a 3 yr old Granddaughter. A little over 4 years ago I lost 33 pounds. Unfortunately over time it has crept back with and brought along a few friends. So time to reverse the trend.

My challenges for the week starting today is at least 8 glasses of water daily :drinker: and surprisingly, for me, to eat all my calories. I have been falling short too much. :bigsmile:

Lisa

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2(Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - 190- (Dec 25)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newcomers dlperry and Tiamaria7, nice to have you. dlperry I have yo-yoed more times than I care to mention, so I can empathize with you, this time like you I am sure it will be different! Tiamaria7 great for you to be moving, sometimes I would love to crawl into the couch and stay there, but it is not doing us any favors! So yay for getting moving.

To the group sorry I haven't had a chance to comment on everyone's individual accomplishments this past week, but great job everyone is doing so well!!! YAY for us. As a group our goal is to lose 843.8 lbs, so far we have lost 53.4lbs. Everyone regardless of a loss, gain or remaining the same worked hard at their individual fitness or food goal. Meeting those is also a great accomplishment that will help you have success.

A reminder to set a goal each week for fitness and/or exercise, everyone's goals will be different dependent on our individual needs. Remember to let us know how you are making out, my goal for this next week is less than 2000mg of sodium each day.

Here's to another great week everyone!!!
  • Trishrunnerhi
    Trishrunnerhi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi-- I'm very new to MFP and would like to join this group too.

My name is Trish and I'm 51. I am active on another site but I'm going to a trainer now and he can access this site so he told me to start tracking exercise and food on MFP so he can access it online. Fine with me-- I was doing it anyway.

I am an avid athlete so exercise is not the problem. It's staying consistent with what I need for calories not having days that might turn into weeks where I blow the calorie limits out of the water.

I have 4 kids, 20 to 11. My 11 yr old is special needs and has multiple medical and learning issues. I love him to death, but boy, is he a trial of my patience at times. School can't start soon enough.

I'm an RN and work two part time jobs. At one of them I work through the night, so that's a tough one for staying consistent too. I eat out of boredom just to stay awake. Bad habit. Or eat when I get home, and then go right to sleep and it sits in my stomach.

I've lost about 80 lbs total over 2 years, and now am yo-yoing with the last 10. I( know, 10 sounds so trivial and it is, but if I can drop that and KEEP it off, it would be the best Christmas present I could give myself. Especially through the holidays.

So can I join?

Thanks!

Trish:smile:

Starting weight: 140
    Week 1 - 140 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 140 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome Trish, and there is nothing trivial about your goal, and what a wonderful accomplishment losing 80lbs already that is phenomenal. It sounds like you have a full and busy life with family and work and you have made such terrific progress, welcome to our group.
  • lowridershank
    lowridershank Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This week I plan on:
    -Continuing with at least 8 glasses
    -Include lots of fresh veggies and fruit into my diet.
    - Stay within my calorie count
    =-Exercise at least three times

SW - 183
    GW - 163
    Week 1 – 182.2 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 – 181.8 (Aug 29)
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well...I broke down and weighed this morning and was pleasantly surprised! Such a relief to be down and not have to throw the scale out the window or something! :laugh:

So my goals for the day are to get all my water in, stay at my calorie limit and workout this afternoon! :bigsmile:

We are all going to look SO sexy and hot for santa!

Thank you again for the kind welcomes, its fun to be a part of this groupl!

Good luck today everybody!!

Jenn
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I spent the last 1/2 hour reading the 8 pages of post. I was looking for a new group, I feel like I already know everyone:flowerforyou: . I am married ( 22 yrs ) mother of 3 ( 2 boys ages 16 and 20, and daughter, 18 yrs) My daughter just left for college ( at a university LOL...) her second year. She was my gym partner and all around motivational support. All my kids play rugby and my husband coaches , so they always have been very active. I work in food service in a middle/elementary kitchen. I'm actually the cook at my school.:noway: Needless to say, that is a challenge in itself.

So my starting weight for last week, would be 195
    this weeks weigh in is 193 !! I lost 2 lbs. after a very long summer of snails pace movement. I weigh in on Tuesdays, it gives me time to wash all the weekend sodium away. I've been on this site since April, on my journey since January. My goal weight for Christmas would be 180 for now. I'll re-evaluate then.

My goal this week is to start c25k...not a runner, but I want to be...or at least try to be.
    Food goal is to try something new....I'm thinking quinoa Thanks for letting me in.

Leila

I am off to the farmers market, my mom is waiting, so I'll fill in more as we move along.
  • ksgreys
    ksgreys Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome to all the new folks! We are really kicking it! I am so happy for all our new friends! Just a side note, my cardio tracker keeps track of all my workouts and for the month of August I have walked over 55 miles! And I still have two days left to add to that total! Keep the faith! xo
  • SWC54
    SWC54 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi all! Ok-official weigh in on 8/29 is 173. (Just got our power back on from Hurricane Irene so couldn't post yesterday). Will download spreadsheet today.

Start WT 8/29-173
    Goal WT 12/25-150

goal: track honestly all week. Every bite, every sip, every m&m!! Stay on/under cal goal.

Have a great week--Suzann
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    A water bottle toast to the new members! :drinker:
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know that when I feel a little frustrated I read your posts as a reminder that this is a group effort and we are all in this together. It really feels good to know that this group is working collectively to achieve the weight-shedding goal. Thanks for participating - it helps me out tremendously!
  • Tiamaria7
    Tiamaria7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    can you send me the link that's mentioned within the post which i think is to track my weight loss.
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :flowerforyou: Another week down...whoot ! Congratulations to everybody!!! Looks like we all had another good week. My goal for this week ...... My water consumption. !!!! I am getting much better, thank goodness, but still not quite there. My bladder feels much better now, lol, not so many bathroom trips. Also I will try to up my exercise. I am hoping once I shed a few more pounds, my joint pain will be less severe. Wish me luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck on your goal. You've been doing great so far. It has finally started becoming a habit for me so keep it up and good luck on the water consumption and less joint pain!!! :)
  • Squirkie
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know that when I feel a little frustrated I read your posts as a reminder that this is a group effort and we are all in this together. It really feels good to know that this group is working collectively to achieve the weight-shedding goal. Thanks for participating - it helps me out tremendously!

Great post... I feel the same way too! Good luck to everyone and keep up the great support!
  • Squirkie
    Options
    A water bottle toast to the new members! :drinker:

Water bottles up! :drinker: