Fall is ON ITS WAY!! Lets share delish PUMPKIN treats!:D

Options

Replies

• vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    wow,can't wait to try these recipes, thanks everybody!
  • GrammyDiane
    Options
    Oh, these sound soooo good. Thanks for all the great ideas!:smile:
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Wow...sounds delishhhh. I am a pumpking nut, but most recipes are not low cal. I think I'll have to try this!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I looked for some pumpkin butter in the grocery Sunday and they only had apple..... I love pumpkin.... I wish it got cooler here in the Fall to enjoy it more..... But I cant wait to make all these goodies.... Thanks for the post
  • shellbell525
    Options
    All these recipes and ideas are making me hungry! Yum yum, can't wait to try them ALL!
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You'll love this one!!! Pumpkin Mousse

15 ounces canned pumpkin
    2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
    1 3/4 cups skim milk
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    2 cups fat-free whipped topping
    Directions:
    Combine pumpkin, spice, and milk in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Add pudding mix and beat for 1-2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Chill well before serving.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-mousse-ww-105421#ixzz1VFPc7xIg

I am so excited to try this! Yum!
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Butter??? Why have I never had this before....I will make it my mission to find some SOON!! :D Happy Tuesday everyone!

Look at www.skinnyrecipes.com
    I will be making it tom, so I can't say how good it is but there is pumpkin butter and pumpkin pancakes!
    PS-fall is my fav time of year as well.
  • deb162
    deb162 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Can't wait to try these!
  • defeatmylazyself
    defeatmylazyself Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Easy and delicious butternut squash soup:

Cut one butternut squash into little cubes, about 1 inch square. Chop one onion. Heat a little olive oil and add the onion. Then add the butternut squash and roast it a little, this will give the soup a nice smoky flavour! Add 1l vegetable broth or low-sodium chicken broth if you´d rather have a meaty hint. Boil for 15 min or so, then blend and add pepper to taste. Om nomnomnom ^^
  • aschr690
    aschr690 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I haven't made these yet but they look soooo good (Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins)

/www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Pumpkin-Cheesecake-Muffins/
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Biscotti!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmm...........
    Pumpkin Biscotti Recipe

Ingredients
    2 1/2 cups of flour
    1 cup of sugar
    1 teaspoon of baking powder
    1 teaspoon of cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
    Pinch of ginger
    Pinch of cloves
    Pinch of salt
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup of pumpkin purée
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    Method
    1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Sift together the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and spices into a large bowl.

2 In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin purée, and vanilla extract. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. Give it a rough stir to generally incorporate the ingredients, the dough will be crumbly.

3 Flour your hands and a clean kitchen surface and lightly knead the dough. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper. Form the dough into a large log, roughly about 15-20 inches by 6-7 inches. The loaves should be relatively flat, only about 1/2 inch high. Bake for 22-30 minutes at 350 F, until the center is firm to the touch. (Feel free to also form two smaller logs for cute two-bite biscotti; just cut the baking time to 18-24 minutes.)

4 Let biscotti cool for 15 minutes and then using a serrated knife cut into 1 inch wide pieces. Turn the oven to 300 F and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. Cool completely.

Biscotti may be still a tad moist and chewy, so if you prefer it crisp let it sit uncovered overnight in a dry space. Serve and enjoy.

Makes approximately 15 cookies.

You can melt some dark chocolate and dip the bottoms of the cookies in it and let it dry on a piece of wax paper.
  • sarahbarah25
    Options
    This is my FAVE thread yet...so glad I found it. I HAVE a pumpkin fetish!! Here is a recipe for pumpkin cobbler:

Pumpkin Cobbler

3 Eggs Beaten (I use egg substitue)
    15 oz Can Pumpkin
    12 oz Can evaporated milk (Fat Free works fine)
    1 Cup sugar (I use Splenda baking blend)
    1/8 Tsp salt
    1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
    1 Tsp ginger
    1 Tbsp Vanilla
    1 Box yellow cake mix (I use the Splenda cake mix)
    1 1/4 Cup butter melted
    1 Cup chopped nuts (optional)

Mix 1st 8 ingredients together and pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 pan.
    Sprinkle cake mix over it.
    Drizzle with melted butter.
    Bake @ 350 for 30 Minutes.
    Add nuts and bake another 30 minutes
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I love love love baked pumpkin seeds! It's great if you're doing something like Jack-O-Laterns with the kiddies (or just by yourself!) Scoop out the seeds and put them in a bowl of water. The seeds will float to the top and the goo will stay at the bottom. Take them out and spread them on a row of paper towels and let them dry for a few hours or overnight. When that's all done, put them evenly on a cookie sheet, take a damp paper towel and slightly wet them down a bit, then sprinkle on some salt or whatever spices you want (cinnamon is yummy on them as well!) and bake 'em at 350 'til they're nice and golden, and crispy.

On a less healthy note, my mom buys those little pumpkins, the ones that most people use for decoration but are still real, and she scoops them out, then adds brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg and bakes them until they're soft. Soooo good!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    BUMP
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    where the heck do you find sugar free pumpking syrup? YUM !!
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • amymariebug
    Options
    Bumping! Don't have any new recipes but will def be trying some of these out!! Yum pumpkin!!
  • angiebugpie
    angiebugpie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

YES YES its me again..:D Still daydreaming about fall, still thinking of ways to make it get here QUICKER!! (do you think if I start to bring out my fall boots/sweaters/etc. it will come faster!?) :D

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to share PUMPKIN ideas...either recipes, store finds, etc...

I know I said it the other day, but I've been REALLY enjoying my

pumpkin coffee...I make regular black coffee, add some sugar-free pumpkin syrup and splash of unsweetened almond milk..AHHHH so good!!

Also, I've made my 'banana pancakes' using PUMPKIN as well...SOOO delish!! (just egg white, 1/2 banana, a scoop of pumpkin puree, and a sprinkle of cinnamon, mixed together and on the griddle like a pancake!) :D
    :flowerforyou:
  • angiebugpie
    angiebugpie Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You'll love this one!!! Pumpkin Mousse

15 ounces canned pumpkin
    2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
    1 3/4 cups skim milk
    1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    2 cups fat-free whipped topping
    Directions:
    Combine pumpkin, spice, and milk in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth. Add pudding mix and beat for 1-2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Chill well before serving.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/pumpkin-mousse-ww-105421#ixzz1VFPc7xIg
    :happy:
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! :happy: