Over 40 - Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    A water bottle toast to the new members! :drinker:

Water bottles up! :drinker:

Gwen you are so sweet. I will third that. I need to really get back to drinking more this week anyway!:drinker:

Oh and I made my Summer 100 mile challenge today. Yay!
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Tannyb have an awesome trip and I didn't know there was a fellow Canuck here with me on this challenge :)

Sounds like you had a great week this past week and made all your goals despite what the scale says, great for you! And just weigh in and update us whenever works for you, enjoy the sites and be seeing you when you get back!

Thanks. we're really looking forward to our trip - two more days! Yep, I'm Canadian, too - from all the way on the east coast. All our teams are in Boston, though, so we usually go down once or twice every year. The biggest challenge on this road trip will be to stay under my calories and sodium, since we'll be eating in restaurants for five days! Yikes. I know we're going to be doing lots of sightseeing and shopping, though, so I'll get lots of walking in. Thank you for all your support, motivation, and encouragement. Thanks also for setting up this cool group and letting me be a part of it. I truly appreciate it.
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in before heading to bed. Had great day of food and workout. Needed more water I think don't feel I got enough.

Tired tonight, didn't sleep great last night...seems that is becoming more common lately. :grumble:

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Jenn:flowerforyou:
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in before heading to bed. Had great day of food and workout. Needed more water I think don't feel I got enough.

Tired tonight, didn't sleep great last night...seems that is becoming more common lately. :grumble:

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Jenn:flowerforyou:

Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight, lack of sleep can really impede weight loss efforts! Wishing you pleasant dreams.
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know that when I feel a little frustrated I read your posts as a reminder that this is a group effort and we are all in this together. It really feels good to know that this group is working collectively to achieve the weight-shedding goal. Thanks for participating - it helps me out tremendously!

I am so pleased you are finding the group helpful! I think support is so important for weight loss, each day I feel like I am checking in with each of you, I know it keeps me motivated!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    can you send me the link that's mentioned within the post which i think is to track my weight loss.

Do you mean the spreadsheet, where I update everyone's progress?? if so it is here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9TO0C9yuUFdDRUSTFvVkxJMlAtUVNMTk5qMTk5dmc&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome LHann360, your story sounds just like mine. You have been married 22yrs (me 19yrs yesterday), you have three kids two boys and a girl (I have three kids two boys and a girl), your daughter is going to University (my daughter is going to university and she is also 18) your family is active in rugby, my family is active in hockey (all play, my husband coaches and plays as well) , we must be twins separated at birth LOL.

Sometimes I feel like if you put me and my family on a line up in Sesame Street and asked the kids on the show "Which of these is not like the other?", I would stick out like a sore thumb.... so I am trying to look more like a part of my family. :ohwell:

Welcome to the group!
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    I just had a look at the group spreadsheet.
    Wow there are some fantastic results, extra special well done to Rav3nw0lf, runninggirl262, tannyb, pangui, Kbirk1963, dlperry65, dfeledichuk, and brobin41101, your results were amazing last week.:smokin:
    To the rest of us, well done to those who stayed the same,or lost a 1lb or 2lb.:flowerforyou:
    Anyone who may have gained a little, please do not give up, keep going, the pay off will come.
    Dear _gwen even though the new scales has changed your starting weight, you have stayed positive and i'm sure the numbers will drop over the coming weeks.:smile:
    To my turn around "hero" clsalmon your story really help me stay on track last week, thanks for sharing.:love:
    Ksgrey your are just the sweetest thanks for all the support.:drinker:
    We will be having a 40+ fabulous christmas 2011.:heart:
  • ladyduddy
    Options
    hi please count me in! i am 48, happily married, two stepsons. My weight has been all over the place over the past 30 years - anything from around 15 stone at my heaviest down to being too thin (just once!).

I'm now getting control back and my main aim is to get fit and to lose wobbly bits!
    SW 144 lbs (10 stone 4lb)
    CW 134 lbs (9 stone 7lb)
    would like to be 128lb for Christmas and stay that way!

I eat some of my exercise calories, do body pump twice a week and am running/jogging and swimming too. The exercise is absolutely the best bit for me. Weaknesses : I dont have a sweet tooth but love good wine!!
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome LHann360, your story sounds just like mine. You have been married 22yrs (me 19yrs yesterday), you have three kids two boys and a girl (I have three kids two boys and a girl), your daughter is going to University (my daughter is going to university and she is also 18) your family is active in rugby, my family is active in hockey (all play, my husband coaches and plays as well) , we must be twins separated at birth LOL.

Sometimes I feel like if you put me and my family on a line up in Sesame Street and asked the kids on the show "Which of these is not like the other?", I would stick out like a sore thumb.... so I am trying to look more like a part of my family. :ohwell:

Welcome to the group!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome !! We have more in common ... my husband was born in Canada , Thunder Bay~ his sister still lives in Crystal Beach Ontario .

This week, I realize I need to NOT eat sweets. I have to make it a goal. I Love Pastry Hearts ( made with phyllo dough ) and I had Death by Chocolate ice cream yesterday. Good grief...it was in my calorie limit, but still :noway: So here it is in writing. No treats this week....7 whole days.....starting now. Tonight is Boot Camp class. I'm looking forward to it.

Have a great day everyone.
    Leila
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Another restless night for me, I think partly because my husband isn't sleeping great so it is keeping me up. :grumble:

Having my morning cup of black coffee and getting ready for work. I have to get my daughter to her orientation for her CNA class she will be taking today, she is excited about it but then she wants to finish it then move back to Utah. (we are in Illinois) Will be hard to see her go, but she is 18 and I understand that she wants to start her life. We will be "empty nesters" when she leaves. WOW! That makes me feel OLD! LOL!!!

I workout in the afternoons/evenings just because that is what has always worked best for me in the past. Not much of a morning person. :yawn:

My husband is working out and doing this with me which is REALLY nice! I love that he supports me!

I hope everyone has a great day!! Saw this quote the other day on another site and it really hit home with me...thought I would share.

"The greatest battles are not physical, but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that refuses to give in." ~Unknown

Jenn
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    Good morning all! Glad to see this challenge has turned into a support system for us all! I surly need it at times. : () ) Saw there was several Canadian's here. My husband is from Newfoundland. His parents and 2 sisters are currently visiting us in Texas from Newfoundland.

Having family visiting for 3 wks has become a challenge with eating. However his family doesn't want to be eating out as they say it costs too much $$. So I am expected to cook dinners for them all each night. Originally I was super stressed about this as I not a great cook but then I thought about it. And said well if they are expecting me to cook every night after working all day then I am putting them all on a diet and cooking the same way I would if they were not there. So everyone is eating super healthy. : ) No one has complained yet but at the same time no one has complimented me on the meals either. Oh well. I am not going to allow there visit impead with my weight loss!
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone:

SW - 200
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 198(Aug 24) (weigh in on Weds.)
    Week 2 - 199 (Aug 31) (weigh in on Weds.)

I decided to drop the points from my weight and see if I can mentally focus on pounds only. I seem to always go up . 2 or .4 then back down, so maybe this will help me focus more.

New weekly goal - stay under 1550 calories and continue drinking water :drinker:

Good luck to everyone on their new weekly goals and thank you for all the support!!! This is a great bunch!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    No one has complained yet but at the same time no one has complimented me on the meals either. Oh well. I am not going to allow there visit impead with my weight loss!

Not complaining works for me! Kudos to you for staying on track. Nice job.
  • SWC54
    SWC54 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi everyone. I had a rough night last night--family came for dinner and we cooked out on grill. Lots of wine, brownies (just a bite). I tried to journal it all--not so great. It has been a stressful few days here in NJ with power out, people being flooded out. We were very lucky, but I realize what a stress induced eater I am. I have to stop making excuses. Feel better just typing that.

So back to my MFP journal, walk the beach , drink the water. Thanks for listening. Suzann
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! :flowerforyou: My name is Sabrina and I am 44 years old. I was just searching for a challenge group to start Sept 1st. I was so excited when I came across your group of women over 40 Christmas challenge!!!! However, when I went to post my info I just realized you started August 18th!!!!! :noway: This looks like a wonderful challenge with an amazing group of women. If there is any way I could still participate in this challenge I would really appreciate it!!!! :love: If not, I completely understand and wish you all a FLAB-YOU-LESS journey!!!! :drinker:
  • Scubasab
    Options
    If I am able to participate in this wonderful challenge I thought I would go a head and tell you a little bit about myself and list my starting weight and goal weight information!!!

My name is Sabrina. I have lived in Fort Lauderdale FL since 1987 when I relocated for a job. However I am a West Coast girl!!! :wink: I grew up in South Lake Tahoe as a child and than at age 14 my Father decided to move the family to Colorado where I went to H.S. and than some College. I have been in a relationship with a wonderful man for the past 10 years. We got engaged last November.

I have always been very active and never had a problem with my weight until my late 20's when I was diagnosed with Thyroid disease and than later on thyroid cancer. I do not have any children. However, I absolutely LOVE CHILDREN!!! Unfortunately God did not bless me with any. The one and only time I was pregnant I was not aware I was and had not missed my period. Unfortunately I was given radiation for my cancer!!! It's a hard topic for me!!! It took me many years before I could even talk about it!

In early 2000 I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. It is a very painful disease. I have been given so many steroids and drugs!! Needless to say I GAINED a lot of weight!!!! It is currently being treated with weekly injections and methotrexate.

Last August 18th, 2010 I lost my beloved Mother very unexpectantly. I decided to dedicate my journey to my Mother. I signed up with MFP last November. I have lost over 30 lbs. but, recently got into a FUNK and gained some of it back!! I am looking to get back on track and at the same time meet some amazing women whom we can motivate and support one another!!

SW - 162
    GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - MISSED (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sabrina!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sabrina! I cannot imagine the pain you have gone through. Your story brought tears to my eyes.

I am a mom to two little girls that I adopted from China when I was 40 and 41. They are the light of my life and one of my inspirations for getting myself healthy.
  • Scubasab
    Options
    Welcome Sabrina! I cannot imagine the pain you have gone through. Your story brought tears to my eyes.

I am a mom to two little girls that I adopted from China when I was 40 and 41. They are the light of my life and one of my inspirations for getting myself healthy.

Thank you!!!! How amazing and wonderful to adopt two little girls. I truly believe they are the light of your life!!!!! I've been reading through everyone's posts and I look forward to meeting each and every one of you!!!!! I feel so blessed to be a part of this group!! Let's make it a great week!!!!